08-25-2016 07:42 AM
112 12345
tools
    All of my hardcore android friends always brought this up whenever we debated phones before I ever got an android, and even after I finally converted I still don't see why this is such a big deal to people, lol. I feel like pretty much everything on ios was just swipe to go back so not having a dedicated button never was a big deal to me. Then again, all my ios devices were always jailbroke and I had nifty little tweaks the vast majority of users didn't have.

Now, one thing that my iPad mini has that I ALWAYS wish my android phones have- swipe to go back on Google Chrome. Honestly, it frustrates the hell out of me. I prefer being able to just swipe right to go to a previous web page, it was so native to me for years. But then again, I don't even recall if this is native to Google Chrome in ios or if if was a jailbreak tweak I enabled years ago
    I miss the swipe to go back feature from iOS.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:21 PM
    I would rather experience the fraction of a second pop to get the next app open than the screen doing it's fancy pants animations masking the fact that it is lagging by showing you a little show. It also gets tiring after a while.
    You can disable all the animation happening in the settings.....

Hmm update.....

Was this animation removed from the Note 5? I swear I know there was animation, but I just can't find it. I know it was on my Note 3.
    08-22-2016 09:24 PM
    Welcome again to Android. I love it's freedom. Can do so much more. And love this phone. I have had all the Notes. This one is the best. Can't put it down

Posted via the Android Central App
    InternetUser230945 likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:55 PM
    I just switched from windows and I am having trouble with email. The samsung email app seems okay but I am not sure if emails are really coming in as push email. I have gmail and outlook account setup. I installed microsoft outlook app but it doesn't show any emails when I load it, it shows calendar fine but nothing in the email tab. So I am not sure which app to really use, I would like to use the outlook app for outlook and can use gmail app for gmail and skip the samsung email app if the outlook app would work. Also I set outlook to sync contacts but it doesn't seem like it has, maybe needs more time.

Appreciate any suggestions as to what email apps work best for outlook and syncing contacts/calendar.
    08-22-2016 09:56 PM
    I just want to take a moment to say welcome to all the newer members in this thread. Welcome to Android Central and I hope you enjoy your new device. Samsung has a really good Note this time around.
    08-22-2016 10:27 PM
    Appreciate any suggestions as to what email apps work best for outlook and syncing contacts/calendar.
    Have you tried Blue mail from Play? I think it's called Type mail now. I will look for it and link in a moment.

As I recall this is it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.trtf.blue

Been a while since I used it, and it has made some big changes.
    moc426 likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:28 PM
    I hate how Samsung boasts its (gimmicky) features and crap that the average Joe won't use, then someone comes up with this video:

Grinds my gears.
    08-22-2016 10:55 PM
    I ordered from Samsung on pre-order day. After 5 different stories as to when the phone will ship I cancel the order today. I was switching over from an iPhone 6S but looks like I am rethinking this decision. I hope it works out for everyone and I will be following this forum to see if I can be persuaded to make the switch.
    08-22-2016 11:10 PM
    Who really cares that the iPhone is faster. I own it for the S-Pen and the significantly better screen.

Also, name me gimmicky features that no one uses? Maybe I will grant you the Iris scanner, but thats it. YOU may not use certain things, but that doesn't have them lose value in the platform.

edit... and I'll take the android software experience over the iPhone one every day. Each to their own, but iOS is getting old. Starting to be the equivalent of windows XP.
    08-23-2016 12:13 AM
    Put switch operating systems and you will have the same result. There are things that Apple still can't do
    08-23-2016 12:26 AM
    I hate how Samsung boasts its (gimmicky) features and crap that the average Joe won't use, then someone comes up with this video:

Grinds my gears.
    They're just advertising what it can do. They can't advertise for everyone's uses -- just what it can do.
    08-23-2016 12:31 AM
    These speed test things have been discussed numerous times on here, and why in many ways they are meaningless.

One thing that really throws this specific comparison out the window? The iPhone 6s has a screen resolution that is slightly higher than HD (720p) at 1334x750, which comes out to 1,000,500 pixels. The Note 7 has a Quad HD display, aka 2k display, at 2560x1440, which comes out to 3,686,400 pixels. Do the math, that's over 3.5 times the resolution of the iPhone 6s (nearly 3.7 times to be exact). That alone makes this comparison pretty ridiculous.
    Dukins likes this.
    08-23-2016 12:40 AM
    These speed test things have been discussed numerous times on here, and why in many ways they are meaningless.

One thing that really throws this specific comparison out the window? The iPhone 6s has a screen resolution that is slightly higher than HD (720p) at 1334x750, which comes out to 1,000,500 pixels. The Note 7 has a Quad HD display, aka 2k display, at 2560x1440, which comes out to 3,686,400 pixels. Do the math, that's over 3.5 times the resolution of the iPhone 6s (nearly 3.7 times to be exact). That alone makes this comparison pretty ridiculous.
    That really means nothing if you know what you're talking about. But none of these matter, in real life usage the difference is minimal.
    08-23-2016 01:25 AM
    I'll just leave this here.
    erasat likes this.
    08-23-2016 02:07 AM
    Would you spend 800 on a phone over another just because it's a few secs quicker? Nope me neither
    08-23-2016 02:55 AM

Grinds my gears.
    Why are you getting your knickers in a twist. If you're happy with your iPhone stick with that and head on over to imore.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge
    08-23-2016 03:21 AM
    So I've never had an Android before; the Note 7 is first. My last phone was the iPhone 6 and I've always been die hard Apple fan that would never consider an Android phone because, well, iPhones are iPhones. The Note 7 stuck out me so much that I felt it was a phone worthy enough to finally make the switch and I'll tell you... I'm extremely happy with this phone. I wanted to break down the differences I found with regards to Pro's and Con's.

First off I want say that the iPhones are definitely more smooth and fluid, the whole "Lagdroid" thing is slightly true but not really to the point of annoyance. After playing Pokemon Go on both phones my iPhone 6 definitely gave me a more smooth and speedy experience (and that phone is two years old). Games with intense graphics also seem smoother on the iPhone. Also, IOS seems more intuitive and less complicated than Android.

Now before I get bashed by all the Samsung fans for my comments above I want to give some major kudos to my new phone. The display blows any iPhone out of the water... Me and my friends were watching the fight last night at Boston Pizza and I showed them a quad hd nature video and they were amazed and just wanted to stare at my display instead of watch the fight. The edge display doesn't have much practical use but damn does it sure look good. The bezels on the IPhone look like a cheap picture frame. I also loved how much freedom I have over everything and I don't have use iTunes to get music on my phone. After using Apple for so long I now feel like I got out of mobile device prison. I also love the Google play store, which is surprising because I always heard about how the App Store for iPhone was way better but I was able to re-download all the apps I had on my iPhone and the downloading was really fast.

In conclusion? I found iPhones are more fluid and faster (I never had the iPhone 6s Plus but I would bet it would beat my phone in a speed test). I also feel IOS is more intuitive and easier to use. My Note 7's display however blows the iPhone display out of the water by a large margin. The freedom I have is wonderful as well. At the end of the day what phone you want is up to you, but this Note 7 feels like a huge upgrade from my iPhone 6, and I'm really happy with my new purchase. Unless Apple does something crazy for the iPhone's 10th anniversary next year, I may stick with Samsung for a while.

Do you guys agree with my comparison? Feel free to discuss
    iPhone 6s plus convert here. Had the original droid and HTC EVO. Tried other phone here and there but always went back to the iPhone. The Note 7 really puts Apple further behind IMHO. Love my Note 7. I've had it since Friday. Yesterday at work was smooth as silk. Live the S Pen for marking up emails, drawings, pictures, etc. So far so good.
    08-23-2016 03:21 AM

Grinds my gears.
    yeah and it takes an engineering degree to copy your songs from your computer to your iPhone

This is coming from a person who still owns an iPhone SE as a backup device so I'm not biased towards Android but I couldn't care less if the iPhone is a bit faster in benchmarks, their stupid OS and how it works with iTunes will slow my whole workflow down
    anon(20073) likes this.
    08-23-2016 03:56 AM
    I will say after turning off the Wallpaper Motion Effect when setting a new wallpaper on the Note 7, my phone flies and is just as snappy as the iPhone 6S Plus I own. Before I turned that off, it was stuttering here and there and overall annoying me, but I turned that sucker off and all is well now.

It worked for me, hopefully it works for others.
    08-23-2016 04:30 AM
    Who really cares that the iPhone is faster. I own it for the S-Pen and the significantly better screen.

Also, name me gimmicky features that no one uses? Maybe I will grant you the Iris scanner, but thats it. YOU may not use certain things, but that doesn't have them lose value in the platform.

edit... and I'll take the android software experience over the iPhone one every day. Each to their own, but iOS is getting old. Starting to be the equivalent of windows XP.
    Not only the software, but the iPhone just doesn't have the design chops it used to. The 6 was fine and the S cycle is iterative of that, but if the 7 is yet again based off of those core design languages, they will have fallen a complete year behind Samsung in terms of hardware design.
    08-23-2016 05:58 AM
    Why are you getting your knickers in a twist. If you're happy with your iPhone stick with that and head on over to imore.

Posted from my pink gold S7 edge
    I knew a comment like this was coming. I actually own a Note 3, check my post history for reference. Just waiting for the perfect new phone to come out before I switch.

08-23-2016 06:07 AM
    I knew a comment like this was coming. I actually own a Note 3, check my post history for reference. Just waiting for the perfect new phone to come out before I switch.

You'll be waiting a very long time.
    verks likes this.
    08-23-2016 06:42 AM
    the speed is fine with me. you can change the animation speed or turn them off completely if you want it move faster.
    08-23-2016 06:46 AM
    08-23-2016 06:49 AM
    This is strictly "MHO" There will always be differences between the major device players, There will be people that love theirs and hate yours. Does my Note 7 do what I want it to do and have the features I wanted.... Yes or we would all not even be here in this forum.. Why stress over a "My Dog's better than your Dog" argument. I have been rocking the Note since the 1st one and my boss teased me (is that a phone or a VCR you are holding to your head?) it's my phone, Once you Go big you never go back!

Cheers
    BR
    08-23-2016 06:49 AM
112 12345