How to unmount USB storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Settings>device management>storage>menu button>storage settings. Scroll down to your storage and unmount.

You can always power off the device ans then remove as well but the thought of you walking about with the usb sticking out is hilarious lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

gn10one

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I found out that if you pull down the notification bar, it shows "usb mass storage connected" in Android Lolipop. Click on that to dismount and safely remove usb drive. Hope this helps someone.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I found out that if you pull down the notification bar, it shows "usb mass storage connected" in Android Lolipop. Click on that to dismount and safely remove usb drive. Hope this helps someone.
Killed that useful feature in 6.0 Marshmallow.

ForeverRogue

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Killed that useful feature in 6.0 Marshmallow.

Hey I thought we lost that feature too but I found it hidden in the sub dropdown. In the notification pulldown it says 'Android System' and there's a arrow pointing down. Click on that arrow and the option to Unmount appears.

Edward Cherlin

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
Settings>device management>storage>menu button>storage settings. Scroll down to your storage and unmount.

You can always power off the device ans then remove as well but the thought of you walking about with the usb sticking out is hilarious lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
That's device maintenance on my Galaxy S7.
Anyway, thanks. i don't know whether I could ever have found this without help.

Hazim Al-Basha

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey I thought we lost that feature too but I found it hidden in the sub dropdown. In the notification pulldown it says 'Android System' and there's a arrow pointing down. Click on that arrow and the option to Unmount appears.

HELLO, I need help in this part precisely, I accidentally swiped this notification and it hasn't came back ever since, how do i fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Thanks for trying to help, but FYI this is in the Note7 thread, and as we all know, that phone was recalled and completely shut down.

SUDHAKAR N

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site

I lost this feature which existed previously

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12