08-25-2016 07:42 AM
112 1234 ...
tools
    actually the note 7 CAN be just as fluid as the iPhone. What you have to do is get rid of all bloatware and a bunch of useless stock apps with a bloatware disabler app on the play store, and get nova prime. Turn off sync too for a lot of useless ****, and replace stock apps with those off the play store which are more efficient. Clear cache, restart... and bam.. all good to go.
    I too just switched from iOS. Any chance you can post a step by step on all this?
    08-21-2016 10:36 PM
    So I've never had an Android before; the Note 7 is first. My last phone was the iPhone 6 and I've always been die hard Apple fan that would never consider an Android phone because, well, iPhones are iPhones. The Note 7 stuck out me so much that I felt it was a phone worthy enough to finally make the switch and I'll tell you...
    Do you guys agree with my comparison? Feel free to discuss
    I'm glad you made the switch. I've been a Android user from the start, even had the original Moto Droid from that I moved to Samsung started with the S2, then the S4, followed by the Note 4, Note 5, and now the Note 7. Most of my mom's side of the family are huge iPhone fans so we're constantly bickering over who's phone is better at family functions. My dad's side is more Android and I happen to be the techie if the family so everyone comes to me for help with trouble shooting or questions about how to do something. My biggest complaint with iPhones is that they're not very "customizable" (at least from what I've seen from playing around with them). I know Android can take some getting used to if you are new to it but once you do you can pretty much navigate any Android phone. I will admit that there have been some features that iPhone has that I wish were also on android but it wouldn't be a competitive market if that was the case. Anyway great post, enjoy your Note! 😊
    08-21-2016 11:00 PM
    on iphones you just swipe the screen to go back lol. much more intuitive than a button
    Ugh...I've always wondered how to go back, no one ever bothered to show me when I would try to help them do something on their phone or show them something.
    08-21-2016 11:05 PM
    Glad this thread is here. I've also been an iPhone user since the 1st Gen model dropped 7-years ago. I went from a 6s+ back down to a 6s because the bezels on the plus model made the device uncomfortably long for me. Being the curious type though...and because I'm also an ex-BlackBerry guy...I bought the BlackBerry Priv for something "different", and I hated the sharp corners & slider design...but I kinda thought the Android was kinda cool. Unfortunately I old the Priv before spending much quality time with it to get used to Andrid OS...

Since the Priv I've also had a Note 5 & Galaxy s6...but neither one turned me on enough to keep. However, after being completely disappointed by the new 2015 iPhone 7..and the lack of new hardware design from my current device, the Note 7 is looking like it might be my next phone...

If I can be patient enough to really give Android a fair chance rather than getting frustrated & giving up...we might have a winner.
    08-21-2016 11:32 PM
    I too just switched from iOS. Any chance you can post a step by step on all this?
    Sorry if some of these are kind of obvious... Hope this helps

I'm not sure which cache he's referring to if it's the main cache the only way I know to clear it is to turn the phone off then simultaneously hold down the power, home, & volume up button and that will get you into recovery mode. Using the volume keys scroll down to clear cache then confirm, then restart, don't select anything else.
    08-21-2016 11:34 PM
    Oops...just saw Shanda's post. NM.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-21-2016 11:36 PM
    I've been with android since the beginning, I had the htc g1, I've owned most actually, the incredible, droid x, gs1-4, the gs6 briefly, moto x, lg g2 and 3, htc thunderbolt, htc dna, htc one x, htc one, a couple nexus phones, and note 1 and 2. I also owned every iphone since the iphone 4 launched on verizon.

I use to switch back and forth but after have a kid two years ago, I've tried to settle down and currently have been using a iphone only, briefly tried the gs6 but switched back to my iphone. Ive always loved android but now after using ios for so long I honestly prefer the way the apps are, not saying the are better but they are designed or run a little differently. I guess the older I get the more I prefer not to have change, lol.

But the note 7 is seriously tempting me, I hate big phones, use to love it but I've been over it for a few years. I honestly like the iphone se but something inside me always wants the latest and best specs. So I've been using the iphone 6s and I know I'm going to have to switch to the iphone 7 plus to have the best this year and dread it because of bezels. After playing with the note 7 at best buy, I didn't even think it was a big phone.

Hardware, apple has always been on top. Well not so much the last couple of years, sure I still think the 6 series looks good but the bezels are ridiculously bad now, have been for a while. Looks like it will have to wait until next year to change that as well, plus the note 7 blows it out of the water in looks now. It's crazy how far Samsung has come to make a beautiful looking smartphone.

So decisions decisions, not sure what to do.
    ^^ This. I'm in the exact same situation. Been an iPhone die hard user/fanboy since the beginning and everything at home is all Apple (multiple iPads, Airplay, AppleTV, etc).
    But lately iOS has gotten stale, and this Note 7 is too tempting to jump ship

Like you said, Decisions Decisions!!!
    wolfedude88 likes this.
    08-22-2016 12:03 AM
    Good choice, have had every Note since release every year and this is by far the most refined and even better screen than my Note 5 can tell the difference. Also I bet the Iphone can't manage this....

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...psskilq2an.gif
    ...looks pretty "fluid" to me! I've got my N7 sitting at FedEx on a vacation hold. Almost home now, looking forward to tomorrow so I can begin my review comparison. iPhone 6 to N7, had Note 4 awhile back and hated the battery life and lag that was present. Here's to hoping the N7 is as amazing as it looks!!
    08-22-2016 12:24 AM
    See Time: 2:18

08-22-2016 02:35 AM
    Looks like Samsung have quite a winner with the N7. Wonder how thw numbers will look like at the end of the quarter.
    08-22-2016 02:14 PM
    Welcome to the android camp : I have 2 words for you: File sharing
    08-22-2016 02:27 PM
    I have always used both iOS and android devices...i can pinpoint exactly where both operating systems lag....at this point android and iOS are similar in real world performance
    fitcherama likes this.
    08-22-2016 02:30 PM
    I was an Android user back with the first Droid; I loved that phone. However, I switched over to iPhone with the iPhone and stayed with Apple all the way through the iPhone 6S Plus, which I just traded in for the Note 7. Here are some things I've noticed: 1. I love the design; even if I never use the pen, I like having it. 2. This feels like a premium phone, and the screen is amazing. 3. I love the waterproofing; I was always paranoid running (and sweating) with my iPhone! 4. Android is hard! I've figured it out, but you definitely have to want to learn in order to really dig deep into any of the settings. I'd recommend most people I know to go with the Samsung Easy mode. 5. iMessage is impossible to leave. I did everything I could, and eventually just changed my number, before I could get into group messages. I couldn't believe it! Oh, I also threw a memory card in and downloaded all my Spotify playlists onto it-what a luxury.
    Overall, I'm loving the Galaxy Note!
    JOHNGAETANO and Jude526 like this.
    08-22-2016 04:14 PM
    I logged out of my icloud account and did a factory restore. IMessage all gone. New phone texting works fine.
    08-22-2016 04:25 PM
    Here here! Rid your phone of all that crapware
    08-22-2016 06:41 PM
    This phone is amazing. Sooooo many things to do. I spent 2 hours and I still have no idea what I'm doing lol

Can you guys give me some suggestions for first time Android users.

Few questions;

1. Whats app those of you gmail users use? Gmail or Email?
    2. How can I lock the screen so it doesn't change when I tilt it?
    3. How do I view multiple apps at the same time?
    08-22-2016 08:21 PM
    Been doing the same dance off and on for about 5 years. iOS to android back to iOS and now.... Back to heading back to android.
    iFortWorth likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:24 PM
    I'm on the same boat. First I deregistered iMessages and now am in the process of completing Samsung Smart Switch.
    08-22-2016 08:26 PM
    This phone is amazing. Sooooo many things to do. I spent 2 hours and I still have no idea what I'm doing lol

Few questions;

2. How can I lock the screen so it doesn't change when I tilt it?
    3. How do I view multiple apps at the same time?
    1. Gmail is great
    2. Drop down notification settings, and un-select "Auto Rotate"
    3. I never use that feature, so i can't remember.
    08-22-2016 08:37 PM
    3. Long press the recent button
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:40 PM

Few questions;

I'm a gmail user who uses Cloud Magic instead of the gmail or native email apps.
    ra535i likes this.
    08-22-2016 08:42 PM
    3. Long press the recent button
    Thanks for that! I've been doing it from the recents screen. It's easier just to long press and choose the apps there.
    08-22-2016 08:42 PM
    I'm a gmail user who uses Cloud Magic instead of the gmail or native email apps.
    I use CloudMagic as well. Love it! Been using since I had my M8. It works well with my @me address. That's why I didn't try Samsung's email app. I didn't feel like messing with configuring it manually.
    08-22-2016 08:44 PM
    For Gmail, you may want to check out Inbox. It is by Google, and is a little different take on how to use email. I love it on my mobile,and I am still getting used to it on the desktop.
    08-22-2016 08:48 PM
    This! The very reason using an iPhone frustrates me. I don't understand the lack of a back button.
    All of my hardcore android friends always brought this up whenever we debated phones before I ever got an android, and even after I finally converted I still don't see why this is such a big deal to people, lol. I feel like pretty much everything on ios was just swipe to go back so not having a dedicated button never was a big deal to me. Then again, all my ios devices were always jailbroke and I had nifty little tweaks the vast majority of users didn't have.

Now, one thing that my iPad mini has that I ALWAYS wish my android phones have- swipe to go back on Google Chrome. Honestly, it frustrates the hell out of me. I prefer being able to just swipe right to go to a previous web page, it was so native to me for years. But then again, I don't even recall if this is native to Google Chrome in ios or if if was a jailbreak tweak I enabled years ago
    08-22-2016 09:18 PM
112 1234 ...