09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Never really monitored battery life and screen on time before as I'd use my iPhone 6+ in low power mode 24/7. So far on my note I'm down to 70% with 2hrs screen on time. Is that good? Would I really be able to get about 6 1/2 hours screen on with it at that rate?

Attachment 238345

Attachment 238346

Yes, that's pretty good.
    09-03-2016 03:19 PM
    How's your signal strength? Check it on Settings-about phone Sim status.

In all your screenshots I've noticed the signal bars for both your Sim cards showing not too good of a signal, that could kill your battery life faster than anything else and in your case with 2 sim cards can be twice as bad.

If you still not satisfied, do another test, put your phone in airplane mode and then turn the wifi on, and see in a couple of hours and see that battery life graphic, if it gets better then all your problems may have been 1 or more rogue apps that you got rid of worth the reset combined with a not so great cell reception.
    09-03-2016 03:25 PM
    3hrs 30 at 55% battery. Could I really get 7+ hours screen on?
    09-03-2016 03:53 PM
    Only you can answer that, how does it compare with before the reset? Trying to get the same battery life than others will always be frustrating because nobody uses the phone the same and it can look as you have a problem where you for have it and won't allow you to just enjoy your phone.

In your case you must have had a rogue app not allowing your phone to deep sleep as nothing else seemed to help, if now you can at least see your phone deep sleeping then it will definitely better, just use it as you need it and intend and forget a little about your battery life, if it's not normal then you can always go back to see what may be wrong. Just remember the hints about battery saving and you should be good.
    You're right. Many of us suffer from battery anxiety and most of us need to fix ourselves before we fix our batteries, lol...

However at the end of the day I don't know if my phone managed to deep sleep in the end... The downward curve might seem less smooth than before my factory reset, but it still seems pretty consistent throughout the day, what do you think?

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472948135921.jpg
    09-03-2016 07:15 PM
    How's your signal strength? Check it on Settings-about phone Sim status.

In all your screenshots I've noticed the signal bars for both your Sim cards showing not too good of a signal, that could kill your battery life faster than anything else and in your case with 2 sim cards can be twice as bad.

If you still not satisfied, do another test, put your phone in airplane mode and then turn the wifi on, and see in a couple of hours and see that battery life graphic, if it gets better then all your problems may have been 1 or more rogue apps that you got rid of worth the reset combined with a not so great cell reception.
    I'm gonna do what you said tomorrow. I will try my phone on wifi and see if it comes from bad signal because today again even after the reset my battery wasn't good. I did get 14 hours on battery with is 4 more than usual but that's because I haven't used my phone a lot until the afternoon. And then as usual, barely managed to reach 4 hrs of sot.
    Not sure how to read the signal strength but I've added some screen shots

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1472948405948.jpg
    09-03-2016 07:20 PM
    You're right. Many of us suffer from battery anxiety and most of us need to fix ourselves before we fix our batteries, lol...

However at the end of the day I don't know if my phone managed to deep sleep in the end... The downward curve might seem less smooth than before my factory reset, but it still seems pretty consistent throughout the day, what do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472948135921.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	238359
    Yes, seems better than before but still seems like something is draining the battery a little fast. Check my other post where I asked you about the signal strength, besides that there is really not too much to tell you, you got the whole idea now of what may drain your phone, so besides an specific app and the things I've told you and you have done, signal strength is the other possible cause and one of the worst if it's that.
    09-03-2016 07:25 PM
    I'm gonna do what you said tomorrow. I will try my phone on wifi and see if it comes from bad signal because today again even after the reset my battery wasn't good. I did get 14 hours on battery with is 4 more than usual but that's because I haven't used my phone a lot until the afternoon. And then as usual, barely managed to reach 4 hrs of sot.

Name:	1472948405948.jpg 
Views:	25 
ID:	238360https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a91910e0b5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f2baabef10.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...eedff0bd28.jpg
    We were posting at the same time it seems, but man, your signal strength doesn't look that bad, in fact you have better signal than me while I'm at work.

But really don't know what else it may be, only thing is to try what I suggested and see if in wifi only mode it gets better, if it does, it won't help you fix it but at least you would know what is causing it. Also you can just trying in the same tests, to keep just one Sim card at a time and see if it has to be with your specific settings, again, no fix but at least it can help with the troubleshooting.
    09-03-2016 07:30 PM

Name:	1472948405948.jpg 
Views:	25 
ID:	238360https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a91910e0b5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f2baabef10.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...eedff0bd28.jpg
    One more thing it seems that both your SIM cards are roaming and one is on Edge, is this normal about the Roaming, are you traveling? The Edge one may be because of the dual Sim and not being able to have both on LTE at the same time, but I'd suggest to keep both Sim as you need but turn off data for the secondary one, instead of having it on edge, better just turn it off.

Do what I suggested and put it on airplane mode and then work on wifi, seeing what I'm seeing here, I got a feeling that it will be a lot better for you, then consider having just 1 data running at a time, just use the quick toggles for when you need it, anyways, you can use data only one at a time.
    09-03-2016 07:44 PM
    We were posting at the same time it seems, but man, your signal strength doesn't look that bad, in fact you have better signal than me while I'm at work.

But really don't know what else it may be, only thing is to try what I suggested and see if in wifi only mode it gets better, if it does, it won't help you fix it but at least you would know what is causing it. Also you can just trying in the same tests, to keep just one Sim card at a time and see if it has to be with your specific settings, again, no fix but at least it can help with the troubleshooting.
    Thanks a lot man. I'll do this and I'll report to you. Do you know the name of the app to download that could help me identify the rogue app if that's what happening to me?

Hey I know this is off topic but you seem knowledgeable so I'll try and ask you! I love my note 7 but there is one thing I'm missing to make it perfect. It's to uncap the volume limit. A few years ago governments passed some low to block the volume limit to protect people's ears and phone makers were forced to cap it. But it's way too low for me at least with the stock headphones and I can't hear my audiobooks when I walk in the street. I used to jailbreak or root my phone to modify the code and life the limits but my note 7 is not root able yet. Any idea how I can fix this? Have you ever had that problem yourself?! Some people told me that some better headphones might be the solution so I'm looking at the icon x now!
    09-03-2016 07:47 PM
    Thanks a lot man. I'll do this and I'll report to you. Do you know the name of the app to download that could help me identify the rogue app if that's what happening to me?

Hey I know this is off topic but you seem knowledgeable so I'll try and ask you! I love my note 7 but there is one thing I'm missing to make it perfect. It's to uncap the volume limit. A few years ago governments passed some low to block the volume limit to protect people's ears and phone makers were forced to cap it. But it's way too low for me at least with the stock headphones and I can't hear my audiobooks when I walk in the street. I used to jailbreak or root my phone to modify the code and life the limits but my note 7 is not root able yet. Any idea how I can fix this? Have you ever had that problem yourself?! Some people told me that some better headphones might be the solution so I'm looking at the icon x now!
    Try GSAM from the Play Store, it's maybe the best in that, I haven't had used it in a while but I think it's still working great.

About the audio, yes, rooting your phone may give you tons of more options and certainly one for the audio, but i really can't tell you about it, no root for me for about 2 years now.

I don't have a Note 7 but if it wasn't removed there is a feature on latest Samsung flagships for the past couple of years that is called Adaptive or Adapt Sound, go to settings - sounds and check for it in Advanced or something similar, adjust it for your hearing and it will help a lot with the sound via headphones.
    Steven Hadjez1 likes this.
    09-03-2016 07:57 PM
    Try GSAM from the Play Store, it's maybe the best in that, I haven't had used it in a while but I think it's still working great.

About the audio, yes, rooting your phone may give you tons of more options and certainly one for the audio, but i really can't tell you about it, no root for me for about 2 years now.

I don't have a Note 7 but if it wasn't removed there is a feature on latest Samsung flagships for the past couple of years that is called Adaptive or Adapt Sound, go to settings - sounds and check for it in Advanced or something similar, adjust it for your hearing and it will help a lot with the sound via headphones.
    Thank you man, will look into it!
    09-03-2016 08:06 PM
    New problem

Today been 4 hours only on battery and already at 60%
    The email app is in first place in the battery consuming list. Even before the screen!! The problem is.... I haven't even opened the app and look all the power it sucked me!!! Whyyyyyyyyy

The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1473002548230.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-1473002555109.jpg
    09-04-2016 10:22 AM
    currently at 19% with 5hrs screen on time.
    09-04-2016 11:47 AM
    New problem

Today been 4 hours only on battery and already at 60%
    The email app is in first place in the battery consuming list. Even before the screen!! The problem is.... I haven't even opened the app and look all the power it sucked me!!! Whyyyyyyyyy

Name:	1473002548230.jpg 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	238415Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1473002555109.jpg 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	238416
    What are you using the email app for, what are the sync settings?
    09-04-2016 12:51 PM
    What are you using the email app for, what are the sync settings?
    I have it in automatic push, so the email comes to me as soon as it's received. But I've had it like this forever and it's the first time the email app decides to such 15% of my battery on its own...
    09-04-2016 04:40 PM
    I have it in automatic push, so the email comes to me as soon as it's received. But I've had it like this forever and it's the first time the email app decides to such 15% of my battery on its own...
    But is this a Private ISP email or are you using it for gmail, yahoo or Hotmail?

If it keeps doing the same the clear email app cache and data and set them again, just to see.

Have you done the Airplane mode/wifi only test?
    09-04-2016 04:44 PM
    I don't know what to say on this thread any longer about battery. To me if you're getting 8-10 hours with really heavy use then you're doing it right.

Many people who post these stats claiming 15-20 hours with 6 SOT have already said they are using owner saving modes.

I get on average 10 hours with 4-4.5 SOT without charging. But I just charged for 20 min and now I am going to end up with 15 hours and about 6.5 SOT today.

Even a simple 10 min charge would boost me another 20%.
    09-04-2016 06:35 PM
    I am getting pretty good battery life!

09-04-2016 07:07 PM
    But is this a Private ISP email or are you using it for gmail, yahoo or Hotmail?

If it keeps doing the same the clear email app cache and data and set them again, just to see.

Have you done the Airplane mode/wifi only test?
    Gmail! But it looks like resetting the app to factory fixed it. Must have been some bug somewhere!

I haven't made the wifi test yet man, cause I need to use my phone today. I plan on making it on Tuesday because I'll be the whole day at work meaning I'll have wifi and my boss won't be looking for me!!!
    tippmann15 likes this.
    09-04-2016 07:39 PM
    I am getting pretty good battery life!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d26f38cce4.jpg
    Can you post your screen on time?
    09-04-2016 07:39 PM
    I don't know what to say on this thread any longer about battery. To me if you're getting 8-10 hours with really heavy use then you're doing it right.

Many people who post these stats claiming 15-20 hours with 6 SOT have already said they are using owner saving modes.

I get on average 10 hours with 4-4.5 SOT without charging. But I just charged for 20 min and now I am going to end up with 15 hours and about 6.5 SOT today.

Even a simple 10 min charge would boost me another 20%.
    Wide words man. My situation is the same. The only problem comes from me and my battery anxiety, not my phones battery.
    I get the same consistent results that you. 10 hours on battery and 4 hours Sot. But today I put my phone to charge for 15 minutes while I was at 45% cause either knew I'd spend the whole day out and I pulled off 15 hours on battery and over 5 hours sot. Thats using my phone heavily with everything on!!! What else can we ask for. I guess it's pretty good after all!!!
    09-04-2016 07:42 PM
    See, that's my day today. You can see the 15 minutes boost on the fast charger!! And we back in the game...
    I'm at 9% now and that ll give me easily another 1hr+ but all I need Is another 10 minutes of charger and I'm good to go till tomorrow.
    Remember too that in the morning I had a bug with my email app that unusually sucked away 15, % of my battery for no reason....
    09-04-2016 07:45 PM
    Gmail! But it looks like resetting the app to factory fixed it. Must have been some bug somewhere!

I haven't made the wifi test yet man, cause I need to use my phone today. I plan on making it on Tuesday because I'll be the whole day at work meaning I'll have wifi and my boss won't be looking for me!!!
    Ok, my last advice for you on this matter is to just clear the email app data again and forget about it, if you are just using it for Gmail, just use the Gmail app for it, low resources and battery friendly, plus it pushes your emails by default no need to do anything else, in fact, if you haven't disabled Gmail or turned off its sync, then you are using twice the battery and resources just to get the same emails as Gmail account is set by default by simply login with your Google account.

I use most of Samsung Native apps except S Voice and Email, and it's because I don't like S voice and my 2 emails accounts are Gmail accounts so I use the Android native one and that one is Gmail.

After you can make the Airplane mode tests you should have a better picture of what may be wrong in your case, I hope you finally figure it out. Good luck.
    09-04-2016 08:54 PM
    I used my all day, without the power saving turned on.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It looks like you charged it at least 4 times during that period.
    09-04-2016 09:01 PM
    Today was a good battery day. I really hope things don't change with the recall exchange. I watched YouTube for a while this morning. Researched a bunch of stuff online, mainly guns. And went through some forums. 4 Gmail accounts set to push. Everything syncing. Bluetooth on and connected to a gear fit 2 all day. WiFi on the whole time and connected part of the time. NFC on. AOD on. Auto brightness. I'm on Sprint with the SD820 variant.
    The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1838.jpg
    09-04-2016 09:35 PM
601 ... 2021222324 ...