The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes, when it's because of software like most of battery life issues are, a software reset will certainly fix it, but if it's an app and/or a combination of an app and some settings and you do the same than the first time after the reset, it will most likely comeback.

Wipe cache Partition is done via the Recovery Menu and it's not power and volume down, is Volume up-Home-Power button.

so are you saying that this is a guessing game? i have to guess which combination of disabling apps and turning on/off random settings gives me the best battery? lol as someone who used iPhone for 8 years, i'm loving every bit of this phone except the battery problem. i think it's ridiculous.

i will try your cache method as last option, if not, i will be requesting a new phone from att.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Surprisingly my battery today hit over 5 hours SOT while at work. I have been playing games such as madden NFL, CSR2 racing, and CoC. Also used GPS whole day today (my job needs gps) and browsed a little. Overall this is the longest it has lasted me in these past days. I think it's all based on area signal.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 434.jpg
    434.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 130

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That Screen Mileage SOT app even keeps track of your SOT in you dropdown shade! Look at this!

Attachments

• 368.jpg
    368.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 120

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
so are you saying that this is a guessing game? i have to guess which combination of disabling apps and turning on/off random settings gives me the best battery? lol as someone who used iPhone for 8 years, i'm loving every bit of this phone except the battery problem. i think it's ridiculous.

i will try your cache method as last option, if not, i will be requesting a new phone from att.

It's a guessing game for you maybe that have problems, but not for everybody and certainly not for me that even with a new Axon 7 I'm having great battery life, the same I've been having for the past 3 or 4 phones in a row and for the past couple of years with Samsung phones. My Axon, today, in a normal working day with tons of emails, sms, a couple of videos, 45 minutes of calls and some browsing here and in other forums, I've had 4 hours of SOT with 47% battery left, almost 8 hours of SOT on average just a little more than what I'm getting with my S7 edge, about an hour more than what I had with the Note 5 and I'm sure I can get roughly about 7- 7.5 with a Note 7 should I decide to get it.

The key is to know that Android is different than iOS, if you have the mentality of not wanting to remove bloat, disable unused services and apps and having the brightness at full throttle all the time then sorry, you'll be running back to iOS soon.

You should compare apples to apples, not a 1080p or 720p smaller screens on iPhones, not running the tons of services that Android runs in the background by default with the feature rich and QuadHD 5.7" screen with up to 1040 nits of brightness on the Note 7, you want better battery life, you must avoid rogue apps, remove bloatware, disable running unused services and adjust your brightness and you'll see the difference while you enjoy the best Samsung phone ever and one of the best if not the best all around smartphone you can buy today.

traynor1987

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
57f86873ae70e68da7ed2ee753676bfb.jpg

Based on reading these posts I'm looking forward to using the note 7 as it seems it will last as long or longer than my iPhone, 3% dropped on my iPhone just by tying this message

Get my note Tuesday :)

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
The snapdragon is noticeably worse than the exynos variant for battery life. Which may be the cause of discrepancies.

Yup. I am not impressed by SD820 at all. I considered getting an international version just to get exynos, but the no warranty thing scared me.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I charged it to 100% before going to sleep and I just woke up to 82% battery :hsugh:

Down to 80% with 35 min screen time. Doing nothing but browsing the internet.

35mins x 5 = less than 3hrs

WTF

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this battery life is the only thing that killing me right now. Idk if it's the phase of me still messing with it or what but I took the phone off the charger and didn't mess with it one bit on my commute to with this morning and it dropped a percentage, just for nothing. So we will see.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this battery life is the only thing that killing me right now. Idk if it's the phase of me still messing with it or what but I took the phone off the charger and didn't mess with it one bit on my commute to with this morning and it dropped a percentage, just for nothing. So we will see.

One point drop after a commute is not bad. Even more if in weak signal area LTE and data being used in background. Plus the sensors if on, blue tooth, etc. Were you being sarcastic? :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a guessing game for you maybe that have problems, but not for everybody and certainly not for me that even with a new Axon 7 I'm having great battery life, the same I've been having for the past 3 or 4 phones in a row and for the past couple of years with Samsung phones. My Axon, today, in a normal working day with tons of emails, sms, a couple of videos, 45 minutes of calls and some browsing here and in other forums, I've had 4 hours of SOT with 47% battery left, almost 8 hours of SOT on average just a little more than what I'm getting with my S7 edge, about an hour more than what I had with the Note 5 and I'm sure I can get roughly about 7- 7.5 with a Note 7 should I decide to get it.

The key is to know that Android is different than iOS, if you have the mentality of not wanting to remove bloat, disable unused services and apps and having the brightness at full throttle all the time then sorry, you'll be running back to iOS soon.

You should compare apples to apples, not a 1080p or 720p smaller screens on iPhones, not running the tons of services that Android runs in the background by default with the feature rich and QuadHD 5.7" screen with up to 1040 nits of brightness on the Note 7, you want better battery life, you must avoid rogue apps, remove bloatware, disable running unused services and adjust your brightness and you'll see the difference while you enjoy the best Samsung phone ever and one of the best if not the best all around smartphone you can buy today.

Battery life goes up at least an hour for me just adjusting the display to 1080p and the display STILL looks better than the iPhone 6+. Just like on the 6+ you lose clarity on tiny text, but easy to change back to 1440p. Also, if you limit data function as well, you basically have an iPhone level device in regards to background tasks.

In medium settings, disable the display and cpu power savings- then you essentially have an iPhone, Sammy style. FWIW. Battery life is then equal to or better than the iPhone 6+.

Last edited:

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
One point drop after a commute is not bad. Even more if in weak signal area LTE and data being used in background. Plus the sensors if on, blue tooth, etc. Were you being sarcastic? :)
Haha nah I wasn't being sarcastic as all but I feel it shouldn't drop a percentage that fast if I'm not doing anything. I have been on it I guess with heavy usage and it's already down to 90℅. I guess time will tell because right now I'm not too sure.

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery life goes up at least an hour for me just adjusting the display to 1080p and the display STILL looks better than the iPhone 6+. Like on the 6+, you lose clarity on tiny text, but easy to change back to 1440p.
I refuse to scale a phone down to have great battery life. Defeats the whole purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol