Note 7: Is there a task manager and can I add folders to the homescreen?

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Can we make extra folders to add to any screen? I use to be able to do this on my note 3..And is there a task manager? I use to be able to push the home middle button and that would close all the apps and take me to my ram that I was able to clean . Now the left button only closes all the apps and allows you to open up two apps at the same time. So far the phone has been great. Thanks for the help \m/

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Drag one icon onto another. It will put them both into a folder, which you can name. The folder will continue to exist as long as you keep at least two items in it. You can drag and drop items to/from it at will. A bit of a work-around, sure, but it works.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You don't need it. Android runs far better with the RAM full. Let the OS do its job.

Empty RAM us wasted RAM.

This is android not Windows.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
isn't the task manager where you tap the left button and it pulls up all your running apps? then you can shut off select apps or all apps?

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
isn't the task manager where you tap the left button and it pulls up all your running apps? then you can shut off select apps or all apps?

Yes, most task managers can do that... but don't. Let it be. Unless you have...ummmm... you know... something that you dont want other to know you were looking at /blush

rrobertsonsr

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Yes, most task managers can do that... but don't. Let it be. Unless you have...ummmm... you know... something that you dont want other to know you were looking at /blush

Of course you don't want anyone looking at your Private Phone...Its not a Public Pay Phone its a Private Phone. Also clearing your RAM is good because there are several Apps out there that are VERY resource intensive and some that are running in the background collecting data in regards to your surfing habits. So having the choice to stop or close a program is your right.. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Of course you don't want anyone looking at your Private Phone...Its not a Public Pay Phone its a Private Phone. Also clearing your RAM is good because there are several Apps out there that are VERY resource intensive and some that are running in the background collecting data in regards to your surfing habits. So having the choice to stop or close a program is your right.. don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No, clearing your RAM is not good. It is counterproductive to Android. Android likes it when the RAM is full, it operates much better on a full RAM. It is the opposite of a computer.

Now you can close all apps. Pressing on your left button should bring up all your open apps. You can choose to close all or just close some.

Closing apps and clearing RAM are two different things though.

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Go to My Files, My Phone, three dots, Create a Folder, name it and Create, long press on it to mark, three dots, copy to the home screen or move etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool