The Note 7 Battery life Thread

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I tried this, but it shows me such a long list of things that I'm afraid I might disable some essential or vital features of my phone....the list is way too long!

Ok, you can just disable all the carrier apps and samsung stuff you dont want. Just drag the icon to the top where it says disable or uninstall.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Ok, you can just disable all the carrier apps and samsung stuff you dont want. Just drag the icon to the top where it says disable or uninstall.
Well. That didn't go well so far! I clicked on disable all bloatware. It said it disabled 92 packages, and then half my apps and widgets had disappeared form my home screen. Had to reinstall everything mannually after deleting the app.

There were a lot of things in that list that got disabled I don't know why...

1472608168160.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I was saying drag and disable in stock android lol. Btw when what you did happens in package disabler, you can renable it all by clicking uninstall.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried this, but it shows me such a long list of things that I'm afraid I might disable some essential or vital features of my phone....the list is way too long!

I don't use any list from anybody, I just go to the Apps Manager and disable everything I consider bloatware and it let me do it, then I go to Package Disabler and disable the others I can't do via the Apps Manager. Safer and just what I want. From Tmobile I just leave Visual Voice Mail the rest is gone, from Samsung I disable Briefing, S voice and the Samsung + apps and maybe a couple of others, from Google, Play Music and all the Office equivalent apps and from Microsoft, everything.

Then I go to Accounts and look for all the other Google services sync and disable the sync for the Play Newstand, Google Fit and any other services I won't ever use.

Then I move to Location and I prefer just the power saving mode (WIFI and data services) and it's always on, I just change it to High Accuracy when I use Google Maps of any other service or apps that requires my precise location. In there I turn Google location services off and all the wifi and Bluetooth scanning.

That's a summary of my step by step settings as soon as I get a new phone, and is very often, I've always had great battery life with everything I want and need on a Smartphone turned on and for the rest that I use once every now and then, like NFC that's what the Quick toggles are there for, and it takes me 1 second to turn it on and off.

Last edited:

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Today the battery has been pretty good. I have 4 Gmail accounts set to push and receive a good amount of email. NFC, BT and WiFi all on. Screen brightness on auto. Gear fit2 connected the entire time.

I've been using the Android Central app for a few articles and a bunch of forum browsing and posting. Some Facebook action. Chrome browsing. Clash Royale playing for over half an hour. Texting. Updated about 5 or so apps. Viewed a bunch of emails this morning and downloaded pictures that were attached to quite a few of them. Basically a lot of actual use not just reading, but no hardcore gaming. My reception has been in and out. No cell reception was at 3%. Connected to WiFi for a little while also.
View attachment 237805View attachment 237806View attachment 237807

how did you get the black theme

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't use any list from anybody, I just go to the Apps Manager and disable everything I consider bloatware and it let me do it, then I go to Package Disabler and disable the others I can't do via the Apps Manager. Safer and just what I want. From Tmobile I just leave Visual Voice Mail the rest is gone, from Samsung I disable Briefing, S voice and the Samsung + apps and maybe a couple of others, from Google, Play Music and all the Office equivalent apps and from Microsoft, everything.

Then I go to Accounts and look for all the other Google services sync and disable the Play New stand, fit and any other services I won't ever use.

Then I move to Location and I prefer just the power saving mode (WIFI and data services) and it's anyways on, I just change it to High Accuracy when I use Google maps of any other device or apps that requires my precise location. In there I turn Google location services off and all the wifi and Bluetooth scanning.

That's a summary of my step by step settings as soon as I get a new phone, and is very often, so far always have great battery life with everything I want and need on a Smartphone on and for the rest that I use once every now and then, like NFC that's what the Quick toggles are there for, and it takes me 1 second to turn it on and off.
Thanks mate. I'm very happy with my battery out of the box already so I'm sure those few steps will give it a nice little extra boost!!! Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to describe

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
These numbers are becoming consistent. I'm happy!

f8ca7252fa440c19a5c557506a1f985b.jpg

a96dd39e52cd08ce515f0deb19fb99a4.jpg

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand how some of you manage to get these result... I get 9-10 hours on battery with only 3hrs of sot! Don't tell me this is because I don't have good signal!!!! I have good signal, and it couldn't be the reason why I get half your battery life!!! Please tell us how you do it!!!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how some of you manage to get these result... I get 9-10 hours on battery with only 3hrs of sot! Don't tell me this is because I don't have good signal!!!! I have good signal, and it couldn't be the reason why I get half your battery life!!! Please tell us how you do it!!!!

I get even more than that with the steps I mentioned above, and it has been always like that, with all my phones from all brands not just Samsung. Remember your usage will never be the same than others so your battery will never be the same either.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Im not sure whats going on if your getting good signal. I Got my phone Monday and ran it down from the battery it had when I got it. I put it on the charger Monday night and took it off yesterday morning at 6:30 am. I havent charged it since and Im at 44% with 3 hours SOT and 1d 1 hour 56 minutes and 25 seconds on battery. When I finally kill it today Ill post my pictures but this is on the phones very first charging cycle.

If you want I can go through all my settings and send them to you to compare.

Andrew_95

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
New to Android after using iPhones for 6 years. Got my phone y'day and it came with 50% battery. It lasted from around 2:30pm - 6pm before draining completely, though most of it was used transferring the iPhone contents. Got any tips on how to improve my battery life? I've turned "Nearby Device Scanning" off, will that help?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
New to Android after using iPhones for 6 years. Got my phone y'day and it came with 50% battery. It lasted from around 2:30pm - 6pm before draining completely, though most of it was used transferring the iPhone contents. Got any tips on how to improve my battery life? I've turned "Nearby Device Scanning" off, will that help?

Setting up the phone kills battery very fast since its downloading non stop and connecting to multiple services. If you got 3 1/2 hours out of 50% battery while setting it up then youre doing pretty good imo. Yes nearby scanning being off will help and so will disabling the bloatware on the phone. Basically go through the settings and turn off everything youre not interested in to start.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Ive been messing around with one of my employees phones this morning and I found something pretty interesting. Since cell signal is the primary cause of battery drain and since the Note has wifi calling there is an option to help with cell drain. If you put the phone into airplane mode then connect to wifi all your calls and texts will go through wifi calling (which I have been very happy with the quality) and from what Im seeing everything else will function as normal. If you work/live in a building that gets bad reception this will stop your phone from searching for cell service which ultimately destroys your battery. Its basically turning off your cellular connection on the device but allowing things to route through wifi.

Worth a shot for those of you in bad cell areas or buildings.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as the mentions of disabling apps As long as you do not use them they will automatically be put to sleep. Is there some advantage to searching them and then disabling them? I know for a fact that since the system disabled the apps on it's own my battery life has had a nice increase, unless that increase is simply from conditioning by way of use and charging.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well. That didn't go well so far! I clicked on disable all bloatware. It said it disabled 92 packages, and then half my apps and widgets had disappeared form my home screen. Had to reinstall everything mannually after deleting the app.

There were a lot of things in that list that got disabled I don't know why...

View attachment 237864
The developer considers a lot bloatware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781