Guess who cracked their 2 hour old Note 7 ??

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What glass do you have?
I just got this generic tempered glass off ebay... not sure what brand... but I got THREE for $25 shipped.

eed9a35d5dea0e8ddbbbafda061c58e6.jpg

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Let us know if it has adhesive all over, and not just the outside edges :)
just has adhesive on the sides... very easy to install...

my only complaint is that I have to press harder when I type....

oh.... and it was challenging getting the Otterbox commuter on without it pushing the protector off.... but I was able to get the rubbery part of the case OVER the screen protector at the top and bottom of the phone so it's all good now.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a Ringke CV case on order...what do you think of it?
I have this case but it only stayed on my phone for a few hours. It's a cheap piece of junk that makes the phone tacky. I then tried the S View case but it looks really low quality compared to last year's version so I exchanged it for the clear view case but that was a horrible fingerprint magnet so that went back as well. I now have a UAG and a Penguin. They're both very good so I will likely keep both of them.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You know they make non ugly cases that can protect as well right? Lol

It's a question of taste I guess... if you you look at my main interest, the case fits!

Super_Duty_Case.jpg Super_Duty_Truck.jpg

That's my '08 Ford F-250 Super Duty... since traded in for a 2015 F-350 that's a bit milder but still beefy! Love off-road, beach camping... truck stuff! Thus, a "trucky" case for my phone I guess. I don't care what the damned phone looks like, I care what it DOES and how it performs! I'm done...

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
It's a question of taste I guess... if you you look at my main interest, the case fits!

View attachment 236612 View attachment 236613

That's my '08 Ford F-250 Super Duty... since traded in for a 2015 F-350 that's a bit milder but still beefy! Love off-road, beach camping... truck stuff! Thus, a "trucky" case for my phone I guess. I don't care what the damned phone looks like, I care what it DOES and how it performs! I'm done...

I'm still rocking my 1999 F150 XLT. Montana girls need Montana trucks. My credit will be good enough to trade in on a 2011-2015 next year and I can't wait.

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wonder why it got so hot? I updated my Verizon N7 and reinstalled over 40GB of apps over mainly wifi with no big heat. That said, I disabled fast charge, but would not expect that to cause that much extra heat.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Glad you managed to get it sorted, even though it was a less-than-ideal ordeal to get to that resolution.

I personally use a Spigen Neo Hybrid on my Note. Adequate protection, but I love how much grip it has. Something I really like, especially on a big phone.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Never understood why people refuse to put a case on a phone then get surprised when it does drop and damage occurs.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Dracolan

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm the Sview cover looks nice, but you're right, i might invest in another case, this case by the way cost me $63.59 at Best Buy ??????

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160821/e8acc3a4b1365a03b8b85efe6932011a.jpg

63.59? that sucks, i got mine at best buy for 39.99 on Friday when i picked up my phone. Though mine is less for drop protection then it is for screen protection. I don't like screen protectors and my Note 3 screen is still scratchless after 3 years of use with the S-view cover :) Though i much prefer the Note 3 S-view to the Note 7. This one seems very flimsy in comparison.

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I spent Appx 4 hours on the phone with both AT&T and asurion. Asurion told me that they don't have any Note 7's in stock and would send me a Galaxy s7 Edge. The rep informed me "its the same phone, just without the pen" I proceeded to run down all of the differences between the devices. She was not happy.

Same situation here, but haven't called AT&T yet. Hoping I get this resolved.