The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Was busy @work today so not much usage at all until just recently (last few hours).

I am completely amazed! My Note 5 would be almost half dead before I got out of work at 5pm (with no charging at lunch time).

I'm very curious to see if this trend holds for a while.

84de66f9437333b9b7452963f9e6db6a.jpg

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It seems that my S7E has much better stand by time than my N7. My S7E has been off the charger since Sunday and it has 53% left. Grant that I haven't used it much since I got my N7 Thursday. My N7 runs about 25% overnight unused. I hope they can fix this in a future update. The battery is one thing I'm going to miss from my S7E when I have to send it back.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Today, I have even better battery live than my 5 and a half hour screen on time. I am at 20% right now and closing in on 7 hours screen on time. I will post pics below. This is with 90% brightness and lots of Reddit, Twitter, clash of clans, clash royale and YouTube.

Attachments

• 283.jpg
    283.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 120

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Those of you unhappy with battery life on Note 7, especially stand by drain, did you do this?

Turning off "location history" and "improve accuracy" under location setting.

That's one thing that I do on every Samsung android and it seems really unnecessarily there to eat battery.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I pulled 6 hours screen on time yesterday without trying. I am at 5 hours today though, sitting at 9%. Not sure why I had more drain.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
PS- I am very happy with the battery life! One quick top off on a busy day and I would be golden with plenty of juice to spare.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
PS- I am very happy with the battery life! One quick top off on a busy day and I would be golden with plenty of juice to spare.

Anyone upgrading from S6 Edge or lower will be happy with battery life

I had the S7 Edge so not so happy with battery life :(

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been average, compared to everyone else's that I've read. My question is heat. Is it normal for Android or Samsung phones to run hot?
I've noticed my 7 running hot as well on occasion. I don't stress it with games or watching videos. Strange.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Today, I have even better battery live than my 5 and a half hour screen on time. I am at 20% right now and closing in on 7 hours screen on time. I will post pics below. This is with 90% brightness and lots of Reddit, Twitter, clash of clans, clash royale and YouTube.
Do you have a lot of apps on your phone? Facebook or any other power sucking apps? Usually, people who aren't getting good battery life has a rogue app or 2 or a bad signal. Just curious.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Could you please give more details on the S7E Vs N7? Thanks!

My battery life is ever so slightly better on the note 7 than on the S7 edge. Not a huge difference, but slightly better. I posted this yesterday, but in a typical hour when my phone is can continually on, my s7 edge lost sixteen percent per hour. My note7 loses fifteen percent per hour.

--RICH

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I've never really understood how people get the battery life they do. However my company uses Google Apps for business and my Gmail is constantly sending me emails so I suppose that could have something to do with it.

Most of my time is spent using Gmail, text, Facebook, reading the WSJ or Feedly, forums like this one and some light browsing. I don't play games on my phone. Ever. Never.

Music rarely.

Very little video at all.

Probably average an hour of talk time in an average day.

And if I can get 10 hours with 3.5 SOT I'm lucky. Usually it's less than that.

Then I'm sitting here in the airport and understanding that I am on this thing now for the lady 90 minutes almost non stop. I pulled my phone off the charger 2.25 hours ago and down to 82% so it makes sense.

At least starting to for me.

My iPhone 6s+ wouldn't drain at all when the screen was off. But when I used it like I am now I felt like it drained faster. Difference I think is it has a bigger battery and lower resolution so I would go 10-12 hours without a charge on that doing what I am doing on this and I'd have 15-20% battery left over.

Yesterday I went from 9am to 940pm and it was down to 5% and that included a 2 hour plane flight in airplane mode.

Tough to analyze it all.

Nilo7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Do some of these percentages that Android System is using raise any alarms? They seem especially high, on mine, too. I remember a similar problem on the S7E and the fix was to disable the Knox setup wizard client, or something to that effect.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Do some of these percentages that Android System is using raise any alarms? They seem especially high, on mine, too. I remember a similar problem on the S7E and the fix was to disable the Knox setup wizard client, or something to that effect.

A little. I've never had an Android phone that uses so much battery from Android System.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae