Xda-Developers paints a different picture of the Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The Note 7 Still Delivers Embarrassing Real-World Performance

I wonder why many publications, including Android Central do not mention these issues..

I wouldn't expect anything better from a Samsung device. Touchwiz is still a badly written software that makes Android look bloated and bad.
I only trust AnandTech and XDA. Both are less than impressed with the Note 7.

I wish that people stop listening to the marketing hype and stop supporting Samsung. There are so many devices out there that are better.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Now that the Note 7 is in the hands of customers, THOSE are the opinions I trust. Not haters who only post here to spread negativity.

If you don't like Samsung, why in the world are you so preoccupied with them and their phones?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm my opinion all the phones that are faster then the note are running bare bones andriod.....Which I don't like compared to the skinned verison samsung created.....To eaches own but I rather have a better presentation then a couple of milliseconds of performance ...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It was a good read, but I agree everyone make up their own opinion based on your own usage. If your used to lots of flagships then minor stuff may be noticeable but for majority who are coming from much older devices won't notice a thing. Add to that carrier customization, and various other factors should be considered. I don't think this debate will ever end. It's up to you to decide if it's worth $850, sure there are great devices at lower prices and I'm glad there are options which can help push the bar on these higher cost devices and what they can offer.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Also as far we supporting Samsung, doesn't matter if we nerds buy or not. The common man buy's Samsung or Apple and their marketing machine is in full flow. You got to give credit to Samsung where due, they have stepped with Galaxy devices this year big time. They are iterating and refining their hardware quickly and on top of their design game. Sure their software isn't the smoothest but at the same time it has progressed a lot and way way better than it was before. One thing I would like them to improve is taking total control of their brand and messaging. Still too many variants and experiences of their flagship across the world. I would like them to see galaxy experience irrespective of where or which carrier you buy. People won't care about this but Samsung knows it'll be a better experience for the user if they can control software like Apple does. I know never going to happen but one can only wish for one galaxy experience everywhere in the world like iPhones/iOS.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Also as far we supporting Samsung, doesn't matter if we nerds buy or not. The common man buy's Samsung or Apple and their marketing machine is in full flow. You got to give credit to Samsung where due, they have stepped with Galaxy devices this year big time. They are iterating and refining their hardware quickly and on top of their design game. Sure their software isn't the smoothest but at the same time it has progressed a lot and way way better than it was before. One thing I would like them to improve is taking total control of their brand and messaging. Still too many variants and experiences of their flagship across the world. I would like them to see galaxy experience irrespective of where or which carrier you buy. People won't care about this but Samsung knows it'll be a better experience for the user if they can control software like Apple does. I know never going to happen but one can only wish for one galaxy experience everywhere in the world like iPhones/iOS.

and they gave us what we want in the Note 7 vs the not so great Note 5, more internal memory, great camera, improved S Pen, memory card slot. It's the best phone out there. To me at least

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hmm well i seen that N7 memory management is poor, losing even to 3gb devices like 6P, S7 is slightly better but far from ideal.
Best ram management was on Note 5 with Arter97 kernel, nothing got reloaded unless you really open 3 heavy games in background.

Note 7 does seems to suffer from performance issues, though it seems it tied to specific conditions, let's see how it will go, might hold off it now.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I came from the S7 edge to the Note 7 on launch day last Friday. I've owned every iteration of the Galaxy S phone but this is my first Note. I've also been pretty critical of Samsung's software experience in the past because they just can't seem to get around that performance bugaboo. But I keep coming back to them because I enjoy having the best camera and screen a phone can have.

Now, having said that, the Note 7 is noticeably quicker than the S7e I just came from. They've also made several changes to the software UX, from various apps to the app icons and especially the notification shade. I know its only been a couple days so far but for now I'm legitimately enjoying using this phone.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that the Note 7 is in the hands of customers, THOSE are the opinions I trust. Not haters who only post here to spread negativity.

If you don't like Samsung, why in the world are you so preoccupied with them and their phones?
I am just bothered to see a company enjoy success when it does not really deserve it. Unfortunately nobody is paying me to speak negatively about Samsung. I wish somebody did though.
Samsung has some great technology, but their software is lame.
Anyway, I think it is important that people do not buy into the hype that many blogs are creating. I wish that tech publications were more objective. That's the only reason I posted that. I want that people understand what Samsung is really offering and not think that there is nothing else out there.
Everybody has his own opinion and that is good. This is just my opinion.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Snapdragon performance issues (XDA)

According this article the Note 7 is suffering from some very noticeable software performance lag after some more extended usage compared to other SD820 devices.

Can any Note owners confirm this + state which SoC you're using (Snapdragon or Exynos)?

Potential buyer here interested in knowing.

I've been using a Note 7 with Snapdragon 820 and also own a Z Force Droid with Snapdragon 820. Nothing scientific - and certainly not nearly as detailed as what XDA did - but the Z Force experience is snappier. (Better battery life too.) Now, I was willing to chalk that up to the fact that I've had the Z Force for a little while and the Note 7 was still settling in, but honestly, after reading that article, that might not be the case. That is quite a missive XDA has authored there.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that XDA will never like any phone that is not easy to root, and generally only like phones that are very close to stock android. They will look for reasons to hate anything else.

--RICH

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There have been several new Android users in this forum who have have loved their new N7, but have commented that their new phone is not as fluid as their old iPhone. People in this forum advised them to remove or disable the bloat wear, but that hasn't worked for some of these new adroid N7 users. So, the review here about performance may have some substance. That isn't to say that the N7 isn't any good. It just means it might be disapointing to some, in regard to fluidity, depending on the phone they had before. Coming from another Samsung, it sounds as though you would be less likely to notice this.

I think it unfair for anyone to bash the OP for pointing out a negative review here. This forum is not just a love in for those who already purchased the N7. It also a forum for those who are considering this phone for purchase and are trying to gather as much information, pro and con, why this or some other phone would be better suited for them.

Posted via the Android Central App

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I wonder why many publications, including Android Central do not mention these issues..

I wouldn't expect anything better from a Samsung device. Touchwiz is still a badly written software that makes Android look bloated and bad.
I only trust AnandTech and XDA. Both are less than impressed with the Note 7.

I wish that people stop listening to the marketing hype and stop supporting Samsung. There are so many devices out there that are better.

Also, you assume that everyone here is about as dumb as a box of rocks and can't make up our own minds.
There is no perfect phone and people spend their money on what they want. We don't need, AnandTech, XDA, you, me, Android Central, etc... to tell us what we should and should not buy. I buy what I want use and make up my own mind.

By the way I do 100% agree with this "The only audience I can really recommend this to are people that are absolutely set on a Samsung phablet, and even then if you won’t miss the S-Pen I think the S7 edge is pretty much the same experience for 100-200 USD less when the extra money gets you so little other than an extra 32GB of internal storage".

That is unless you want Black. :cool: which I did so it was worth the extra $100 to me. I don't give a fig about the S-Pen. Best phone I ever owned was a Lumia 1520 that thing was a tank. I just wish Microsoft had a good smartwatch solution and I'd still be a WindowsPhone user.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Snapdragon performance issues (XDA)

Coming from the S7 Edge, out the box I noticed slight performances issue and battery life. Keyboard lag was definitely noticeable and I had some freeze up.

After a few days and reboots the phone has been performing much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debeon