The Note 7 Battery life Thread

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have it in automatic push, so the email comes to me as soon as it's received. But I've had it like this forever and it's the first time the email app decides to such 15% of my battery on its own...

But is this a Private ISP email or are you using it for gmail, yahoo or Hotmail?

If it keeps doing the same the clear email app cache and data and set them again, just to see.

Have you done the Airplane mode/wifi only test?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to say on this thread any longer about battery. To me if you're getting 8-10 hours with really heavy use then you're doing it right.

Many people who post these stats claiming 15-20 hours with 6 SOT have already said they are using owner saving modes.

I get on average 10 hours with 4-4.5 SOT without charging. But I just charged for 20 min and now I am going to end up with 15 hours and about 6.5 SOT today.

Even a simple 10 min charge would boost me another 20%.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am getting pretty good battery life!

d813f805c90a76223fa34ed26f38cce4.jpg

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
But is this a Private ISP email or are you using it for gmail, yahoo or Hotmail?

If it keeps doing the same the clear email app cache and data and set them again, just to see.

Have you done the Airplane mode/wifi only test?
Gmail! But it looks like resetting the app to factory fixed it. Must have been some bug somewhere!

I haven't made the wifi test yet man, cause I need to use my phone today. I plan on making it on Tuesday because I'll be the whole day at work meaning I'll have wifi and my boss won't be looking for me!!!

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what to say on this thread any longer about battery. To me if you're getting 8-10 hours with really heavy use then you're doing it right.

Many people who post these stats claiming 15-20 hours with 6 SOT have already said they are using owner saving modes.

I get on average 10 hours with 4-4.5 SOT without charging. But I just charged for 20 min and now I am going to end up with 15 hours and about 6.5 SOT today.

Even a simple 10 min charge would boost me another 20%.
Wide words man. My situation is the same. The only problem comes from me and my battery anxiety, not my phones battery.
I get the same consistent results that you. 10 hours on battery and 4 hours Sot. But today I put my phone to charge for 15 minutes while I was at 45% cause either knew I'd spend the whole day out and I pulled off 15 hours on battery and over 5 hours sot. Thats using my phone heavily with everything on!!! What else can we ask for. I guess it's pretty good after all!!!

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
See, that's my day today. You can see the 15 minutes boost on the fast charger!! And we back in the game...
I'm at 9% now and that ll give me easily another 1hr+ but all I need Is another 10 minutes of charger and I'm good to go till tomorrow.
Remember too that in the morning I had a bug with my email app that unusually sucked away 15, % of my battery for no reason....
e0241da08b41c19c5a8de4e68df2a40b.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Gmail! But it looks like resetting the app to factory fixed it. Must have been some bug somewhere!

I haven't made the wifi test yet man, cause I need to use my phone today. I plan on making it on Tuesday because I'll be the whole day at work meaning I'll have wifi and my boss won't be looking for me!!!

Ok, my last advice for you on this matter is to just clear the email app data again and forget about it, if you are just using it for Gmail, just use the Gmail app for it, low resources and battery friendly, plus it pushes your emails by default no need to do anything else, in fact, if you haven't disabled Gmail or turned off its sync, then you are using twice the battery and resources just to get the same emails as Gmail account is set by default by simply login with your Google account.

I use most of Samsung Native apps except S Voice and Email, and it's because I don't like S voice and my 2 emails accounts are Gmail accounts so I use the Android native one and that one is Gmail.

After you can make the Airplane mode tests you should have a better picture of what may be wrong in your case, I hope you finally figure it out. Good luck.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Today was a good battery day. I really hope things don't change with the recall exchange. I watched YouTube for a while this morning. Researched a bunch of stuff online, mainly guns. And went through some forums. 4 Gmail accounts set to push. Everything syncing. Bluetooth on and connected to a gear fit 2 all day. WiFi on the whole time and connected part of the time. NFC on. AOD on. Auto brightness. I'm on Sprint with the SD820 variant.
1838.jpg

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Here's my LG stylo2 on battery saver. Read it and weep... and that was with iheart radio on the whole time and light to moderate use... I forgot to get a screen shot of the sot. Capture+_2016-08-27-08-36-47.png

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Today was a good battery day. I really hope things don't change with the recall exchange. I watched YouTube for a while this morning. Researched a bunch of stuff online, mainly guns. And went through some forums. 4 Gmail accounts set to push. Everything syncing. Bluetooth on and connected to a gear fit 2 all day. WiFi on the whole time and connected part of the time. NFC on. AOD on. Auto brightness. I'm on Sprint with the SD820 variant.
View attachment 238483
Here we go. Just when I was about to accept my 4 hours of sot with a smile, you have to do this to me. 7 hours?!!!!!!! How the heck is this possible? (by the way, it's a long time too. You're a pretty heavy user!)

If only I could understand how you get this.....

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Here we go. Just when I was about to accept my 4 hours of sot with a smile, you have to do this to me. 7 hours?!!!!!!! How the heck is this possible? (by the way, it's a long time too. You're a pretty heavy user!)

If only I could understand how you get this.....
I don't know why my battery life was so good yesterday. The only thing I didn't do was play games. I was to busy looking at other stuff and watching videos. My SOT has varied from just over 3 hours to what you see here. It never seems to be the same even with the he same general use. I didn't realize my SOT was so high yesterday until I noticed I hadn't even plugged it in while at work.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys think the black theme helps with the battery? I just can't explain it!!! You literally get double the battery time than I get!
I think it helps a small amount. Not a ton since most apps still aren't dark and the videos I usually watch and games I play at times aren't affected by it. Mostly I just think it's easier on the eyes. Especially at night.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I don't know why my battery life was so good yesterday. The only thing I didn't do was play games. I was to busy looking at other stuff and watching videos. My SOT has varied from just over 3 hours to what you see here. It never seems to be the same even with the he same general use. I didn't realize my SOT was so high yesterday until I noticed I hadn't even plugged it in while at work.
Well I'm curious to see how this evolves. If you could report back today after your day of use to compare?
Maybe your battery gets better and better as you use your phone more and more? I've read somewhere that they function a bit like a muscle. The more you use them the stronger they get at the beginning.

Matt_james_matt

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I cannot understand how you all are getting 4+ SOT. I have had the phone for a week now. It is very consistent, I get somewhere between 2.5 to 3 hours SOT with 20% remaining at the end of day. I am at least an hour off from you all. I have turned off WiFi Scanning, disabled some of the ATT bloat. Not using any power mgmt. profile yet.

Any suggestion are very welcomed :)
I get 5 hours a minimum
1st pic is not home so turning mobile data on and off throughout the day
And the send pic is at home all day connected to wifi

Attachments

• 1473089129194.jpg
    1473089129194.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 1473089224644.jpg
    1473089224644.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 27

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I get 5 hours a minimum
1st pic is not home so turning mobile data on and off throughout the day
And the send pic is at home all day connected to wifi
You must have you luminosity very low. I keep mine around 75% and the power consumed by my screen is almost twice yours (usually between 1600 and 1800 mah by the time I have 1% battery left)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol