The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
d612cd9759e8a96a26781dc21d6b66df.jpg

This is what my day is looking like so far. From 8 am to 8pm with heavy usuage, no problem. I mean its not like I'm going camping everyday, there aren't any days in my life where I spend more than 12 hours without having access to my charger for at least 30 minutes, weather it's at home, Starbucks, work, in my car, etc... And if one day I rally had an emergency I could switch on the low power saving mode and grab hours more of battery life.

Honesty the n7 battery + fast charging is more than enough to get through my days easily. And I know my battery will keep getting better and better as my phone gets to know me a little more.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm becoming frustrated with my battery issues.

Yesterday I noticed that my n7 has been charging at a snail's pace, from 10% to 11% after an hour of being plugged into my car charger. At first, I figured my car charger may be crapping out, but I connected the phone to the Samsung OEM fast charger last night before bed and I woke up with only a 39% charge.
The phone is just over a week old. Should I reset or exchange ?
A week old, I would exchange. Do double check in your battery app and make sure fast charging didn't accidentally get turned off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't get this. My Android system is high. Using 25-30% overall. Now maybe not a big deal.

However I did disable Knox and Knox update agent with Package Disabler Pro. But these two still show up at bottom of Android System when I select it.

What gives ?
I think there are portions of Knox that can't be disabled, but I'm not 100% on that.

Also the Android system is running high on the S7 and Note 7, it doesn't seem to be affecting battery though, so not much of a concern. When my Note 8 comes in that is one thing on my list to talk to Samsung about and see if I can get an answer.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't carry mine with me on a regular basis. If I'm going somewhere that I'll be taking lots of pics or video or going straight out for the night from work I'll take one. I also bring them with me when I travel because I never know how long I'll be away from the hotel. My smaller pack is just more pocketable than a wall plug.
Which brand is your 10kmah fast charging pack? I'm looking for a good one too for traveling...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Which brand is your 10kmah fast charging pack? I'm looking for a good one too for traveling...

This is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.com/10400mAh-Por...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5376765

I haven't had to use it with my Note yet, but used it without problems with other Android phones that have QC. I need to get a short USB-C cable for it so I don't have to carry around a long one. I might just try using the supplied micro usb that came in the box and attaching the adapter Samsung included in my Note box to see how well it works on my off day tomorrow.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
How is this possible!!! What is your secret ? Tell us the truth. This is impossible, unless you're using the ultra power saving mode all the time, and you only use use your phone for calls. Please explain to us how you're pulling this off......

Last edited:

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just got back from the gym with 6% battery. Pretty good day! Sure I only got 3h30 sot and it's not great but keep in mind I was on 4g all day with all my location services on. I also had some heavy on screen usage like watching TV and some heavy usage with my screen off such as VPN, hours on the phone, listening to music, using Google maps voice directions, and a 30 minutes workout tracking my run.... Now it's time to shower before diner. Will plug it to my fast charger plug and km sure I'll be back to 50% very quickly....

1472513444185.jpg1472513451795.jpg

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just got back from the gym with 6% battery. Pretty good day! Sure I only got 3h30 sot and it's not great but keep in mind I was on 4g all day with all my location services on. I also had some heavy on screen usage like watching TV and some heavy usage with my screen off such as VPN, hours on the phone, listening to music, using Google maps voice directions, and a 30 minutes workout tracking my run.... Now it's time to shower before diner. Will plug it to my fast charger plug and km sure I'll be back to 50% very quickly....

View attachment 237718View attachment 237719
From 5% to 37% in 21 minutes. Ready to go again.... 1472514972970.jpg

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I'm not sure how youre getting such good results. I'm averaging 3.5-4 so far. You must be a light user....?
Yesterday I got 6.5 hours SOT, today I got 4. Why? Because I was in a different town all day that struggled to get good signal. That was literally the only difference.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I am convinced the battery in the Note 7 needs a bit of conditioning. After a week of using it pretty much the same amount each day, my battery life seems to keep improving from day to day. I really had no complaints with the battery life to begin with. An example would be today. Pretty average use for me today and I am at 34% battery remaining (estimated 6 hours left) and it has been off the charger for over 14 hours. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't use the fast charge setting. Seeing as I just plug it in when I go to bed I don't really need it to be on.

pavvento

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I posted in another thread but this seems more appropriate. I'm new to Android and after light use for 10 hours I was at 15%. I'm not sure if these percentages are normal. I've only had the phone for 5 days and understand it takes some time to settle in, just looking for some context with these percentages. Thanks!
97f1ad56e9ab911fc51af576eb89f60c.jpg

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I am convinced the battery in the Note 7 needs a bit of conditioning. After a week of using it pretty much the same amount each day, my battery life seems to keep improving from day to day. I really had no complaints with the battery life to begin with. An example would be today. Pretty average use for me today and I am at 34% battery remaining (estimated 6 hours left) and it has been off the charger for over 14 hours. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't use the fast charge setting. Seeing as I just plug it in when I go to bed I don't really need it to be on.
Good point. I wonder if FC makes a difference on the time your battery last? What I heard though is that using it will damage your battery faster in the long run...

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I'm not sure how youre getting such good results. I'm averaging 3.5-4 so far. You must be a light user....?
Definitely not a light user. I love this phone so I'm always on it. I did a factory reset and didnt restore from back up. Added all my apps one at a time. The only thing i restored was my contacts... Since then thats the kinda battery life I've been getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz