My really great Note 7 purchase experience, just kidding, Best Buy and the suck, rant warning

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Buy...What a joke

I got an email today saying mine was delayed up to 30 days. A while later I received an email saying it shipped. I looked at the tracking and it's actually out for delivery now.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I usually don't shop there - and I call them Worst Buy. I hope you get it squared away but I'm afraid you won't be the only one affected.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My name isn't head of account so uits a longer process. Might cancel best buy now, will send my gear fit 2 and then go to verizon today.

"Send your gear fit 2" ? You can't submit for it till you have IMEI/MAC ID for the phone so you would have to wait till you snag the Verizon order.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

"Send your gear fit 2" ? You can't submit for it till you have IMEI/MAC ID for the phone so you would have to wait till you snag the Verizon order.

He means send back the one BestBuy sent him. They shipped theirs when the preorder was submitted. I've had my Gear fit 2 for a few days now.

Posted via Carrier Pigeon.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I had a good experience today other than Sprint taking a long time to activate and the floods have caused a lot of issues with shipments.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gonna cancel my Best Buy Note 7 Pre-Order

I just called BestBuy and they told me that my shipment didn't arrive today (yet..), and told me to call back tomorrow.

WTF? Anybody else experiencing this?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I just called BestBuy and they told me that my shipment didn't arrive today (yet..), and told me to call back tomorrow.

WTF? Anybody else experiencing this?

Yup. Same thing happened to me. My best buy didn't get in any AT&T or verizon shipments today. They only got Sprint and all preorders. No extras. I was able to get one from a AT&T though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gmoney600

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

I ordered a Coral Blue online outright At&t version from Best Buy last night and picked it up this morning. Before I even claimed my order I told him that I didn't want the Gear fit and asked if he could switch it to the Memory card. It took a bit because they had to re-process the whole order and get an authorization number from corporate but he got it done. Great experience.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

good for u man. I ordered mine on August 6th and they emailed me this morning that it might be a month late. I cancelled and went to Verizon since they have black onyx in stock in the bay area. oh I made the switch from AT&T to Verizon

Shaq Fu

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Called local Best Buy on pre-order start day and asked to see if I should come in the store to setup the pre-order so I could get the 256 gb card, or whether I could just do it online. Was informed they would have plenty and to just go ahead online. I believe the actual word used was "tons" but I won't take that literally. We all know what happened next.

Show up Friday and there's a phone and no memory cards. They tell me they can order me one but it will take 5 days. Not bad, I can live with that. Then I get an email saying mid September and I check the website and it says mid October. Then it says nothing, can't be shipped and no where in 250 miles where it can be picked up. This just means that maybe in some distant future after Samsung fulfills all the ones they are going to fulfill from people who do the direct promotion, they might send some to Best Buy.

I decide to return the phone, still in the package. I go to a different Best Buy after owning a still in the box Note 7 for about 12 hours and come to find that this location actually has a 256gb card available. I tell them nevermind the return, go ahead and activate it and I'll walk out of there happy. They open it up, take it out of the box, take the stickers off, put the sim card in, turn it on for the first time, activate it, and then go to exchange my memory card order for the actual memory card sitting in front of me. I had the phone for literally 5 minutes.

Now they tell me, they can't give me this memory card because they have to send it out for another order, and that if I still want to return it, I have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So I hand back the phone and tell them to go ahead and process the return and turn my old phone back on. I tell them I never would have accepted this phone nor made this purchase were it not for this promotion which they don't seem to be able to fulfill and that the sales person spent more time handling the phone than me. They don't care, $35 please.

Then, they tell me they can't return the Note 7 because when they activated it they messed that up and basically didn't know how to return it and that I should go back to the other store, 30-45 mins away, to see if they know how. This is a Best Buy Mobile that can't sell me the item in front of me and that somehow doesn't know how to process a phone return.

I go to the other store and explain the situation. They appear confused as to why the other store couldn't just sell me the card, but they understood that I was just over it. I returned the phone, after 3 hours and paid $35 to do so.

I will never ever so much as buy a AA battery at a Best Buy again nor will I restrain myself from going into a tantrum bitchfest anytime I see someone wearing the color blue. I will tell everyone I know, everyone I ever meet, strangers on the street, random people out of the phone book if I can find a phone book, dead relatives, fictional characters, squirrels in my yard, trees, a ham sandwich, whatever, of my hatred of this store. I will be the Billy Graham of hatin' on Best Buy. I will show no inhibition and talk about Best Buy as if it was equal to some cross between ISIS, NAMBLA and Comcast. People in my life will start avoiding me just to not have to listen to my whining. Believe me, I was an only child and there is no limit to my ability to whine. Will I lie? No, I won't have to.

Now I know many people didn't actually even get the phone they were promised Friday. But it actually would have worked out better for me in my case if they had just been sold out of the phone too. Should good customer service be defined as having a less terrible experience than the next person?

Oh and I checked my carrier account and now that's all screwed up so I have fixing that to look forward to.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh man that really stinks. I would be mad if that happened to me. If it makes you feel any better, the best buy stores near me are exactly the same. They have told me I couldn't return an item cause their system wouldn't let them. I refuse to buy a phone from best buy period. They are ignorant sales people.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. That sounds terrible.

I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy on Friday. Before I arrived at the store, I called ahead to to see what they had in stock. The guy told me on the phone they had "tons of each color" available for Verizon. I arrived at the store 35 minutes later and there were only four Silver Titanium Note 7s left. Nobody wants a silver phone. But I was forced with that color. I would've rather had black onyx.

It's not nearly as terrible as your story, but yeah, Best Buy sucks. And I couldn't even get the free 256GB Samsung card because I purchased the phone outright.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Shaq Fu - it sounded like this went south when there was no available memory cards from Best Buy in the foreseeable future. Was there anything stopping you from just keeping your phone and going to the Samsung Promotions website and applying for your memory card there? I am sure no matter how Best Buy fulfills theirs, Samsung is ultimately picking up the tab.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Called local Best Buy on pre-order start day and asked to see if I should come in the store to setup the pre-order so I could get the 256 gb card, or whether I could just do it online. Was informed they would have plenty and to just go ahead online. I believe the actual word used was "tons" but I won't take that literally. We all know what happened next.

Show up Friday and there's a phone and no memory cards. They tell me they can order me one but it will take 5 days. Not bad, I can live with that. Then I get an email saying mid September and I check the website and it says mid October. Then it says nothing, can't be shipped and no where in 250 miles where it can be picked up. This just means that maybe in some distant future after Samsung fulfills all the ones they are going to fulfill from people who do the direct promotion, they might send some to Best Buy.

I decide to return the phone, still in the package. I go to a different Best Buy after owning a still in the box Note 7 for about 12 hours and come to find that this location actually has a 256gb card available. I tell them nevermind the return, go ahead and activate it and I'll walk out of there happy. They open it up, take it out of the box, take the stickers off, put the sim card in, turn it on for the first time, activate it, and then go to exchange my memory card order for the actual memory card sitting in front of me. I had the phone for literally 5 minutes.

Now they tell me, they can't give me this memory card because they have to send it out for another order, and that if I still want to return it, I have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So I hand back the phone and tell them to go ahead and process the return and turn my old phone back on. I tell them I never would have accepted this phone nor made this purchase were it not for this promotion which they don't seem to be able to fulfill and that the sales person spent more time handling the phone than me. They don't care, $35 please.

Then, they tell me they can't return the Note 7 because when they activated it they messed that up and basically didn't know how to return it and that I should go back to the other store, 30-45 mins away, to see if they know how. This is a Best Buy Mobile that can't sell me the item in front of me and that somehow doesn't know how to process a phone return.

I go to the other store and explain the situation. They appear confused as to why the other store couldn't just sell me the card, but they understood that I was just over it. I returned the phone, after 3 hours and paid $35 to do so.

I will never ever so much as buy a AA battery at a Best Buy again nor will I restrain myself from going into a tantrum bitchfest anytime I see someone wearing the color blue. I will tell everyone I know, everyone I ever meet, strangers on the street, random people out of the phone book if I can find a phone book, dead relatives, fictional characters, squirrels in my yard, trees, a ham sandwich, whatever, of my hatred of this store. I will be the Billy Graham of hatin' on Best Buy. I will show no inhibition and talk about Best Buy as if it was equal to some cross between ISIS, NAMBLA and Comcast. People in my life will start avoiding me just to not have to listen to my whining. Believe me, I was an only child and there is no limit to my ability to whine. Will I lie? No, I won't have to.

Now I know many people didn't actually even get the phone they were promised Friday. But it actually would have worked out better for me in my case if they had just been sold out of the phone too. Should good customer service be defined as having a less terrible experience than the next person?

Oh and I checked my carrier account and now that's all screwed up so I have fixing that to look forward to.
My experience was opposite. They were out of cards, but said 3 to 5 days, depending on stock. My 256 card apparently arrives tomorrow. FWIW, apparently people submitting now for their cards through carriers are being given six to eight week delivery estimates.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Shaq Fu - it sounded like this went south when there was no available memory cards from Best Buy in the foreseeable future. Was there anything stopping you from just keeping your phone and going to the Samsung Promotions website and applying for your memory card there? I am sure no matter how Best Buy fulfills theirs, Samsung is ultimately picking up the tab.
Phones bought at Best Buy aren't eligible for fulfillment through Samsung because of the promotion that Best Buy does. Otherwise, people could end up getting two gifts. That's why the Samsung promotion asks for imei number. They know which are from Best Buy.
Ugh. That sounds terrible.

I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy on Friday. Before I arrived at the store, I called ahead to to see what they had in stock. The guy told me on the phone they had "tons of each color" available for Verizon. I arrived at the store 35 minutes later and there were only four Silver Titanium Note 7s left. Nobody wants a silver phone. But I was forced with that color. I would've rather had black onyx.

It's not nearly as terrible as your story, but yeah, Best Buy sucks. And I couldn't even get the free 256GB Samsung card because I purchased the phone outright.
That's funny that no one wants silver, because with the S7 edge, the silver was hard to get ahold of. It was sold out for a while.

elreb

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I am not too happy with Best Buy. I preordered my AT&T black onyx two weeks before launch and yet I am still without. I don't even want the memory card, I'd rather have the Gear Fit 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad