Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: average battery life?

e5c670027802df0a543132f9043666c0.jpg

Doze for the win

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the magnetic engine behind the screen for pen function adds to battery drain? I would think that is off when pen is stored though.

Battery life was one of my concerns. Just starting with S7E specs, then slightly smaller battery and slightly larger screen - you wouldn't think adds up to that much of a difference. Then whatever impact pen features hardware might add.

Won't have mine until Tuesday.
Starting to look like a "Samsung Wireless Charging Battery Pack" may be in my future.
Spoiled by my BB Z30, which just seems to last forever.

For the Note 7, was hoping for at least 5hr SOT. Will see if I can achieve that with careful brightness and other settings.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Arrg. The battery life

I know is just day one or two for most owners now but can't get past just 4 hours of sot.
Nothing syncing in the background. No email accounts. No apps downloaded, full signal coverage and brightest at 85%
Was really hoping for nore than 5 hours.
What's everyone sot so far?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Arrg. The battery life

You have your brightness up at eighty five percent that's probably the main culprit

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Mine was at 83% before my bike ride at I think 8:30 a.m. it's now 1143 and I have 20% in the bike ride consisted of a lot of things sinking and Bluetooth usage TC

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I know is just day one or two for most owners now but can't get past just 4 hours of sot.
Nothing syncing in the background. No email accounts. No apps downloaded, full signal coverage and brightest at 85%
I'm at 3 hours of SOT and I'm at 46%. I've been messaging, taken a few calls, posting on here, read a couple news articles, downloaded some of my music to my sd card and watched a couple videos on YouTube.

So that puts me a little over 5.5 hours on a full charge. Remember not all screen on time is equal. It depends on what you are doing. I got about this amount from my S7 Edge as well. It is more than enough for me. There are so many ways to charge a phone today and it's fast charging so I dont really worry at all even if I got 4 hours of sot.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

At this point I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything better. As annoying as it sounds you just need to invest in an external charger. I've been using Android phones for years and the software has gotten better and better. The only thing that has remained the same is the crappy battery life. But you have quick charge and wireless charging to make up for it.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm at 3 hours of SOT and I'm at 46%. I've been messaging, taken a few calls, posting on here, read a couple news articles, downloaded some of my music to my sd card and watched a couple videos on YouTube.

So that puts me a little over 5.5 hours on a full charge. Remember not all screen on time is equal. It depends on what you are doing. I got about this amount from my S7 Edge as well. It is more than enough for me. There are so many ways to charge a phone today and it's fast charging so I dont really worry at all even if I got 4 hours of sot.
Thanks, I've just used it for web searching. Few text messages and no video at all.
I hope it gets better in a couple of days

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I've just used it for web searching. Few text messages and no video at all.
I hope it gets better in a couple of days

I hope you get what you are looking for from the phone. FYI, I don't believe in handicapping my phone for the sake of battery life unless it was absolutely necessary. I use it how I like it as far as brightness and background settings. I have chargers at home, work and the car. All fast chargers. Then I also keep a fully charged battery pack in the car in case we are somewhere that I need to charge away from an outlet. I very rarely need that. There are just too many ways to keep the phone charged to worry that much about it. Obviously we all want longer battery life, but I don't think anyone needs to worry that much about it if you have the right accessories.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I don't go about doing all these settings dumbing the phone. I'm using the phone with plenty of apps installed (around 100 or so), multiple social accounts and email accounts setup and syncing regularly, some push. Auto brightness etc and haven't had any issues making the day with medium to heavy use. Again everyone's usage is different, lots of other factors like network conditions, some rogue app etc can cause issues.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I don't ever get more than 3 hours SOT, not on the S7, S7 edge, and I don't expect to get it on the Note7. But SOT is a small fraction when considering the overall battery life of a phone. People put way too much emphasis on that.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I hope you get what you are looking for from the phone. FYI, I don't believe in handicapping my phone for the sake of battery life unless it was absolutely necessary. I use it how I like it as far as brightness and background settings. I have chargers at home, work and the car. All fast chargers. Then I also keep a fully charged battery pack in the car in case we are somewhere that I need to charge away from an outlet. I very rarely need that. There are just too many ways to keep the phone charged to worry that much about it. Obviously we all want longer battery life, but I don't think anyone needs to worry that much about it if you have the right accessories.
I know. I also dont believe in handicapping my phone with brightness lower than 85% or not downloading apps, etc. I have tried bone stock to see if I could get better life but it looks like thats it.
Im going to reset it and download all my stuff and use it like I do all my phones.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I'll be getting 4-5 hours of sot per day I'm guessing based on what I've seen. It's fine. Not great.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I know. I also dont believe in handicapping my phone with brightness lower than 85% or not downloading apps, etc. I have tried bone stock to see if I could get better life but it looks like thats it.
Im going to reset it and download all my stuff and use it like I do all my phones.
Sounds like a plan. That was going to be my next suggestion I've had to do that before as well.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, my battery life is about what it's always been for Samsung Android phones. Yesterday I had a little over 3 hours sot, with 37% battery left. This is with heavy usage, more than usual for me. I always keep my brightness pretty high ( about 80-85%) and never turn anything off. It's good enough for me.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I wouldnt even worry about battery life for the first 3 days after setting up the phone.

After the phone "settles" in the battery life is supposed to get a little better. The initial setup of a new phone hits the battery pretty hard.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Even with fiddling with mine a lot, installing apps, doing initial syncs, etc, I'm still getting noticeably better battery life than my MXPE got, so I'm quite happy so far. It should just continue to get better, too.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

This was my first full charge after getting everything setup.

1 gmail account
2 hotmail accounts using Outlook app
Auto brightness
WiFi always on even when it's not connected
Bluetooth on connected to MS Band 2

Not to bad at all.

1471712298937.jpg1471712306712.jpg