09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 12345 ...
tools
    I dont know what people dont get about this. Everybody's phone and usage is different. Are you using Wi-Fi? Is your signal spotty? What apps are taxing your ram? How many apps refresh like emails and how frequent? Gps, Bluetooth, power saving, Display brightness.. I can go on and on. The less apps you have, the better signal you have, the better your battery is going to be. My battery seems fine. Alot better than my note3 which isn't saying much but my note3 battery was still very good.
    ClintRo likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:35 PM
    Lol at anyone that's says they're "getting an average of" in reference to battery time.

1). You can't have had the phone more than a day or two
    2). If you've managed to power cycle you're phone 5-6 times...I don't just question your logic...but your sanity and need for a nap. An average isn't twice
    3). Android needs days to settle down...not hours.

Everyone take a powder and relax, it's not even worth discussing for another couple of days, the information you have about your two day old phone is less than telling about ling term performance.
    ggrr8t and Inevitable Flux like this.
    08-20-2016 01:58 PM
    Whoa, that's not good. Anything running in the background? What's your brightness? BT left on? Weak signal?
    No BT. Good signal and display was "sleeping". I will try to duplicate tonight and take a screenshot. It showed about 33% usage was android system I think, I forget the rest.
    08-20-2016 02:44 PM
    I dont know what people dont get about this. Everybody's phone and usage is different. Are you using Wi-Fi? Is your signal spotty? What apps are taxing your ram? How many apps refresh like emails and how frequent? Gps, Bluetooth, power saving, Display brightness.. I can go on and on. The less apps you have, the better signal you have, the better your battery is going to be. My battery seems fine. Alot better than my note3 which isn't saying much but my note3 battery was still very good.
    Exactly. My only point in here though is that some of this seems mad fishy. I haven't even tailored my phone yet (I was sleepy yesterday....and lazy lol). Probably have 50 or so apps, GPS running (which I NEVER do) and BT on and my battery is taking me all the way. Even with varying experiences, I just don't know where folks are getting these super drastic battery drains lol
    08-20-2016 03:05 PM
    So far i'm losing about the same percentage per hour as I was on my s 7 edge. No complaints. I

--RICH
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-20-2016 04:41 PM
    I'm a day in and mines doing good so far. 2 hrs 40 minutes SOT and I'm at 66% with 4 hrs 16 minutes total off the charger. This is with web browsing, forum app browsing, Facebook, messages, some clash royale and other random stuff. I have spotty reception here also. Been on WiFi for part of the time. Bluetooth, WiFi, location and NFC all on with my Gear fit 2 connected via BT. 4 Gmail accounts set to push. All in all for my first day after setting it up I'm pleased. It's on par with my GS7E.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 05:25 PM
    I notice that when I turn the battery saver on and set it to "Mid", Always On doesn't work anymore. I don't see any options to enable it in the customize options. Does Always On only work when your in full power mode? Thanks

08-20-2016 08:32 PM
    While always on is cool, it does use a little battery. It would be inconsistent to use a battery saving mode and an optional battery user at the same time.

The more I look at the battery saver modes, I am certain they werr not designed to be on all the time.
    08-20-2016 08:59 PM
    I can personally say I am having zero issues with my battery. I have been using the crap out of it for the last day and have been really happy and surprised with how good the battery it.

Also, I never restore from my previous account. Always start fresh. I did smart Switch my photos, music, messages and phone logs. Other than that download the critical apps I use and I just download apps as needed when using the phone.
    What's your sot?
    08-20-2016 09:01 PM
    I got 4 hrs today, and that was with streaming music and using GPS navigation for an hour with the screen on.

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi is on, screen brightness on auto. All stock Settings, havent done anything to try to improve battery life.

I think I can get 5 hours.
    08-20-2016 09:08 PM
    My battery life has been great. I find it better than the s7 edge I was using. I did disable lots of stuff with Ez Disabler pro that I don't use. Phone is super smooth with very good battery life.
    08-20-2016 09:15 PM
    My battery life has been great. I find it better than the s7 edge I was using. I did disable lots of stuff with Ez Disabler pro that I don't use. Phone is super smooth with very good battery life.
    How do you define great? Can you share your sot?
    08-20-2016 09:20 PM
    Been on mine for 3 hours syncing & Bluetooth transfer pictures etc & 83% which I'm amazed at. Screen on auto at around 40% most of time (indoors) which is plenty.
    08-20-2016 09:31 PM

This is mine after 2 full days.

Not bad although SOT could be better. Who knows what I got on my iPhone 6+ . I know I did better but was willing to sacrifice it slightly if I could get at least 10 hours on a charge and 3-3.5 SOT.
    mobrules likes this.
    08-20-2016 09:36 PM
    I hope you get what you are looking for from the phone. FYI, I don't believe in handicapping my phone for the sake of battery life unless it was absolutely necessary. I use it how I like it as far as brightness and background settings. I have chargers at home, work and the car. All fast chargers. Then I also keep a fully charged battery pack in the car in case we are somewhere that I need to charge away from an outlet. I very rarely need that. There are just too many ways to keep the phone charged to worry that much about it. Obviously we all want longer battery life, but I don't think anyone needs to worry that much about it if you have the right accessories.
    I agree about not handicapping the phone for battery. I buy a phone for ALL the features, bells and whistles. If I shut all that off for the battery I may as well not have a smart phone.
    cwbcpa and traynor1987 like this.
    08-20-2016 09:41 PM
    I get about 5 hrs of almost constant SOT. That is messing with settings, downloading, calls, texts, web browsing and a video or two. Just can't seem to put it down. 😆 By my estimation once the novelty wears off and I begin using it regularly I'll probably get 8-10 hrs out of a single charge. With fast charging this is perfect for me.

Derek Danforth likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:06 PM
    Played pokémon go today for about 8.5hrs from 1pm to 8:30pm. Started with 100% battery and about 6:30 the phone hit 15% at which point I plugged into the portable battery. So right at 5.5 hrs of SOC for me on my second full day of note 7 ownership. I'm impressed. My S6edge+ would have needed a charge by 3pm if I was still using it like I did today.
    08-20-2016 10:33 PM
    So it turns out that with battery saver set to mid you do lose Always On, but screen write sill works and that's more important to me than the time, notifications, etc. I'm happy to gain even a little more battery life and still be able to use the screen write feature. Loving this phone!

dsignori likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:46 PM
    I'm getting pretty good battery life, better than my s7 edge for some reason. Maybe because it's new. I think I've worked my s7 edge battery pretty hard though so it's probably loss some capacity. All I know is, I love the battery life I'm getting! The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160820-233831.pngThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160820-233837.png
    08-20-2016 11:46 PM
    Lots of power saver mode
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-111.jpg  
    08-21-2016 01:17 AM
    So far very good! 👌

Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1947.jpg  
    08-21-2016 01:45 AM

Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1948.jpg  
    08-21-2016 01:46 AM

Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1947.jpg  
    08-21-2016 01:46 AM
    Whoops double post

Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-1949.jpg  
    08-21-2016 01:48 AM
    Battery life has been great for me so far as well. That's why I never put too much stock in specs or reviews when it comes to battery.
    08-21-2016 02:43 AM
601 12345 ...