T-Mobile version o T-Mobile version ships with July security update.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile version and am unimpressed that it doesn't have the August security update. Any other network variants coming with the August update, or is this a Samsung issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile version and am unimpressed that it doesn't have the August security update. Any other network variants coming with the August update, or is this a Samsung issue?

Posted via the Android Central App
They are going to push the August security update or may be wait and directly push the September security update. Samsung is pushing security updates to the all the flagship carrier variants very quickly. Since this is a new phone I would start judging it from September.

I think I saw AT&T or Verizon got the August update on release day, so I'm guessing we will see one for other carriers soon.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile version o T-Mobile version ships with July security update.

Yes both the AT&T and Verizon version had the August security patch avaliable as a day 1 update. Kinda weird esp considering how slow AT&T has been lately with updates, hell Marshmallow still is not out for the Note 4 and Galaxy S5. Then again they have been kind of good with the security patch updates just not at pushing out OS updates.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Since att and Verizon already have it, the hold up is probably with tmobile... Then again they are trying to be the uncarrier... Different than other carriers... Whatever that means

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21