How to enable Google Voice input instead of S Voice in the native message app?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
SVoice still not as good as Google. I was able to use Google for my Note 4 & 5, but can't enable it on my Note 7. Went to Language Input and Samsung keyboard. I even disabled SVoice.

1471817505361.jpg

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you say this, I cant figure it out either, but, it's grown on me significantly. I like the buttons on the bottom thar help during speech input

Tikal769

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Pull down the top quick menu and push select keyboard, then choose google voice typing. The problem is u have to do that every time. It wont stay set 😕Screenshot_20160821-203903.jpg

DroidDawgS4

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's funny you say this, I cant figure it out either, but, it's grown on me significantly. I like the buttons on the bottom thar help during speech input

I'd agree (because I like the buttons too) if Samsung's voice recognition was anywhere near as good as Google's.

DroidDawgS4

May 31, 2013
Visit site
BTW - As I noted in my post on a similar thread (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/591110-google-voice-typing-option-missing.html), Samsung has removed Google Voice Input in the N7. SwiftKey is one good option. Another is Swype (a version of which Samsung essentially uses). With the other keyboards, Google Voice Input will work.

As another note: Only Google Voice Input option will be available on Android/Google apps (eg Google Search, Settings Search, Play Store voice search, etc.) and Samsung Voice Input will be available on other apps.

techbota

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Ok I got it to work on my phone.

I disabled s voice in aplications.

then

I did what you said above and opened the messaging app and hit in the box to bring up the keyboard like im gonna type a message.

Then pull down notifications and select keyboard. (make sure its not on the charger because you wont see the options)

the unselect the option that says s voice.

for some reason it keeps s voice enabled there even though its off in applications

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you gone into Settings > General Management > Language and input > Text-to-speech > and then choose Google? Samsung was set on mine even though I prefer Google. Also go into the Google settings and make sure that a voice is set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax