09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Besides what I've told you and you've already done, brightness may affect, you should leave it in auto but not recommended in auto plus full brightness because that's the combo that triggers the most nits (over 1040) on the phone and that's Battery killer by itself. I'm used to not having brightness too high but with Auto I'd say to leave it at about 50%, it will be more than enough to basically all situations.

Last resort, clear apps cache in Systems - Storage and wipe cache partition in Recovery mode before a full system restore, preferably in Recovery mode also.
    Thanks for your advice erasat. I thought that auto brightness made the brightness vary according to the lighting. I must say I like to keep my brightness pretty high though because that's how I enjoy the most my screen and I don't think that's something I would be willing to sacrifice for battery. I've attached a screenshot of my brightness bar now for example and it's nightime in miami so I'm assuming in the day it might be near 100.

Regarding the wiping the cache thing, unfortunately you're speaking Chinese to me right now! But I will definitely Google it and see what I can do. Thanks for the tip man.

If I was to start from scratch though, is it just the apps I cant restore with smarts witch? Or not even the notes and contacts and pictures?!!!

Besides what I've told you and you've already done, brightness may affect, you should leave it in auto but not recommended in auto plus full brightness because that's the combo that triggers the most nits (over 1040) on the phone and that's Battery killer by itself. I'm used to not having brightness too high but with Auto I'd say to leave it at about 50%, it will be more than enough to basically all situations.

Last resort, clear apps cache in Systems - Storage and wipe cache partition in Recovery mode before a full system restore, preferably in Recovery mode also.
    09-01-2016 07:16 PM
    Can someone post all the bloatware they took out that did not cause a issue PLEASE It really would help many people. If you remove them al in the package disabler issues happen so really would help if you would just post the ones you removed.
    09-01-2016 07:17 PM
    Thanks for your advice erasat. I thought that auto brightness made the brightness vary according to the lighting. I must say I like to keep my brightness pretty high though because that's how I enjoy the most my screen and I don't think that's something I would be willing to sacrifice for battery. I've attached a screenshot of my brightness bar now for example and it's nightime in miami so I'm assuming in the day it might be near 100.

Regarding the wiping the cache thing, unfortunately you're speaking Chinese to me right now! But I will definitely Google it and see what I can do. Thanks for the tip man.

If I was to start from scratch though, is it just the apps I cant restore with smarts witch? Or not even the notes and contacts and pictures?!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f899dc2b32.jpg
    Keep your brightness where you feel comfortable, no need to to sacrifice your needs, but I can tell you, brightness is something that takes just some time to adjust to, I live in Puerto Rico so I know about Miami weather and the needs for people like us, but do this, day by day, lower your brightness about 10% each day and give your eyes some time to get used to it, I assure you that from about 75% like you have it now, you'll be in around 50% and already used to that. But again, if you honestly can't deal with lower than that, then do whatever is best for you.

About the other topic, do a Full Backup including apps data with Smart Switch for PC or Mac, so you have that done, then try clearing apps cache and then turn off your phone and press and hold Home - volume up-power buttons until you see some message on screen, once it finishes you'll be on the Recovery Menu, in there, you browse using the volume buttons and select using the power button.

In the try the Wipe Cache Data and reboot, try to see if it helps, if not, go back to the Recovery menu and do the Full system restore.
    09-01-2016 07:30 PM
    Anyone up for doing some kind of repeatable test? I'm trying to compare my Battery Life to reviews as I feel I've gotten a Lemon. I saw one review quote 8-9 % battery life Streaming Netflix, but I lose closer to ~15% for an hour of Netflix on WiFi, with brightness at just a bit under 50%. This seems pretty different to me.

If anyone gets bored and wants to do a test: Pick an episode of something on Netflix (Or maybe a youtube video) - and try to leave it playing for like an hour. Preferably on WiFi. Note your brightness and battery usage before/after. Everything I can find would seem to say that 15% an hour is not the expected.
    09-01-2016 11:19 PM
    I wonder if anyone has a scale for expected battery life... Like right now I've been on my battery for 4 hrs, 1.25 screen on time and I'm at 79% battery... To me that seens kinda low.. Am i expecting too much?
    09-01-2016 11:29 PM
    You should be happy about this. I am right no 4 hours off the battery with 1h18 mins on screen time and my battery is at 66 percent !!!! Makes me so angry I don't know what to do. Trying the cache thing that erasat mentionned yesterday but now I'm also contemplating resetting my phone to factory and starting from scratch. When I see other peoples results I'm convinced there is something in my phone draining the battery, but I can't identify what.....
    09-02-2016 11:12 AM
    You should be happy about this. I am right no 4 hours off the battery with 1h18 mins on screen time and my battery is at 66 percent !!!! Makes me so angry I don't know what to do. Trying the cache thing that erasat mentionned yesterday but now I'm also contemplating resetting my phone to factory and starting from scratch. When I see other peoples results I'm convinced there is something in my phone draining the battery, but I can't identify what.....
    No need to worry now guess we will all be getting new phones
    09-02-2016 12:23 PM
    Battery life for me prior to today has been pretty good. No complaints at all. Today however, Google Play Services is hammering my battery. I have not changed anything about the phone. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this energy vampire?
    09-02-2016 12:49 PM
    Battery life for me prior to today has been pretty good. No complaints at all. Today however, Google Play Services is hammering my battery. I have not changed anything about the phone. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this energy vampire?
    Can you send a screenshot?
    09-02-2016 02:35 PM
    No need to worry now guess we will all be getting new phones
    Not me. I bought my phone on Amazon. It's an international version of the phone and it said No Warranty in capital letters... I knew it was risky but I needed the dual sim version and it was the only choice. I guess I'll always risk the explosion!
    09-02-2016 02:36 PM
    Not me. I bought my phone on Amazon. It's an international version of the phone and it said No Warranty in capital letters... I knew it was risky but I needed the dual sim version and it was the only choice. I guess I'll always risk the explosion!
    I don't think you should have issues returning your phone, it's a Recall and it's different or at least it should be different than when asking for Warranty. Just give Samsung a call or connect through the Samsung + app and ask about it.
    benjamminh likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:51 PM
    Actually I just spoke with them via Samsung + and they've told me that they are not officially recalling the phones yet and that we should be waiting on standby until further notice. Lol. Anyway I don't think I'll return my phone. Can't be bothered to wait so long for the replacement. And I have no phone to use on the meantime!!

Well today I tried to lower by luminosity by 10%, and I saw a tiny improvement but not worth doing it. Just 10 minutes screen on time additional. Not worth it I think.
    And I didn't even make it to 9 hours on battery today. That really sucks. I'm hopeless.

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472848682123.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472848687531.jpg
    09-02-2016 03:38 PM
    Just read something about screen time out having an impact on battery. Mine is set at 2 minutes, can it be a problem? What's yours like...

I also see in the screenshot above that now I don't only have android system but I also have android Os eating my battery! What is that? That's new...

And what is Google play service? Seems to take battery aways! Should I disable it

What about nfc?! Should I turn it off too?
    09-02-2016 03:48 PM
    Another thought: I haven't been using the stock charge my phone. Maybe i will get better battery time if I start using it ??? ALso, do you guys think that turning off fast charging could improve the battery life ???
    09-02-2016 04:30 PM
    Another thought: I haven't been using the stock charge my phone. Maybe i will get better battery time if I start using it ??? ALso, do you guys think that turning off fast charging could improve the battery life ???
    I've tried both... Fast and non fast and i actually felt like my battery life was better with fast charging
    09-02-2016 04:32 PM
    I've tried both... Fast and non fast and i actually felt like my battery life was better with fast charging
    You're not going to notice a difference in discharge rate based on how quickly it charged. It's like saying your car gets better gas mileage when you pump at the gas station faster vs slower. WattHours are WattHours.

Fast charging will affect your battery's capacity over time though. More fast charges will diminish battery life quicker.
    09-02-2016 04:55 PM
    Everyone should realize the fact that the battery life can varry A LOT depending on what you do. Some do a lot of browsing, others play games or edit photos. On the whole, from what I've read the average is around 4-5 hours of sot. I don't really understand from where comes all the hating regarding this phone. Just buy an s7e or 6s or wait for the iph7.
    09-02-2016 05:25 PM
    Actually I just spoke with them via Samsung + and they've told me that they are not officially recalling the phones yet and that we should be waiting on standby until further notice. Lol. Anyway I don't think I'll return my phone. Can't be bothered to wait so long for the replacement. And I have no phone to use on the meantime!!

Well today I tried to lower by luminosity by 10%, and I saw a tiny improvement but not worth doing it. Just 10 minutes screen on time additional. Not worth it I think.
    And I didn't even make it to 9 hours on battery today. That really sucks. I'm hopeless.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472848682123.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	238233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472848687531.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	238234
    Your phone basically is not deep sleeping, if everything I've told you hasn't worked, then if a Wipe cache Partition doesn't help you must have a rogue app not allowing your phone to sleep, that battery graphic says it all, it's basically drain nonstop at a steady pace and I can guess that you are using it a lot, hence you still manage to get 4 hours of SOT, but if I'm right your standby should suck, so if you don't use this phone constantly your SOT will be a lot worse.

Try the Wipe cache Partition but if it doesn't help consider getting a battery meager app that like GSAM that can give you a more detailed information of nothing helps then a factory reset.
    09-02-2016 05:49 PM
    Getting a fairly good battery life yesterday to me, 4hrs plus with 39% battery with high usage on Pokemon Go which is quite a battery draining app to me.

Somehow I find Note 7 has very good battery life during usage, but rather poor when idling or when keep waking the phone. You can get a very good SOT if you continuously use your phone, but if you are the kind who turns on your phone every few minutes to look at it for a few seconds each time, you are going to get a poor SOT overall.

*I'm using FHD resolution and auto-brightness.

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160903-061115.jpg
    The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160903-061129.jpg
    09-02-2016 05:57 PM
    Just read something about screen time out having an impact on battery. Mine is set at 2 minutes, can it be a problem? What's yours like...

I also see in the screenshot above that now I don't only have android system but I also have android Os eating my battery! What is that? That's new...

And what is Google play service? Seems to take battery aways! Should I disable it

What about nfc?! Should I turn it off too?
    Like I've said before NFC is one of the Quick toggles for a reason, no need to have it on all the time, it may not use a lot of power but uses nevertheless.

Forget about the other, Android System and Android OS there is not much you can do, maybe if you get more detailed information about those 2 maybe it can give you a better idea, but yes, Google Play services can do harm like no other, click on Google play services and see how long it is keeping the phone awake, that can be a HUGE issue if it's a high number, either way do the Wipe ache partition, with what you are saying and showing it can definitely help, I don't know why you haven't done it yet, it causes no harm.
    09-02-2016 06:03 PM
    As I stated in this thread and others I am getting 9-10 hours with 3.5 -4.5 SOT. However a 20 minute charge up and I'm getting 12-14 hours with 5-6 hours of SOT.

I use this phone a lot so I don't worry about what i get on own single charge. If I need to I just switch over to Power Saving Medium mode and allow data but reduce overall CPU and that adds 2 hours easy in a pinch
    09-02-2016 06:22 PM

I charged it for 12 minutes first time and 14 minutes second time when in the car.

That's a total of 26 minutes and this is very good in my opinion. Took it off charger at 545am.
    09-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Erasat, thanks for all your advice. For now I've decided to make the big move! I reset it to factory and I'm setting it up as a new phone.

1. I will install disable package pro and turn off the main bloatware.

2. I will go through all the settings and put in place all the battery saving tips you've taught me such as scanning, location, etc....

3. I will reinstall all the app that I use daily only, and try to edit all the permissions of those to remove the useless ones...

4. I will fully un charge the phone and then fully charge it with the charger I got in the box. And then will come the test.

My dream is 6 hrs sot like many people here, but if I reach 5 I'll be so happy!

See you on the other side!!
    09-02-2016 08:38 PM
    One quick question erasat, now that I've reset to factory, do I still need to wipe the cache or that's not necessary anymore?
    09-02-2016 09:44 PM
    One quick question erasat, now that I've reset to factory, do I still need to wipe the cache or that's not necessary anymore?
    Just curious, why are you putting so much effort into SOT with your current phone with the recall?
    benjamminh and msm0511 like this.
    09-02-2016 09:50 PM
601 ... 1819202122 ...