08-25-2016 03:11 PM
234 ... 8910
tools
    But .. Flesky was too big .
    Way too big for me. My lag with SwiftKey comes and goes, never lasts long.
    08-24-2016 01:41 PM
    Don't have a 7, but I use Google Keyboard on the 5. As for the article itself...I'd almost take that with a grain of salt. As said earlier, XDA usually prefers a device that can be unlocked and rooted.
    08-24-2016 01:43 PM
    Welcome back - let's please try to stay on topic, don't attack people, don't argue over dumb stuff and follow the PUPPAH guidelines. I have it on good authority that VDub2174 is reading this thread, so let's try to keep him calm. It makes me sad when he gets all riled up.

#FearTheV
    Just going to quote this again to bring it back in the forefront since I had to clean some posts. Maybe some missed it? Not sure. Please see above.

Thanks.
    Aquila, D13H4RD2L1V3 and VDub2174 like this.
    08-24-2016 02:01 PM
    Android Police posted its review too and they also mention that performance was not on par with other phones. They did love the phone though.

"While the Note7 isn't a*slowphone, it's slower than other Snapdragon 820 devices."
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Andro...3/dwuXqSwP9-4/
    08-25-2016 09:28 AM
    Android Police posted its review too and they also mention that performance was not on par with other phones. They did love the phone though. "While the Note7 isn't a*slowphone, it's slower than other Snapdragon 820 devices."
    Tesla just announced that it is updating the Model X 'P' model with the same new running gear that the Model S 'P'.... OH MY GOD, the Model X lags like crazy, taking nearly 20% longer to get to 60 as the S, which has the same running gear.

Granted, it still does it in 2.9 seconds.... but the S is nearly a half second quicker!

So.. no reason to cry foul.
    08-25-2016 01:55 PM
    if i could curse here, i gotta bag full of them for xda. who gaf except we who own them.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-25-2016 02:16 PM
    The Note 7 Still Delivers Embarrassing Real-World Performance

I wonder why many publications, including Android Central do not mention these issues..

I wouldn't expect anything better from a Samsung device. Touchwiz is still a badly written software that makes Android look bloated and bad.
    I only trust AnandTech and XDA. Both are less than impressed with the Note 7.

I wish that people stop listening to the marketing hype and stop supporting Samsung. There are so many devices out there that are better.
    I resumed my romance with Samsung with the Galaxy S2 and never looked back(to Nokia). Used S2-5 and crossed over to the Note 4. Still love it. I read the XDA article and think they raised several interesting points. It must be noted they opined that Samsung would solve some of the illustrated problems with later updates. Will the XDA opinion deter me from buying the Note 7? No. Because I've decided the pros of the phone(for me) still outweigh the cons including its price.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-25-2016 02:39 PM
    It comes down to this.. Does the phone do what you want and you enjoy it?

Yes? Then use your phone and enjoy it.

No? Don't buy it.

Samsung phones work for me. With everything I am pretty much a brand specific person. I still eat the same potato chips and mustard brand, even batteries, I grew up on. I find a brand I like for everything and I don't switch if and until I don't like it anymore.
    This is the most sane post I've read in this thread. For God's sake if you don't like Samsung, don't buy Samsung! How much simpler could it be?! The people over at XDA are like the car or the motorcycle gearheads that have to nit pick every. single. spec. It's so tedious that I have vowed to stop reading any and all of that crap.

I love the Note 7, I just did 6 hours SoT yesterday with 19 hours on battery, I'm ecstatic! I got 2.5 hours SoT with the Note 5 and barely 9 hours on battery. I have NO complaints at all!
    Wiley_11, Kelly Kearns and Aquila like this.
    08-25-2016 02:53 PM
    We are going to close this down (instead of merging it all) and use one thread for the lag issue. No needs for 2-3-4 threads about it .

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...elievable.html

Thanks.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    08-25-2016 03:11 PM
234 ... 8910