The Note 7 Battery life Thread

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to scale a phone down to have great battery life. Defeats the whole purpose.

I don't think he was suggesting you to do that, I think he was just telling you that if you want to compare apples to apples then you can scale down the Note 7 to 1080p and together with the other adjustments you can basically compare apples to apples when comparing a Note 7 and iPhone 6s+.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think he was suggesting you to do that, I think he was just telling you that if you want to compare apples to apples then you can scale down the Note 7 to 1080p and together with the other adjustments you can basically compare apples to apples when comparing a Note 7 and iPhone 6s+.

That is the point, but I will use the medium setting if out for long time and know will not be able to charge. Medium setting is HUGE for battery life savings and minimal performance impact. The cool thing is you can tweak it to what you want. I do notice the savings estimate grossly understates the actual savings- if using GPU heavy apps the actual savings is better than the estimate.

anon(67796)

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
O yeah I know but I have had someone tell me to do that before and I was like yeah right lol.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

traynor1987

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Based on your picture, it looks like you have bad signal. This kills battery a lot. So it won't matter if you switch phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

b5ab326f525366c80bbf4334b4a7eb7d.jpg

Yea I was in work and it's a bit rubbish but that's still not bad in my opinion. that's what it's on now (screenshot), took off charge at 5am and now 3:17pm here. Yes it needs charge just like everyone in this thread moaning about SOT I still used it for 5 and 45 mins which is your SOT on android, so the iPhone is no better than the note so I have no idea why people are complaining, I'll throw it on the charger now (with no fast charge) and I'll be sorted for later if I I go out :)

If the note gets 5 hours of use and 12 hours of standby I'll be happy and with quick charge who's to moan :)

Thelt2000x

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Really sucks everyone is have so many issues with their battery. Thats how I felt when I got my note 5. Just could keep a charge. However with this phone, to me, it's really good. Here are my stats from the other day.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank goodness for the wireless charger. Mine seemed to be dropping a percent every minute or two of use so I've been saved by plopping this phone on the charging pad at work.

Luckily I think I've fixed the battery drain issues on mine. Noticed a setting on the yappy app that was using up more battery and I turned it off. Now ive only dropped 5% in 45 minutes of continuous use.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving this battery life. I leave for work at 630 am and usually get home around 5. I've had more than 60% when leaving work so far. I was usually leaving with 30% on my S7e. I do have the display scaled to 1080p though. Mostly all I do is browse forums and send messages while at work so there's not much benefit to running at full resolution.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Material black is one of the best ones I've found. Had it on my GS7E also, it was free on the GS7E though. I paid $1 for it on the N7. Well worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yep, I just got it :) Never really like the white backgrounds on settings and phone pad. White backgrounds are AMOLED's Kryptonite. Also too garish being all white background.

BTW, weak LTE signal is a worse battery drain than the display set at 100%. Would be nice if there was an option to turn LTE off dynamically, if signal is a certain low threshold. That would be huge for battery life. You do not have to use an Android device in a weak signal area for it to drain.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I shut off screen always on function although it is pretty neat. How much battery life does that save? It isn't listed separately so I don't know how to tell?

Gsam is no good for this phone. Like when it is fast charging it lists amp numbers that make no sense. I may be charging up fast yet say 280 mA or even negative numbers! Can anyone suggest a better app?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I shut off screen always on function although it is pretty neat. How much battery life does that save? It isn't listed separately so I don't know how to tell?

Gsam is no good for this phone. Like when it is fast charging it lists amp numbers that make no sense. I may be charging up fast yet say 280 mA or even negative numbers! Can anyone suggest a better app?

To check the amps when charging this is one of the best -- https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&token=AbcpZ4qh.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I read thr following in Ampere and this might explain the problem. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

17. Why does Ampere show weird values on my Samsung device?
Unfortunately, some Samsung devices don't give correct (measured) values. Just the maximum possible charging current with the actual USB cable/charger configuration. This is a firmware problem and Ampere can't correct this.

In ampere on Samsung stock fast charger cable on AC phone at 93% my max charge rate reads 880 mA. In Note 3 it reads 1200 mA on standard stock charger on AC. Is my Note 3 actually charging faster than my Note 7?

Last edited:

ramurphyjr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got my Note 7 on Opening Day. Battery life was 6 hours with 4 hrs SOT. Since then, I have turned off screen enhancer, and uninstalled K9 mail, and have auto brightness on screen. The last 3 days have been 10 hours until recharge, and 6 hrs SOT. Very happy with this phone!

8/25 Almost 16 hours off charger with over 5 hours SOT.

Last edited:

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea that you can reduce screen res on the N7 to save battery, but I hope this doesn't become another excuse for phone makers to reduce battery size and life.

I'm sick of being told by manfucatures to not use certain features of a phone if I want decent battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781