My really great Note 7 purchase experience, just kidding, Best Buy and the suck, rant warning

elimyst

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I am not too happy with Best Buy. I preordered my AT&T black onyx two weeks before launch and yet I am still without. I don't even want the memory card, I'd rather have the Gear Fit 2.

I have no use for the watch, haven't even opened it. The card I can use. If I can find someone feeling the opposite who lives near me im going to see about a trade lol

elreb

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I have no use for the watch, haven't even opened it. The card I can use. If I can find someone feeling the opposite who lives near me im going to see about a trade lol

Haha, I feel like I am the only person who feels the opposite. Everyone wants that card. I just know that it would be a wasteful decision for me. I never go over 50gb.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ugh. That sounds terrible.

I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy on Friday. Before I arrived at the store, I called ahead to to see what they had in stock. The guy told me on the phone they had "tons of each color" available for Verizon. I arrived at the store 35 minutes later and there were only four Silver Titanium Note 7s left. Nobody wants a silver phone. But I was forced with that color. I would've rather had black onyx.

It's not nearly as terrible as your story, but yeah, Best Buy sucks. And I couldn't even get the free 256GB Samsung card because I purchased the phone outright.
Wow really.. Couldn't you have just purchased outright from Verizon or Samsung.com and get the gift as well?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I feel like I am the only person who feels the opposite. Everyone wants that card. I just know that it would be a wasteful decision for me. I never go over 50gb.
So true for me too. I have never filled up more than half of my 64gb sd card... However since I already have a Gear S2 platinum and a orig gear fit. I chose the card because of the awesome camera and video features on the N7 and will probably start recording and shooting a lot more than I use to

elreb

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
So true for me too. I have never filled up more than half of my 64gb sd card... However since I already have a Gear S2 platinum and a orig gear fit. I chose the card because of the awesome camera and video features on the N7 and will probably start recording and shooting a lot more than I use to

That's true. Plus, I'm sure I will have double the apps because I have an iPhone currently. Even though I have a ton of apps, I know that android has so much more. Maybe I'll have to reconsider!

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Called local Best Buy on pre-order start day and asked to see if I should come in the store to setup the pre-order so I could get the 256 gb card, or whether I could just do it online. Was informed they would have plenty and to just go ahead online. I believe the actual word used was "tons" but I won't take that literally. We all know what happened next.

Show up Friday and there's a phone and no memory cards. They tell me they can order me one but it will take 5 days. Not bad, I can live with that. Then I get an email saying mid September and I check the website and it says mid October. Then it says nothing, can't be shipped and no where in 250 miles where it can be picked up. This just means that maybe in some distant future after Samsung fulfills all the ones they are going to fulfill from people who do the direct promotion, they might send some to Best Buy.

I decide to return the phone, still in the package. I go to a different Best Buy after owning a still in the box Note 7 for about 12 hours and come to find that this location actually has a 256gb card available. I tell them nevermind the return, go ahead and activate it and I'll walk out of there happy. They open it up, take it out of the box, take the stickers off, put the sim card in, turn it on for the first time, activate it, and then go to exchange my memory card order for the actual memory card sitting in front of me. I had the phone for literally 5 minutes.

Now they tell me, they can't give me this memory card because they have to send it out for another order, and that if I still want to return it, I have to pay a $35 restocking fee. So I hand back the phone and tell them to go ahead and process the return and turn my old phone back on. I tell them I never would have accepted this phone nor made this purchase were it not for this promotion which they don't seem to be able to fulfill and that the sales person spent more time handling the phone than me. They don't care, $35 please.

Then, they tell me they can't return the Note 7 because when they activated it they messed that up and basically didn't know how to return it and that I should go back to the other store, 30-45 mins away, to see if they know how. This is a Best Buy Mobile that can't sell me the item in front of me and that somehow doesn't know how to process a phone return.

I go to the other store and explain the situation. They appear confused as to why the other store couldn't just sell me the card, but they understood that I was just over it. I returned the phone, after 3 hours and paid $35 to do so.

I will never ever so much as buy a AA battery at a Best Buy again nor will I restrain myself from going into a tantrum bitchfest anytime I see someone wearing the color blue. I will tell everyone I know, everyone I ever meet, strangers on the street, random people out of the phone book if I can find a phone book, dead relatives, fictional characters, squirrels in my yard, trees, a ham sandwich, whatever, of my hatred of this store. I will be the Billy Graham of hatin' on Best Buy. I will show no inhibition and talk about Best Buy as if it was equal to some cross between ISIS, NAMBLA and Comcast. People in my life will start avoiding me just to not have to listen to my whining. Believe me, I was an only child and there is no limit to my ability to whine. Will I lie? No, I won't have to.

Now I know many people didn't actually even get the phone they were promised Friday. But it actually would have worked out better for me in my case if they had just been sold out of the phone too. Should good customer service be defined as having a less terrible experience than the next person?

Oh and I checked my carrier account and now that's all screwed up so I have fixing that to look forward to.

Man in that situation, if I was not sober, I would not leave the store until I got what I wanted and they can feel free to call the cops on me. I live my life on principle. I feel so bad for you mate. Best Buy employees are moron though just like any other retail store that hire high school kids and dropout.

Also that bold quote was hella funny!

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you this...its not the employees fault when something goes wrong with returns and/or exchanges. Just like with every other computer system...stuff happens...especially during device launch dates. Unfortunately you had a bad experience.

The fact of the matter here is that best buy can only sale what they receive. I'm sure the line employees is not the one's ordering the devices. Samsung gets with the carriers and 3rd party resellers and decides who gets what and how much.

As far as the SD card promotion goes, a lot of people opted for it. Again Samsung didn't send enough to all the stores. In edition, best buy were able to give out the watch or SD card before the watch was released. So at the time of your preorder, you should've received your promotional item...whichever you selected.

Instead of people getting upset at the employee's when something isn't in stock, maybe they should contact the manufactor instead. I'm sure these stores want to make money by selling the devices.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Man you are a whiney entitled baby. There are so many more important things in life that this doesn't even register.
Best buy was only sent 700 sd cards total. They have over 1000 stores. That's fine. It will be sent to my home when they get more sometime next month. Not a big deal.
Demand is just so much greater than supply. If they don't have enough it's not anybodys fault. That's simply demand.
I have to wait till next week for my black phone. Not a big deal. Should've just kept the phone you got and learned patience.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Ugh. That sounds terrible.

I purchased my Note 7 at Best Buy on Friday. Before I arrived at the store, I called ahead to to see what they had in stock. The guy told me on the phone they had "tons of each color" available for Verizon. I arrived at the store 35 minutes later and there were only four Silver Titanium Note 7s left. Nobody wants a silver phone. But I was forced with that color. I would've rather had black onyx.

It's not nearly as terrible as your story, but yeah, Best Buy sucks. And I couldn't even get the free 256GB Samsung card because I purchased the phone outright.
Silver is the bomb. Just sayin.

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that Best Buy and a terrorist organization that kills innocent people are somewhat different...

Posted via the Android Central App

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I normally don't use much space, but I figure if I have more space available I'll actually use it since I can 4k record my kids. My main reason for getting the SD card was the speed though. It's faster than any other card I have. I have two android wear watches plus a fitness tracker. Didn't see a reason to go with the gear fit 2

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
...I will never ever so much as buy a AA battery at a Best Buy again nor will I restrain myself from going into a tantrum bitchfest anytime I see someone wearing the color blue. I will tell everyone I know, everyone I ever meet, strangers on the street, random people out of the phone book if I can find a phone book, dead relatives, fictional characters, squirrels in my yard, trees, a ham sandwich, whatever, of my hatred of this store. I will be the Billy Graham of hatin' on Best Buy. I will show no inhibition and talk about Best Buy as if it was equal to some cross between ISIS, NAMBLA and Comcast. People in my life will start avoiding me just to not have to listen to my whining. Believe me, I was an only child and there is no limit to my ability to whine. Will I lie? No, I won't have to....

+1 They have the nickname "Worst Buy" for very well deserved reasons!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy does not control stock allocations. The carriers do and will constrain if stock is tight. Based on N7 outages with ATT and Tmo at their own stores, seems to make sense. Still sux though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol