Note 7 runs hot

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having this issue? My tmo version runs hot with even just web browsing.
With videos is really hot. I have nothing downloading on the background. Just my Gmail account.

TopDownRide

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My Notes have always run hot, with the Note 2 being the worst and my Note 5 only doing it intermittently and when charging while simultaneously running intensive Apps. The Note 2 was awful about it - particularly when using at places like Disney World where the cell signal is poor and really taxes the resources of the phone constantly, and then running any Apps just puts it over the edge where I've burned my hands/fingers (nothing serious but it was disconcerting). I hoped Samsung had this issue resolved by now! Especially with the waterproofing ... one of the list of reasons to upgrade from the Note 5.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My Notes have always run hot, with the Note 2 being the worst and my Note 5 only doing it intermittently and when charging while simultaneously running intensive Apps. The Note 2 was awful about it - particularly when using at places like Disney World where the cell signal is poor and really taxes the resources of the phone constantly, and then running any Apps just puts it over the edge where I've burned my hands/fingers (nothing serious but it was disconcerting). I hoped Samsung had this issue resolved by now! Especially with the waterproofing ... one of the list of reasons to upgrade from the Note 5.
I'm also in an area with super strong t-mobile service. I may be one of the unlucky they got a defective phone. It's hoter than normal.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine ran warm during setup, but not hot. My MXPE though gets real hot during setup and hot while gaming.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine really only gets quite warm when im charging it. Which kind of worries me cause i don't want any fires started lol.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been running hot. Clean master is always popping up telling me to cool the cpu down.

Seems you either have a rogue app or a bum device. I play games and use nav while charging with no heat issues. Coolest running device for me to date. Changing to FHD makes it even better. My Note 4 and MXPE would get hot, but never with a warning.

I did turn off fast charging in settings, but that should not be an issue.

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Seems you either have a rogue app or a bum device. I play games and use nav while charging with no heat issues. Coolest running device for me to date. Changing to FHD makes it even better. My Note 4 and MXPE would get hot, but never with a warning.

I did turn off fast charging in settings, but that should not be an issue.
Yeah it's weird. Just browsing this forums makes it hot. May have to reset it to factory settings and give it another shot before I return. I have only very few apps that I have always used on previous phones including all note series without any issues.

Mr Garibaldi

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Sadly mine has a massive temp issue, just over 75c on boot up, then down to 38-40c on idle, doing benchmark testing it jumped to 82c (used CPU TEMP app) did same tests on my s7 edge it never got over 28c....spoke to Telstra and they are aware of the issue.. im to go to the Telstra shop tomm for testing and wait for samsung to send replacement out... just got this device tuesday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad