My really great Note 7 purchase experience, just kidding, Best Buy and the suck, rant warning

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Gonna cancel my Best Buy Note 7 Pre-Order

Best Buy managed to **** me off for the last time today.

When I pre-ordered my Note 7 on their website, I was unaware of the memory card option and just accepted that they were giving me the stupid watch. Then I found out here about the choice you get at either the carrier stores or at the Best Buy stores.

I had ignored the "pickup is ready" emails from Best Buy for the stupid watch until I got one yesterday that said pick it up by end of today or we'll cancel your order. WTF? So I thought okay fine I'll go get it so they don't cancel everything.

So I picked it up and decided to go over to Customer Service and explained to them that if I had done it in-store, I could have gotten the memory card. The guy was polite and helpful and asked his bosses. Nope, can't do it. BECAUSE I PICKED UP THE WATCH, the only recourse now is to cancel the pre-order and redo it. Which of course means being bumped into mid-September to get the phone. WTF again. I just said thanks, took the watch and left.

Then I went over to the local AT&T store... the very same store where I bought my Note 3 three years ago. I asked them -- do you think you'll have enough regular stock on launch day so I can just come get it there and still get the memory card? They said very probably.. they've always had enough phones on release day, including the last iPhone. So.. I'm gonna take this f'ing watch back to Best Buy and cancel the whole thing, and then just show up over at the AT&T store next Friday and get the phone and memory card. I don't even want the memory card for the phone.. I'm going to use it on my MacBook Pro to expand on my 512 gig internal SSD. :)

Best Buy can bite me.

Rob

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Gonna cancel my Best Buy Note 7 Pre-Order

Hmm my Worst Buy was different. The manager told me to come back on the 19th and they will exchange the Gear Fit2 for the 256GB for me.

Weird, but then again. They are Worst Buy. lol

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

When I pre-ordered my Note 7 on their website, I was unaware of the memory card option and just accepted that they were giving me the stupid watch. Then I found out here about the choice you get at either the carrier stores or at the Best Buy stores.

I had ignored the "pickup is ready" emails from Best Buy for the stupid watch until I got one yesterday that said pick it up by end of today or we'll cancel your order. WTF? So I thought okay fine I'll go get it so they don't cancel everything.

So I picked it up and decided to go over to Customer Service and explained to them that if I had done it in-store, I could have gotten the memory card. The guy was polite and helpful and asked his bosses. Nope, can't do it. BECAUSE I PICKED UP THE WATCH, the only recourse now is to cancel the pre-order and redo it. Which of course means being bumped into mid-September to get the phone. WTF again. I just said thanks, took the watch and left.

Then I went over to the local AT&T store... the very same store where I bought my Note 3 three years ago. I asked them -- do you think you'll have enough regular stock on launch day so I can just come get it there and still get the memory card? They said very probably.. they've always had enough phones on release day, including the last iPhone. So.. I'm gonna take this f'ing watch back to Best Buy and cancel the whole thing, and then just show up over at the AT&T store next Friday and get the phone and memory card. I don't even want the memory card for the phone.. I'm going to use it on my MacBook Pro to expand on my 512 gig internal SSD. :)

Best Buy can bite me.

Rob

How are people getting their preorder bonuses from Best Buy before picking up the phone? I haven't been told to pick anything up yet.

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site

I don't think att is giving the cards directly. You're going to have to fill out a redemption form on Samsung and then the card will come in a couple of weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

No they are giving out the watch or memory card if you have paid for the phone. If you do the payment installment plan they hold them until you activate the phone but if you drop the 350 for the phone you're pretty much committed and then they give you your gift... at least that's the way I have understood it

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered my Note 7 using the AT&T Next Plan... no money changed hands. But like an hour after placing the order, I got the first email telling me the watch was ready for pickup.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

How are people getting their preorder bonuses from Best Buy before picking up the phone? I haven't been told to pick anything up yet.

People are getting them shipped to them as wel from Best Buy. They're the only outlet that is doing the bonuses different and handling it themselves bs the Samsung promotion website.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Best Buy can bite me.

Rob

Who the heck is saying there is a 1 month delay on pre-orders? Exaggerate much?

Also, you will be waiting several weeks to get your memory card as you have to fill out an online form if you pre-order anywhere except best buy. If you pre-order in store at best buy you can pick up your sd card on 8/19 though along with your phone.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

People are getting them shipped to them as wel from Best Buy. They're the only outlet that is doing the bonuses different and handling it themselves bs the Samsung promotion website.

Oh, I know, but, as Rob G said above, he is doing the installment and got a watch. I did the same thing(albeit through Verizon)and have gotten no pickup email for my watch.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

And what was your method of preorder, if I may ask?

Pre-order online through bestbuy.com. Your only option for a free gift is the fit2 in black/large if you go through bestbuy.com. Bestbuy.com will ship it or let you pick it up in store in a few days.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I saw someplace, unfortunately I don't remember where, that the "shipping by..." was saying "mid September" on the Note 7... this was a couple of days after I had pre-ordered mine. Mighta been Best Buy, mighta been someplace else... sorry, I don't remember.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

I went into my local AT&T Store the first day for pre-orders, after filling out all the information he said let me check in the back and see if we have the watch, he had it and I have had it since that day

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Hmm my Worst Buy was different. The manager told me to come back on the 19th and they will exchange the Gear Fit2 for the 256GB for me.

Weird, but then again. They are Worst Buy. lol

So far in my many years dealing with Best Buy, I have yet to think Worst.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Yeah on the website for pre-orders it says in store has the option of small gear fit2 or SD card but Web orders the large gear fit. Pretty weird they would do them differently.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

So, a couple of things.

If you purchase from Best Buy online, you can only get the large gear fit 2. Ymmv as far as getting them to switch it out in the store. I struck out unfortunately.

If you purchase from your carrier, you won't get it right away. You have to go through this process of submitting a claim on this website and then having that fulfilled. It's kinda a nightmare cause there's no rhyme or reason for the fulfillment order and some people during the s7 promotion didn't get the gift they wanted. Anybody who gets their gift directly from the carrier got lucky that their rep was clueless and can end up getting two gifts actually.

Also, I don't know about Best Buy estimating mid September, but I know that's the estimate that Samsung's website was giving me. That's why I went with Best Buy instead.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

And what was your method of preorder, if I may ask?

Paid full retail with my preorder on online. Received a message that same day to come in and pick up my watch (though I wanted the card).

I went to Best Buy the next day, they swapped the card for the watch. And also matched the Sam's Club deal and gave me a 150.00 gift card.

I'm just waiting on the phone now. And I really don't care if it arrives right on the19th or not though like everyone else I'd rather have it sooner than later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante