The Note 7 Battery life Thread

PorzinGOD

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm becoming frustrated with my battery issues.

Yesterday I noticed that my n7 has been charging at a snail's pace, from 10% to 11% after an hour of being plugged into my car charger. At first, I figured my car charger may be crapping out, but I connected the phone to the Samsung OEM fast charger last night before bed and I woke up with only a 39% charge.
The phone is just over a week old. Should I reset or exchange ?

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that Exynos is better (power efficient) when it comes to battery life & day-to-day performance. Gaming experience would be slightly better on Snapdragon (since it is paired with Adreno GPU).
But people using Note 7 with Snapdragon are also getting around average of 5 hours of SOT easily. Is the signal strength strong in your area ? Maybe compare it with a friend in another area (check dBm value of signal strength in Settings->About phone). Other factors like screen brightness, no. of sync actions (for e.g., Facebook sends a lot of notifications all the time during the day, if you have kept the settings on), GPS signal, etc.
Change Location mode to Power Saving & switch on GPS only when required / requested by an app.

P.S.: 1) Mere numbers about the estimate / battery usage of device don't mean much all the time; what matters is
the real-world usage.
2) Calibrate the battery of your phone by one charge-discharge cycle (Google it for more info) & give few days
for battery life to settle down (consistent).

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't get this. My Android system is high. Using 25-30% overall. Now maybe not a big deal.

However I did disable Knox and Knox update agent with Package Disabler Pro. But these two still show up at bottom of Android System when I select it.

What gives ?

4a6fb2cbd215ef7b0d4e34b5c486d7a8.jpg

02c8e10cd153ea4633c79f8a44bc8a22.jpg

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
This the best i have got from my s7 edge ds it with normal use..no battery saver, Screenshot_20160826-185725.jpgView attachment 237632

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I think that Exynos is better (power efficient) when it comes to battery life & day-to-day performance. Gaming experience would be slightly better on Snapdragon (since it is paired with Adreno GPU).
But people using Note 7 with Snapdragon are also getting around average of 5 hours of SOT easily. Is the signal strength strong in your area ? Maybe compare it with a friend in another area (check dBm value of signal strength in Settings->About phone). Other factors like screen brightness, no. of sync actions (for e.g., Facebook sends a lot of notifications all the time during the day, if you have kept the settings on), GPS signal, etc.
Change Location mode to Power Saving & switch on GPS only when required / requested by an app.

P.S.: 1) Mere numbers about the estimate / battery usage of device don't mean much all the time; what matters is
the real-world usage.
2) Calibrate the battery of your phone by one charge-discharge cycle (Google it for more info) & give few days
for battery life to settle down (consistent).
See the one area that bothers me the most is Facebook. Within the app I have notifications set to OFF. Then on the Note 7 I have it set to off for Facebook and it doesn't sync either.

Yet every single few minutes I get those notification icons next to the App icon vs in the notification area up top. So if I don't have it set to notify me or sync or anything WHY DOES THE ICON APPEAR?!?!

Then when I look in battery it says it's draining .05-.09%. Why would it use ANY battery if I'm not allowing it to do that?

On my iPhone that was never the case. I don't understand it.

Yeah i tried everything. Cleared the cache and rebooted. Etc. Doesn't make sense.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty good actually seems you were having a good 7 hours of almost constant activity.. bet you couldn't put her down lol

Buuut I think this may be the best sot and on bat stats ever for any smartphone with a snapdragon chip, def for me they are..people these are not doctored!

View attachment 237623
View attachment 237624
I get better on my S7 Active but here's a screen shot of my Note 7.
17f3043aefed7682eb221e4ffe38d2a1.jpg

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
See the one area that bothers me the most is Facebook. Within the app I have notifications set to OFF. Then on the Note 7 I have it set to off for Facebook and it doesn't sync either.

Yet every single few minutes I get those notification icons next to the App icon vs in the notification area up top. So if I don't have it set to notify me or sync or anything WHY DOES THE ICON APPEAR?!?!

Then when I look in battery it says it's draining .05-.09%. Why would it use ANY battery if I'm not allowing it to do that?

Yeah i tried everything. Cleared the cache and rebooted. Etc. Doesn't make sense.
Get rid of the Facebook app and just use the web mobile page.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
9997d8f2de8ad870f9ee9f5930f858eb.jpg
09e530831ba97afc302a15c3ace9107c.jpg
f33cf602141bb4b7ae76072832a4224d.jpg
3e0cf7654c3f62fc391bda4539f191f3.jpg
3d5edc670514326eeb508c26b386e2d7.jpg
149f007230796c63d46f173bfce63c44.jpg

This is my first day on my note 7. I've noticed that with my s7 edge, the battery took a couple of weeks to settle in a reach its maximum capacity. I expect the same here and every day to get better. FYI the sot is not really reflective of my usage here. What it doesn't say is that I also had a VPN on for a long part of the day. I used the Google maps navigation for a 1h10 journey (screen off, just the navigation in my headphones), and I also listened to an audio book for more than two hours.
So yeah, it may be a little less than on my s7 edge, but it's still good enough and much better compared to what my iPhone used to be.
Also, if you considered fast charging no one really needs more. When I got home to shower around diner time I charged the phone, and by the time I finished getting dressed by battery was back at 51% which was more than enough to finish the day, especially if you consider that at night the luminosity was lower.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Nope special. Following an advice from this thread though, I just turned of the searching device nearby feature and deactivated the knox package. Let's see if this improves my battery life ...

But overall, I think we all need to stop having such a paranoia about our batteries. They got much better than what they used to be and there is no need to be scared anymore. If you drive a lot and use the gps all day long buy a car plug. And remember that with fast charging there are little situations where you will really be left with no batt.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Nope special. Following an advice from this thread though, I just turned of the searching device nearby feature and deactivated the knox package. Let's see if this improves my battery life ...

But overall, I think we all need to stop having such a paranoia about our batteries. They got much better than what they used to be and there is no need to be scared anymore. If you drive a lot and use the gps all day long buy a car plug. And remember that with fast charging there are little situations where you will really be left with no batt.

That's kind of my deal as well. I read and keep up with battery threads for helpful solutions to extend battery life. But I'm not expecting 12 hr sot or anything. I have a 10,000 QC battery pack for days I know I'll have extra heavy usage. I also have a smaller more pocketable battery pack for days that I might need it, but might not. I've yet to need to use either so far for my Note 7.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm not sure, but this amount is so low that it really doesn't matter. At .05% per hour, it would take 20 hours for FB to lower your battery by just 1%. I really don't think it's worrying about, but that is just me :)

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
That's kind of my deal as well. I read and keep up with battery threads for helpful solutions to extend battery life. But I'm not expecting 12 hr sot or anything. I have a 10,000 QC battery pack for days I know I'll have extra heavy usage. I also have a smaller more pocketable battery pack for days that I might need it, but might not. I've yet to need to use either so far for my Note 7.
To be honest I used to have battery back around with me but I never ensed up using them. Neither on my s7e nor on my N7. The quick charge is fast that you plug it 15 minutes and you're ready to bounce again. 30 mins before diner time will set you for a long evening without any issues.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the results I'm showing you here, but i forgot to mention that my note 7 is the dual sim version. This means I'm using two sim cards looking for signal on different carrier at the same time and at all time. I don't know if it matters either. But one of those two sim card is always roaming.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I used to have battery back around with me but I never ensed up using them. Neither on my s7e nor on my N7. The quick charge is fast that you plug it 15 minutes and you're ready to bounce again. 30 mins before diner time will set you for a long evening without any issues.

I don't know if this will have an impact on the results I'm showing you here, but i forgot to mention that my note 7 is the dual sim version. This means I'm using two sim cards looking for signal on different carrier at the same time and at all time. I don't know if it matters either. But one of those two sim card is always roaming.

I don't carry mine with me on a regular basis. If I'm going somewhere that I'll be taking lots of pics or video or going straight out for the night from work I'll take one. I also bring them with me when I travel because I never know how long I'll be away from the hotel. My smaller pack is just more pocketable than a wall plug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1