Bought The Note 7 After Being A Loyal iPhone User For Years... Here Are My Thoughts

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Battery is draining, is there full list of bloatware apps I should disable? Also, there is an AT&t update it keeps asking me, should I click update or not?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Also, I'm trying to charge it with USB cable connected to my computer and it only charged 3% in 20 minutes. Faulty battery?

Pc usb ports dont have enough power to charge your phone at an acceptable rate unless your motherboard has a "turbo" port specifically for charging phones. My asus board has it but I rarely use it.

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: This Stuff Gets to Me (Note 7 vs iPhone 6s)

So this is my issue. I went back to Note 7 because I use devices for Note taking and feature set but he nailed it when he said literally that the 6s+ blows away the Note 7 with it's battery endurance.

That's a big thing for me and after I switched back to Note 7 it was apparent.

I never had to top off my iPhone ever during the day but already I've done this each day I've had the Note. Oh well.
On another thread a few people were very defensive when I brought this up

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Pc usb ports dont have enough power to charge your phone at an acceptable rate unless your motherboard has a "turbo" port specifically for charging phones. My asus board has it but I rarely use it.

Thanks. So, what kind of charger would I need to buy for my car to get the most out of it?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

For Android, this is correct. For iPhones, USB ports on my Mac could always charge my iPhone in as much time as if I used the brick charger.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. So, what kind of charger would I need to buy for my car to get the most out of it?

One with 900 mA output. Stereo's with usb port tend to use 500 mA since they are usb 2.0 devices. Youll have better luck plugging a usb adapter into your lighter port and going from there.

For Android, this is correct. For iPhones, USB ports on my Mac could always charge my iPhone in as much time as if I used the brick charger.

All depends on the port type. usb 2.0 outputs 500 mA where as usb 3.0 outputs 900 mA.

BTW, I should have mentioned, if your pc has usb 3.0 ports and you must use a pc to charge, those will work a bit better. Still not equivalent to a wall adapter but decent enough.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
My brother's iPhone 6S Plus doesn't blow away my Note 5 with battery life.

In my experience it's the standby time that's so good on iOS. With my iPhone 6s Plus if I didn't charge at night my battery was at the same or maybe 1-2% points down. My Android phones have varied, but it's always lower. I also work in a place that only allows phone use on breaks or emergencies. My iPhones have always stayed above 96% over a 9 hour shift. My Android phones usually drop down to the lower 80%.

In actual usage I don't notice a huge difference between iPhone and Android. That standby can make a much bigger difference in overall time though.

anon(10000748)

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
In my experience it's the standby time that's so good on iOS. With my iPhone 6s Plus if I didn't charge at night my battery was at the same or maybe 1-2% points down. My Android phones have varied, but it's always lower. I also work in a place that only allows phone use on breaks or emergencies. My iPhones have always stayed above 96% over a 9 hour shift. My Android phones usually drop down to the lower 80%.

In actual usage I don't notice a huge difference between iPhone and Android. That standby can make a much bigger difference in overall time though.
I've had my phone off the charger for about 2.5 hours using navigation and music only and its already down to 65% I am not confident that it's going to last the remainder of the day. My iPhone I've been on three hour drives both ways had around the same battery life left over as i have right now after two and. Half hours

AhemThisGuy

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I've had my phone off the charger for about 2.5 hours using navigation and music only and its already down to 65% I am not confident that it's going to last the remainder of the day. My iPhone I've been on three hour drives both ways had around the same battery life left over as i have right now after two and. Half hours
Have you tried doing any battery/ device maintenance? I'm getting better battery now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463