09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I'm pretty happy I must say, this is only day 1.5 with it too. Only thing I Ave to figure out is what that Android System is and what I can do to reduce that usage, usually screen is #1 for me, this is odd. Attachment 236549Attachment 236550
    Same here. Android System's usage is a tad high, but my Note lasts the day for me, so it's not like I care much about it.

Honestly I think my method of measuring battery life is more accurate. I just check what percent I lose in a typical hour of constant use. On my s 7 Edge, I lost sixteen percent per hour. On my note 7, I lose fifteen percent.

--RICH
    It's about 10% per hour for me. Not bad at all.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:03 AM
    Android System's usage is a tad high, but my Note lasts the day for me, so it's not like I care much about it.
    I noticed that as well. And Android OS seems to be high too. I'm hoping that after my phone settles in a little longer it goes down some. Seems way higher than on my Robin.
    08-22-2016 10:26 AM
    This was yesterday's battery life.
    90% to max brightness in the day. At night I lower it below 50% if I'm reading. Some clash, Reddit, Twitter and YouTube use. Messaging all day long. I also listened to music via Bluetooth for about 2 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-261.jpg  
    08-22-2016 10:37 AM
    I forgot to add this
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-260.jpg  
    08-22-2016 10:38 AM
    I noticed that as well. And Android OS seems to be high too. I'm hoping that after my phone settles in a little longer it goes down some. Seems way higher than on my Robin.
    I'll keep checking too.
    08-22-2016 11:08 AM
    Gsam is no good for me. The charging rates it shows are all wrong. Like fast charge 300mA? Wireless is a hoot at -210 mA. Both chargers work fine.
    08-22-2016 11:13 AM
    I didn't want to be the first with the question but it seems the battery is draining a bit faster than i was accustomed to with the G7E. Different phones i know but i was expecting to be about the same drain rate due to the slight bump in batt size in the N7. I'm down 20% in about 3 hours of regular use and by this i mean no updates, downloads of new apps, not even playing games.

Hoping its not a crappy battery life, this was something i was not expecting at all. I'm sure it'll get better with use.

I noticed my battery life was going down really fast, hell it was going down right in front of me with little usage but I forgot one big thing when I got my phone on Thursday...

I downloaded all my apps but I forgot to turn off all these crappy app permissions!!! I had 4 apps that were using a a HIGH amount of location services which was part of why my battery was getting hammered so bad. To find out what apps are using a lot of you battery go to Device Maintenance, Battery, Battery Usage also don't forget to turn off the app permissions you don't use. I had a news app for a local news station here in Las Vegas, NV that was one of the apps using a high amount of location services and I barely even used the app. It was just set that way by default after reading some reviews about the app. Go through EVERY SINGLE APP and turn off the permissions it doesn't need by going to Applications, click the app you want, scroll to the bottom and hit permissions, turn off the location option for a fact since that's the biggest battery drain

I also turned off Always On Display and disabled the Chrome app because they were killing the battery on my S7 Edge also (I have T-Mobile service if that matters) and my battery life has been great now! I leave on my Wi-Fi, bluetooth, all location services, screen brightness around 50% - 60%, use my S-Pen constantly and my battery life is still great now!
    08-22-2016 02:06 PM
    Hopefully someone on here may be able to help me out. My battery is dying insanely quick, looks like the system is eating straight through it. I went down from filly charged off the charger at 7:15 am to 11% by 1pm. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary other than Facebook messenger and browsing but can't seem to figure it out. Also, I have my phone set to mid level battery saver. Any ideas?
    08-22-2016 06:06 PM
    That's exactly MY problem too. Fully charged at 8am to 8% at 8pm.....and get this: it was in my briefcase the whole day and i didnt touch it.

Is it possible the wallet style case (mine is Incipio) might not allow the screen to stay off?

Insult to injury: i grabbed the wall charger and cable from the wireless fast charge...and of course that device is micro USB and not USB C....arrrgggghhhhhhh. cannot recharge now.
    08-22-2016 07:06 PM
    Hopefully someone on here may be able to help me out. My battery is dying insanely quick, looks like the system is eating straight through it. I went down from filly charged off the charger at 7:15 am to 11% by 1pm. I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary other than Facebook messenger and browsing but can't seem to figure it out. Also, I have my phone set to mid level battery saver. Any ideas?
    I had the same thing happen on my S7 and my Note 7. In both instances I restored either from a backup or the smart switch. With my Note 7 I would take it off the charger at 9 pm before going to work and would be at 30% by around 3 am. Not great. So despite the time it took to setup the phone I decided to do a hard reset, as I did with my S7. Now by 7 am, depending on use, I'm at 30-40%. That's with using an audio book player on for about 3-4 hours. Still tweaking it a bit. But it's gotten better.

I'm going to try package disabled and see where I get after that. Hopefully it should get better.

FYI.... I also use dark themes on the phone and any apps if available. I also keep the screen at about 50% brightness which is fine for me since the nits on this phone are crazy bright.
    08-22-2016 07:31 PM
    Was busy @work today so not much usage at all until just recently (last few hours).

I am completely amazed! My Note 5 would be almost half dead before I got out of work at 5pm (with no charging at lunch time).

I'm very curious to see if this trend holds for a while.

EMGSM likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:27 PM

Not the greatest sot, but I did stream bt music for 2.5 hours.
    08-22-2016 09:59 PM
    It seems that my S7E has much better stand by time than my N7. My S7E has been off the charger since Sunday and it has 53% left. Grant that I haven't used it much since I got my N7 Thursday. My N7 runs about 25% overnight unused. I hope they can fix this in a future update. The battery is one thing I'm going to miss from my S7E when I have to send it back.
    08-22-2016 10:05 PM
    Today, I have even better battery live than my 5 and a half hour screen on time. I am at 20% right now and closing in on 7 hours screen on time. I will post pics below. This is with 90% brightness and lots of Reddit, Twitter, clash of clans, clash royale and YouTube.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-283.jpg  
    08-22-2016 10:19 PM
    Screen on time.
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-284.jpg  
    08-22-2016 10:20 PM
    Seems like pretty good battery life to me.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-22-2016 11:04 PM
    Those of you unhappy with battery life on Note 7, especially stand by drain, did you do this?

Turning off "location history" and "improve accuracy" under location setting.

That's one thing that I do on every Samsung android and it seems really unnecessarily there to eat battery.
    08-22-2016 11:23 PM
    I pulled 6 hours screen on time yesterday without trying. I am at 5 hours today though, sitting at 9%. Not sure why I had more drain.
    08-22-2016 11:29 PM
    PS- I am very happy with the battery life! One quick top off on a busy day and I would be golden with plenty of juice to spare.
    08-22-2016 11:31 PM

So far so good.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-23-2016 01:08 AM
    PS- I am very happy with the battery life! One quick top off on a busy day and I would be golden with plenty of juice to spare.
    Anyone upgrading from S6 Edge or lower will be happy with battery life

I had the S7 Edge so not so happy with battery life
    08-23-2016 01:55 AM
    Anyone upgrading from S6 Edge or lower will be happy with battery life

I had the S7 Edge so not so happy with battery life
    Could you please give more details on the S7E Vs N7? Thanks!
    08-23-2016 03:09 AM
    This is mine..
    I think a lot better than my s7 before..

08-23-2016 04:31 AM
    This is mine.

08-23-2016 04:32 AM
    My battery life has been average, compared to everyone else's that I've read. My question is heat. Is it normal for Android or Samsung phones to run hot?
    I've noticed my 7 running hot as well on occasion. I don't stress it with games or watching videos. Strange.
    08-23-2016 05:37 AM
601 ... 56789 ...