What Edges are you all using? I'm toying around with a couple, and even bought one or two from the Samsung market to try on for size.

Any favorite Tasker shortcuts, or task edge actions?
    08-21-2016 08:26 AM
    What Edges are you all using? I'm toying around with a couple, and even bought one or two from the Samsung market to try on for size.

Any favorite Tasker shortcuts, or task edge actions?
    So far just the Samsung Internet edge where I put some commonly visited sites. I like the idea of the tasks edge but can't figure out what to really put in there.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:46 AM
    So far just the Samsung Internet edge where I put some commonly visited sites. I like the idea of the tasks edge but can't figure out what to really put in there.
    Same here. I'm doing a couple one-touch call/message shortcuts to frequent contacts, but that's about all I can think of right now...
    08-21-2016 08:51 AM
    I'm using People, Apps, and Weather. I like the idea of the tasks edge, but so far, I haven't thought of anything I need to be put there. I took it off my edge options.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2016 10:09 AM
    I tried to use it while on TW but it just doesn't work for me. I went back to Nova Prime after the first day and just disabled the edge. With all the customization available on Nova, I just don't see a need for the edge. I wanted to use it and still may see if I can find something that works for me.
    08-21-2016 10:18 AM
    Read this over on XDA and it mostly works.
    To add more options to the TASKS Edge panel..

- Grab an app called "QuickShortcut Maker" from the app store. You can then take individual functions and make shortcuts on your home screen. You can also add apps to your home screen (though I have had a few not work, most did)
    - Once a shortcut has been added to your home screen, you can go into the tasks edge settings and add it to the edge panel!
    - Then you can delete the shortcut from the home screen and it will still work.

For example, I used to the quickshortcuts app to pluck out a direct link to the battery panel in settings. Now I have a direct link to the battery setting screens in my tasks panel. I also added several apps to the it, so I have my games and productivity on the regular apps edge panel, and all of my system tools apps on my tasks panel.
    dchanson likes this.
    08-21-2016 10:24 AM
    None. I don't find the edge panels all that useful.
    08-21-2016 10:27 AM
    I tried to use it while on TW but it just doesn't work for me. I went back to Nova Prime after the first day and just disabled the edge. With all the customization available on Nova, I just don't see a need for the edge. I wanted to use it and still may see if I can find something that works for me.
    Any way to change lockscreen wallpaper in Nova prime?
    08-21-2016 10:55 AM
    Any way to change lockscreen wallpaper in Nova prime?
    No, not that I could find.
    08-21-2016 11:16 AM
    No, not that I could find.
    Thanks for trying. That's crazy. It's so ugly.
    08-21-2016 11:18 AM
    Thanks for trying. That's crazy. It's so ugly.
    No problem, almost never see the lock screen. I use smart lock and have my house set up as a trusted location, also I wear an LG Tone headset everyday while at work and it's set up as a trusted device. So my phone doesn't lock very often.
    08-21-2016 11:27 AM
    No problem, almost never see the lock screen. I use smart lock and have my house set up as a trusted location, also I wear an LG Tone headset everyday while at work and it's set up as a trusted device. So my phone doesn't lock very often.
    Me too but there is still the unsecured screen you must swipe (instead of pin or fingerprint). That swipe screen is what I mean. I don't know the correct jargon for it.
    08-21-2016 11:29 AM
    Me too but there is still the unsecured screen you must swipe (instead of pin or fingerprint). That swipe screen is what I mean. I don't know the correct jargon for it.
    I'm using Nova Prime and can set separate lock screen wallpaper via settings - - > Wallpapers and themes.

When I pick an image, it asks if I want to set it for home screen, lock screen, or both.

Connert likes this.
    08-21-2016 11:34 AM
    Mine just goes back to the home screen when I come off the always on screen, also I'm using the Material Black theme which changes the lock screen and the one you're referring to black.
    08-21-2016 11:35 AM