Hi guys. I am seriously considering the note 7 but I have few concerns. GPS is one of them. I am very reliant on it and need it to work flawlessly just like on my iPhone SE. I've had a bad experience in the past with the galaxy line phones where GPS would fail, take too long to lock. lose the satellites all sorts of things. I also read that some edge 7 users have GPS problems too. Do any of you have any feedback on that? For example when I am exiting a tunnel I need my phone to quickly find the GPS fix. My iPhone does that in a second. All iPhones I had never failed me with GPS. Any feedback is appreciated. thank you.
    08-21-2016 03:25 PM
    I am curious about this too. I've had phones with bad GPS lock, where it would think I was on a side road at times and got very bad directions....that was on some old HTC and my s3 phones.....hoping this is more accurate
    08-21-2016 04:05 PM
    I have not had any issues. I used Navigation several times, worked great, as expected. GPS is great so far, was great on my Note 5 too. Older phones did have issues as I remember - and as you state - but no more for me. It's all good .. :-)
    Peter2015 likes this.
    08-21-2016 04:47 PM
    I use Google maps through android auto every single day and have had zero problems.
    Peter2015 likes this.
    08-21-2016 04:54 PM
    I use Google maps, waze and I geocache. All of them work well when I am navigating, but when Google maps is just marking where I am, it shows my movement in the wrong direction. I have had this problem in every note, and i have only test it once briefly.

Also noticed that google maps now shows a glowing direction rather than a specific arrow.
    08-21-2016 05:50 PM
    I've been having issues with GPS on my Galaxy Note 7. It will often drop out and say its searching for GPS signal while using drive mode on Google Maps. I have to off/on location to get it working again. I never had this problem with my Note 4.
    08-28-2016 06:08 PM
    To compare it to another device, I can tell you that it is worse than that in the S6 Edge. In my current office at work, I was able to receive a GPS signal on my S6 Edge, this is not the case with my Note 7 as I have to be outside the building to receive a signal with it. Kinda a bummer that they downgraded the GPS tech it seems...hopefully a software update will fix it or something...
    08-30-2016 02:11 PM
    I haven't had any issues either. Has worked great for me.
    08-30-2016 03:44 PM
    GPS has worked for me. I have used it a few times now and it didn't mess up or anything.
    08-30-2016 03:56 PM
    I've had major issues with it dropping as soon as I make my first turn! It's especially disappointing when I'm on the motorcycle because I can't use the screen to see my next turn.

I did have this same issue on my Note 4 for a long time!
    08-31-2016 06:58 AM
    In my experience the GPS on the Note 7 has been pretty consistent. My former Note 5, however, seemed to have a tendency to tell me I was in India when in fact I'm in NY. Never quite figured that one out.
    08-31-2016 07:21 AM
    Probably the best one I've used so far.

On my last phones, after launching a navigation app, with location services set to its most accurate setting, it takes a while to get a GPS lock and sometimes, I have to lean forward as a passenger to get a signal.

On my Note, GPS lock is almost instant after launching the navigation app and I can actually leave it next to me in my seat and still get a GPS lock.
    08-31-2016 07:28 AM
    The GPS has been behaving itself the past few days. So looking ok.
    09-02-2016 05:56 PM
    Shocking. Drive to work and the GPS doesnt move from the starting point through the entire trip - 62km....

It jumps around a lot and is constantly droping out. My note4 was way better. Not happy with the GPS on the note7 at all. Hoping a software ipdate will fix it because the s pen is incredibly good. Its the only reason i upgraded.

Hi guys. I am seriously considering the note 7 but I have few concerns. GPS is one of them. I am very reliant on it and need it to work flawlessly just like on my iPhone SE. I've had a bad experience in the past with the galaxy line phones where GPS would fail, take too long to lock. lose the satellites all sorts of things. I also read that some edge 7 users have GPS problems too. Do any of you have any feedback on that? For example when I am exiting a tunnel I need my phone to quickly find the GPS fix. My iPhone does that in a second. All iPhones I had never failed me with GPS. Any feedback is appreciated. thank you.
    09-08-2016 06:37 AM
    Mine is lightening fast as long as you have it set to High Accuracy. I was using my car GPS and tested it against the Note 7 and the Note 7 was faster bringing it up.
    09-08-2016 07:23 AM