08-24-2016 01:50 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    In the local ad (this past Sundays paper) it clearly states you get fulfilled in store immediately for the promo item.
    It says the item is fulfilled at time of purchase not at time of preorder

08-11-2016 06:16 PM
    OPon't not why you're mad with Best Buy because you didn't read.
    08-11-2016 06:17 PM
    My really great Note 7 purchase experience, just kidding, Best Buy and the suck, rant warning-img_20160811_181641767.jpg

Right side in the circle.
    08-11-2016 06:19 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160811_181641767.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	548.1 KB 
ID:	234762

Right side in the circle.
    I don't think paying $50 to reserve a preorder matches the definition of "purchase"
    ibcop likes this.
    08-11-2016 06:20 PM
    I don't think paying $50 to reserve a preorder matches the definition of "purchase"
    Yeah, you're probably correct with that.
    08-11-2016 06:21 PM
    Best Buys policy specifically excludes competitor pre order offers. My best buy said no
    Yeah I called in to Best Buy online and they were like nope. I may cancel and go with Sam's. 150 is a lot of money.
    08-11-2016 06:29 PM
    Paid full retail with my preorder on online. Received a message that same day to come in and pick up my watch (though I wanted the card).

I went to Best Buy the next day, they swapped the card for the watch. And also matched the Sam's Club deal and gave me a 150.00 gift card.

I'm just waiting on the phone now. And I really don't care if it arrives right on the19th or not though like everyone else I'd rather have it sooner than later.
    Wow you struck gold if you did really get BB to match the gift card from sams. Was told they won't match that or the 100 from target.
    08-11-2016 06:33 PM
    I went back over to Best Buy this afternoon. Holy cow, what a freakin' mess. First, they couldn't get my order to cancel. Then, a very nice woman who was unusually helpful had a long chat with management and their Samsung rep and said they could go ahead and redo everything and get me the memory card and the phone on release day, so I said great, let's do that. So they canceled the order and sent me over to the Samsung guy.

Got over there and found out that Best Buy is no longer accepting pre-orders for the blue. Only black and silver. So I said screw it and left. I went to the local AT&T store and did a pre-order with them. So yeah, I'll have to submit the thing through the website to get the SD card... hopefully that'll work out.

I'm frustrated enough at this point that if the phone doesn't ship by the 18th, I'm going to cancel the order completely and not even get one at all. I'll just keep my Note 3 until it dies, and then figure out what to do.
    08-11-2016 06:36 PM
    I saw someplace, unfortunately I don't remember where, that the "shipping by..." was saying "mid September" on the Note 7... this was a couple of days after I had pre-ordered mine. Mighta been Best Buy, mighta been someplace else... sorry, I don't remember.
    I just had my IT department preorder mine yesterday. Coral Blue 64GB. Will ship to me on the 19th of August. So idk why it would be later than that elsewhere.
    08-11-2016 06:49 PM
    I went by my third closest BestBuy this morning and explained to them the fit2 was the only available option online. I paid full retail for the phone and it took some time for them to figure it out, but they completed my order with the watch, then exchanged the watch on a 'non receipt?' for the 256gb SD card, and got it on the spot. The previous two stores told me if your not activating a new plan you don't get the gift. I guess it pays to talk to more than one store. By the time I had done this they had sold out of coral blue.
    08-11-2016 08:12 PM
    Target has a good deal where they give you a fee 100 gift card, as well as getting either the watch or the memory card... Sam's club has a good offer but its for an instore $150 giftcard
    08-11-2016 09:37 PM
    Wow you struck gold if you did really get BB to match the gift card from sams. Was told they won't match that or the 100 from target.
    Yes, I have a great Best Buy store in my area. Management is great. They had to okay it. They also know I'll be back!
    I actually uploaded a pic with the 256 sd card/ Best Buy gift card & receipt in one of the threads earlier.
    08-11-2016 09:48 PM
    Well, I was able to get them to give me a 256gb SD card the second time around. Switched it for the gear fit 2. I've got 2 smartwatches so I didn't feel like I needed it. At least they did that for me. I didn't want to push my luck by asking for the gift card too. Guess I'll keep my order with them instead of going to Sam's.
    08-11-2016 10:05 PM
    Wow, you are so lucky that BB matched the gift card deal. Mine also say no. I may still try again when I pick it up.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    08-12-2016 06:34 PM
    Wait..Best Buy is already giving out Note 7's?
    No the OP was talking about the watch.
    08-12-2016 07:25 PM
    My Girlfriend went to Best Buy today and pre-ordered thr Note 7. All they wanted was $50 down payment, which they gave back a $50 gift card to be brought in and used towards the phone when it arrives. They never asked which gift she wanted or asked about any payment options. They just told her they would notify her when the phone arrives and then she can make am appointment to go there and finalize the rest of the set up with Verizon (setting up any changes in current plan or insurance, etc). Anyone else pre-order in store and did they even ask anything about the free promotional gift?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2016 07:42 PM
    My Girlfriend went to Best Buy today and pre-ordered thr Note 7. All they wanted was $50 down payment, which they gave back a $50 gift card to be brought in and used towards the phone when it arrives. They never asked which gift she wanted or asked about any payment options. They just told her they would notify her when the phone arrives and then she can make am appointment to go there and finalize the rest of the set up with Verizon (setting up any changes in current plan or insurance, etc). Anyone else pre-order in store and did they even ask anything about the free promotional gift?

I had the exact same experience as your girlfriend.
    08-14-2016 08:07 PM
    I'm frustrated enough at this point that if the phone doesn't ship by the 18th, I'm going to cancel the order completely and not even get one at all. I'll just keep my Note 3 until it dies, and then figure out what to do.
    Lol. You're like my son who says the same thing when he doesn't get dessert after dinner. "If I can't have it now then I don't want it at all..."
    08-14-2016 08:30 PM
    Lol. You're like my son who says the same thing when he doesn't get dessert after dinner. "If I can't have it now then I don't want it at all..."
    My 4 year old does that...
    Thisistip likes this.
    08-14-2016 08:57 PM

That's normal, pick up your gift when you pick up your phone.
    08-14-2016 10:39 PM
    I got my Gear Fit2 the day of my pre-order, and they allowed me to exchange it for the small, although it did take some time on their end to make it work.
    08-17-2016 05:09 PM
    Best Buy managed to **** me off for the last time today.

When I pre-ordered my Note 7 on their website, I was unaware of the memory card option and just accepted that they were giving me the stupid watch. Then I found out here about the choice you get at either the carrier stores or at the Best Buy stores.

I had ignored the "pickup is ready" emails from Best Buy for the stupid watch until I got one yesterday that said pick it up by end of today or we'll cancel your order. WTF? So I thought okay fine I'll go get it so they don't cancel everything.

So I picked it up and decided to go over to Customer Service and explained to them that if I had done it in-store, I could have gotten the memory card. The guy was polite and helpful and asked his bosses. Nope, can't do it. BECAUSE I PICKED UP THE WATCH, the only recourse now is to cancel the pre-order and redo it. Which of course means being bumped into mid-September to get the phone. WTF again. I just said thanks, took the watch and left.

Then I went over to the local AT&T store... the very same store where I bought my Note 3 three years ago. I asked them -- do you think you'll have enough regular stock on launch day so I can just come get it there and still get the memory card? They said very probably.. they've always had enough phones on release day, including the last iPhone. So.. I'm gonna take this f'ing watch back to Best Buy and cancel the whole thing, and then just show up over at the AT&T store next Friday and get the phone and memory card. I don't even want the memory card for the phone.. I'm going to use it on my MacBook Pro to expand on my 512 gig internal SSD.

Best Buy can bite me.

Rob
    08-18-2016 08:40 PM
    I just got a note from best buy I am going to pick my note 7 is ready for me. Going in now
    08-18-2016 08:43 PM
    Apparently my order is delayed, i will call them in a bit to see if there are any pick-ups in-store, but right now there is a 30 day IDK when it will come.
    08-19-2016 09:54 AM
    Will they refund it so you can buy somewhere else that has it?
    08-19-2016 09:57 AM
127 1234 ...