I have a Note 5, Should I upgrade?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No I'm not missing the point. The phone costs $900 and will still cost $900 even if you do monthly payments. POINT. Cost is cost, and what people over here are taking about how much the phone costs not how you pay for it.

I say it again, if people have $900 to part with (payments or all up front), then more power to them and they should get the phone if that's what they want.
Me on the other hand, I'll keep my $900. That will make me happy just like others who decided to buy it are happy too :) - every body win.

I don't think many are saying it isn't a $900 phone -- but honestly if you compare most flagships and iPhones / whatnot it is the same price. It really is up the person if that $900 is worth it. Not for others to decide. Most of my friends/family keeps phones for like 3-4 years if possible.. I don't. Are either wrong? No .. They just have different interests than me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also $900 + rebate + $200 free stuff = same price as that other stuff or close enough for hand grenade launchers in azeroth.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Seems like I just got the Note 5, not sure if I should upgrade to a Note 7. It is very dreamy to me, I love it. Although, I'd trade up in a second...it really is not in my budget. I was thinking of getting the S7 Edge? Any suggestions?

I love the overall look of the Note 7 over the Note 5, size, color, water proof, MicroSD, everything.... but the lag frustrates me, my Note 5 ran a lot smoother, and was way louder, and seemed to me that the battery lasted longer? If the lag wasn't there, Note 7 all the way.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I traded in mine. My take is: I still paying for Note 5 on ATT Next plan, to me if I am still paying; mind as well continue to pay with the latest for Note 7. I know, I know... it is like leasing a car, I guess.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I love my note 5, but I went ahead and took the plunge. My 32gb of memory on my Note 5 was very limiting for all the pictures and apps I have. Plus the Coral Blue along with water resistance is very alluring. I am happy I moved up and my mom got a Note 5 out of it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems like I just got the Note 5, not sure if I should upgrade to a Note 7. It is very dreamy to me, I love it. Although, I'd trade up in a second...it really is not in my budget. I was thinking of getting the S7 Edge? Any suggestions?
Do you need the extra memory? If not I wouldn't recommend it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from the Note3 and here's my 2 cents... note 3 was still a great lag- Free phone with removable storage... I've got Verizon udp so I'm a power user at 50-70gb a month

I absolutely LOVE the screen and resolution of the phone - Note 5 is similar I believe

Absolutely love the camera - Note 5 is similar

The rest of the features are great but not worth an upgrade... I am seriously impressed with the iris scanner tech - almost as convenient as the fingerprint reader

Bottom line if you only have 32gb of storage in note 5 then you will probably appreciate the upgrade but if you have the 64gb then I doubt the few features are worth it to you..

That's my 2 cents... fyi I kept the note 3 as a backup because I've literally had zero issues with the phone
I could have written exactly tye same things if I had your skill of narrowing it down to most key points. Couldn't agree more.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think many are saying it isn't a $900 phone -- but honestly if you compare most flagships and iPhones / whatnot it is the same price. It really is up the person if that $900 is worth it. Not for others to decide. Most of my friends/family keeps phones for like 3-4 years if possible.. I don't. Are either wrong? No .. They just have different interests than me.

Thank you!