Note 7 and MicroSD cards...Does it take full advantage of hi speed cards? Whats the scoop?

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Calling all Note7/Smart Card experts....

Putting this question out there as all the info is driving me nuts.

Does the Note 7 take full advantage of all the new high-speed cards, especially the New UHS 1/II? If so, please recommend

here are the ones I am looking at.
Samsung Pro Plus 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Car
Samsung PRO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card, 128GB, 95MB/s (MB-MF128DA/AM)

I take a decent amount of hi-res photos with my Mirrorless camera and wirelessly sync them to my phone using Sony Play memories app.

would I be able to have them go directly on the SD card?
At what point are the specs overkill for this phone?

Thanks in advance for your info :)

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It does take advantage but you know there are much faster cards out there now? I would look at the Lexar stuff. They are great. I am using a 633x, 95MB/s, right now. They now have 1000x, 150MB/s, and 1800x, 270MB/s, speed cards now. The Lexar I have I bought in late 2014 and is still running strong. I have had PNY and Sandisk and they are just crap, they usually die after a few months. The Samsung's are good but make sure those 128Gb's are actually as fast as they say they are. However the only time you will really need anything 633x, 95MB/s, or higher is when recording 4k video. If I am correct Samsung uses their new UFS memory inside the phones and it is wicked fast.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Calling all Note7/Smart Card experts....

Putting this question out there as all the info is driving me nuts.

Does the Note 7 take full advantage of all the new high-speed cards, especially the New UHS 1/II? If so, please recommend

here are the ones I am looking at.
Samsung Pro Plus 128GB MicroSDXC Memory Car
Samsung PRO Select Micro SDXC Memory Card, 128GB, 95MB/s (MB-MF128DA/AM)

I take a decent amount of hi-res photos with my Mirrorless camera and wirelessly sync them to my phone using Sony Play memories app.

would I be able to have them go directly on the SD card?
At what point are the specs overkill for this phone?

Thanks in advance for your info :)

Hello dmiller440, The short answer: YES

If you looking for super fast stuff you could pick up the SANDISK EXTREME PRO 64GB, that thing flys at 275 mbs Read speeds. So copying all your photos and videos (4K) from the Micro SD to your computer will be super quick. (little over kill but its there as an option)

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
It does take advantage but you know there are much faster cards out there now? I would look at the Lexar stuff. They are great. I am using a 633x, 95MB/s, right now. They now have 1000x, 150MB/s, and 1800x, 270MB/s, speed cards now. The Lexar I have I bought in late 2014 and is still running strong. I have had PNY and Sandisk and they are just crap, they usually die after a few months. The Samsung's are good but make sure those 128Gb's are actually as fast as they say they are. However the only time you will really need anything 633x, 95MB/s, or higher is when recording 4k video. If I am correct Samsung uses their new UFS memory inside the phones and it is wicked fast.

Thanks for the info. What are the max speeds the Note 7 will support?

In regards to UFS, I have read about it, but not sure the Note 7 supports it as they probably would have been talking about it.

Are you referring to internal memory UFS vs the SD Card?