09-13-2016 05:44 PM
601 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Today, I have even better battery live than my 5 and a half hour screen on time. I am at 20% right now and closing in on 7 hours screen on time. I will post pics below. This is with 90% brightness and lots of Reddit, Twitter, clash of clans, clash royale and YouTube.
    Do you have a lot of apps on your phone? Facebook or any other power sucking apps? Usually, people who aren't getting good battery life has a rogue app or 2 or a bad signal. Just curious.
    08-23-2016 06:51 AM
    Could you please give more details on the S7E Vs N7? Thanks!
    My battery life is ever so slightly better on the note 7 than on the S7 edge. Not a huge difference, but slightly better. I posted this yesterday, but in a typical hour when my phone is can continually on, my s7 edge lost sixteen percent per hour. My note7 loses fifteen percent per hour.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 06:55 AM
    Well I've never really understood how people get the battery life they do. However my company uses Google Apps for business and my Gmail is constantly sending me emails so I suppose that could have something to do with it.

Most of my time is spent using Gmail, text, Facebook, reading the WSJ or Feedly, forums like this one and some light browsing. I don't play games on my phone. Ever. Never.

Music rarely.

Very little video at all.

Probably average an hour of talk time in an average day.

And if I can get 10 hours with 3.5 SOT I'm lucky. Usually it's less than that.

Then I'm sitting here in the airport and understanding that I am on this thing now for the lady 90 minutes almost non stop. I pulled my phone off the charger 2.25 hours ago and down to 82% so it makes sense.

At least starting to for me.

My iPhone 6s+ wouldn't drain at all when the screen was off. But when I used it like I am now I felt like it drained faster. Difference I think is it has a bigger battery and lower resolution so I would go 10-12 hours without a charge on that doing what I am doing on this and I'd have 15-20% battery left over.

Yesterday I went from 9am to 940pm and it was down to 5% and that included a 2 hour plane flight in airplane mode.

Tough to analyze it all.
    08-23-2016 07:43 AM
    Do some of these percentages that Android System is using raise any alarms? They seem especially high, on mine, too. I remember a similar problem on the S7E and the fix was to disable the Knox setup wizard client, or something to that effect.
    08-23-2016 01:07 PM
    Do some of these percentages that Android System is using raise any alarms? They seem especially high, on mine, too. I remember a similar problem on the S7E and the fix was to disable the Knox setup wizard client, or something to that effect.
    A little. I've never had an Android phone that uses so much battery from Android System.
    08-23-2016 01:11 PM
    What kind of charging habits is everyone using on their Note 7? I am on call 24/7 so I like to have a decent batter amount most of the day...I usually charge in the mornings to 100% and around lunch, if I am below 50%, I'll charge again and won't charge again until morning.
    08-23-2016 01:26 PM
    I'm gonna lose my mind trying to fix the battery issue. Are there any important apps that I should not disable? I plan on disabling everything except the apps I downloaded.
    08-23-2016 01:34 PM
    Coming from the Note 4 with 3 to 4 spare batteries with, I was leary to have to depend on the single battery. However, in the 4 days I have my Note 7, it has performed great, battery seems stronger than the Note 4. I haven't been on any long travels and/or bicycle /motorcycle jaunts where the removable battery was worth its weight in gold.

So far, battery great.
    08-23-2016 02:04 PM
    Tomorrow, I will test my battery with the S7 Edge fix of disabling the Knox setup wizard client and seeing if the Android System percentage is lower.

Currently, I'm at 49% battery with about 2 and a half hours SOT. Screen usage is 23% and Android System is 21%. The battery is pretty good despite the high Android System usage.

Maybe there isn't even a problem..
    08-23-2016 02:13 PM
    A little. I've never had an Android phone that uses so much battery from Android System.
    As far as I can remember a lot of Samsung own services are all included in Android System, so if you have all of those mixed and added together it makes sense. It's not new and it's not exclusive to the Note 7 as my S7 edge both shows the same. Only thing I couldn't understand before was that the Exynos versions were not showing that, so we can assume that it was related to some Samsung Apps and services on the Snapdragon 820 not behaving as expected.

But I can assure you that in normal circumstances it shouldn't impact your battery life, my S7 edge, even with the above has given me the best battery life on any phone I've owned before.
    08-23-2016 02:40 PM
    The Note 7 Battery life Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1471981245395.jpg
    08-23-2016 02:40 PM
    those of you with good battery life, what the hell did you do? ugh
    08-23-2016 02:49 PM
    Yeah this phone battery isn't bad. But the s7 edge was definitely better
    08-23-2016 02:51 PM
    I had the same thing happen on my S7 and my Note 7. In both instances I restored either from a backup or the smart switch. With my Note 7 I would take it off the charger at 9 pm before going to work and would be at 30% by around 3 am. Not great. So despite the time it took to setup the phone I decided to do a hard reset, as I did with my S7. Now by 7 am, depending on use, I'm at 30-40%. That's with using an audio book player on for about 3-4 hours. Still tweaking it a bit. But it's gotten better.

I'm going to try package disabled and see where I get after that. Hopefully it should get better.

FYI.... I also use dark themes on the phone and any apps if available. I also keep the screen at about 50% brightness which is fine for me since the nits on this phone are crazy bright.
    I don't get batteries. Night one phone drained from 100 to 92 percent overnight. I find that satisfactory. Night 2 it drained to 75 percent. I changed nothing. I will never get this stuff.
    08-23-2016 02:57 PM
    Do you have a lot of apps on your phone? Facebook or any other power sucking apps? Usually, people who aren't getting good battery life has a rogue app or 2 or a bad signal. Just curious.
    I don't have Facebook so I am sure that has helped significantly. I do have other apps like Reddit, Twitter and Snapchat. I have also used an application called, EZ Disabler pro which allows me to disable system apps from running.
    08-23-2016 03:00 PM
    Which one of these apps can I disable? I have no idea what some of these are.

com.ampsvc.android
    galaxy apps
    gear vr service (don't plan on getting gear vr)
    google app
    google play services
    google text-to-speech engine
    help
    knox
    my files
    pen.up
    RcPcomponents
    Remote
    S Health
    S Voice
    Samsung Gear
    Samsung Notes
    Samsung Pay
    Samsung Pay Framework
    Samsung Print Service Plugin
    Samsung Themes
    Setup & Transfer
    SIM toolkit
    Smart Limits
    Smart Switch
    Usage Manager
    Visual Voicemail (Does removing this mean I won't get voice messages?)
    Writ on PDF
    YP
    08-23-2016 06:19 PM
    Sorry for the late addition to my previous post regarding my battery's soul being sucked out of it. Here are some screenshots of battery usage and whatnot. These are from yesterday but today it is still the same - there's NO way the system should be eating 55%, correct? Any ideas on what to fix?

I've checked my location using apps, turned off all unnecessary settings and again am using mid-level battery saver.
    The Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160822-165037.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160822-165041.jpgThe Note 7 Battery life Thread-screenshot_20160822-190129.jpg
    08-23-2016 06:39 PM
    those of you with good battery life, what the hell did you do? ugh
    I did a complete reset.. Didnt let it restore
    And added every thing back manually.

I'm cool with this

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-165.jpg  
    08-23-2016 07:00 PM
    4 hrs left at 38% so should get more than 5 hrs of screen time

Attached Thumbnails The Note 7 Battery life Thread-164.jpg  
    08-23-2016 07:01 PM

My battery life is crap. Drove most of today and the battery will just drain. My iPhone would have been at 80 percent battery
    08-23-2016 07:02 PM
    Are u ^ being sarcastic? 12hrs left?

08-23-2016 07:26 PM
    Does anyone really think that resetting the phone completely is going to answer anything? I'm being serious.

Also I tried to hold power button and volume down to bring up the system cache to wipe it but that option isn't even there any longer.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:52 PM
    4.5 hours screen time and 13% charge remaining. I have nothing disabled. Very pleased with the performance as is because I can top off the battery whenever I need to during my work day. Battery life was my #1 concern switching to Android but I'm glad to see it's nothing to be concerned about.
    08-23-2016 07:54 PM
    Does anyone really think that resetting the phone completely is going to answer anything? I'm being serious.

Also I tried to hold power button and volume down to bring up the system cache to wipe it but that option isn't even there any longer.
    Yes, when it's because of software like most of battery life issues are, a software reset will certainly fix it, but if it's an app and/or a combination of an app and some settings and you do the same than the first time after the reset, it will most likely comeback.

Wipe cache Partition is done via the Recovery Menu and it's not power and volume down, is Volume up-Home-Power button.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-23-2016 08:05 PM
    Are u ^ being sarcastic? 12hrs left?

That drain is a lot to me considering the fact that I didn't even use my phone during most of that time.
    08-23-2016 08:55 PM
601 ... 678910 ...