08-25-2016 11:02 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    For me personally though, it is still $900. Doesn't matter if I'm paying it all at once or in chunks. People who choose to look at "just" monthly payments are not being smart about their Financials. Oh wait, yes, we live in the USA the land of credit cards and monthly payments. Sad, if you ask me.
    You are on the money.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Lepa79 likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:00 PM
    Have fun buddy. I just picked up the Note today. My iPhone 6S Plus is up for sale tomorrow. Good to see you again
    It's a beautiful smartphone. Have been having some fun with it. No complaints.
    08-23-2016 10:28 PM
    For me personally though, it is still $900. Doesn't matter if I'm paying it all at once or in chunks. People who choose to look at "just" monthly payments are not being smart about their Financials. Oh wait, yes, we live in the USA the land of credit cards and monthly payments. Sad, if you ask me.
    You still missed the point. It's not whether you or anyone feels one type of payment is better than another. It's the fact that no one MENTIONS the other methods of payment people use (and those other methods encompass the vast majority of all purchases), while judging the value of a phone specific only to a $900 up front cost.
    08-23-2016 10:31 PM
    You still missed the point. It's not whether you or anyone feels one type of payment is better than another. It's the fact that no one MENTIONS the other methods (which are the vast majority), while pontificating about the value of a phone specific only to a $900 up front cost.
    No I'm not missing the point. The phone costs $900 and will still cost $900 even if you do monthly payments. POINT. Cost is cost, and what people over here are taking about how much the phone costs not how you pay for it.

I say it again, if people have $900 to part with (payments or all up front), then more power to them and they should get the phone if that's what they want.
    Me on the other hand, I'll keep my $900. That will make me happy just like others who decided to buy it are happy too - every body win.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:37 PM
    No I'm not missing the point. The phone costs $900 and will still cost $900 even if you do monthly payments. POINT. Cost is cost, and what people over here are taking about how much the phone costs not how you pay for it.

I say it again, if people have $900 to part with (payments or all up front), then more power to them and they should get the phone if that's what they want.
    Me on the other hand, I'll keep my $900. That will make me happy just like others who decided to buy it are happy too - every body win.
    Oy vey. No one is arguing that you'll pay less overall with payment plans, and yet you continue to post as if someone is arguing differently. You said you got my point, but it doesn't seem so, and I won't reiterate it here. In any case, value is certainly specific to the individual, and we can agree on that it seems.
    08-23-2016 10:46 PM

I don't think many are saying it isn't a $900 phone -- but honestly if you compare most flagships and iPhones / whatnot it is the same price. It really is up the person if that $900 is worth it. Not for others to decide. Most of my friends/family keeps phones for like 3-4 years if possible.. I don't. Are either wrong? No .. They just have different interests than me.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:22 PM
    Also $900 + rebate + $200 free stuff = same price as that other stuff or close enough for hand grenade launchers in azeroth.
    08-23-2016 11:29 PM
    Seems like I just got the Note 5, not sure if I should upgrade to a Note 7. It is very dreamy to me, I love it. Although, I'd trade up in a second...it really is not in my budget. I was thinking of getting the S7 Edge? Any suggestions?
    I love the overall look of the Note 7 over the Note 5, size, color, water proof, MicroSD, everything.... but the lag frustrates me, my Note 5 ran a lot smoother, and was way louder, and seemed to me that the battery lasted longer? If the lag wasn't there, Note 7 all the way.
    08-25-2016 08:21 PM
    I traded in mine. My take is: I still paying for Note 5 on ATT Next plan, to me if I am still paying; mind as well continue to pay with the latest for Note 7. I know, I know... it is like leasing a car, I guess.
    08-25-2016 08:31 PM
    I love my note 5, but I went ahead and took the plunge. My 32gb of memory on my Note 5 was very limiting for all the pictures and apps I have. Plus the Coral Blue along with water resistance is very alluring. I am happy I moved up and my mom got a Note 5 out of it.
    08-25-2016 08:43 PM
    Seems like I just got the Note 5, not sure if I should upgrade to a Note 7. It is very dreamy to me, I love it. Although, I'd trade up in a second...it really is not in my budget. I was thinking of getting the S7 Edge? Any suggestions?
    Do you need the extra memory? If not I wouldn't recommend it.
    08-25-2016 09:24 PM
    I'm coming from the Note3 and here's my 2 cents... note 3 was still a great lag- Free phone with removable storage... I've got Verizon udp so I'm a power user at 50-70gb a month

I absolutely LOVE the screen and resolution of the phone - Note 5 is similar I believe

Absolutely love the camera - Note 5 is similar

The rest of the features are great but not worth an upgrade... I am seriously impressed with the iris scanner tech - almost as convenient as the fingerprint reader

Bottom line if you only have 32gb of storage in note 5 then you will probably appreciate the upgrade but if you have the 64gb then I doubt the few features are worth it to you..

That's my 2 cents... fyi I kept the note 3 as a backup because I've literally had zero issues with the phone
    I could have written exactly tye same things if I had your skill of narrowing it down to most key points. Couldn't agree more.
    08-25-2016 09:29 PM
    I don't think many are saying it isn't a $900 phone -- but honestly if you compare most flagships and iPhones / whatnot it is the same price. It really is up the person if that $900 is worth it. Not for others to decide. Most of my friends/family keeps phones for like 3-4 years if possible.. I don't. Are either wrong? No .. They just have different interests than me.
    Thank you!
    08-25-2016 11:02 PM
88 ... 234