Xda-Developers paints a different picture of the Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, people still buy these garbage sammy phones? Performance issues will always be an issue with samsung no matter what. They have the worse memory management and the worst software skin on top of that. Android isn't the reason. Just take a look at the HTC's, LG's, MOTO's NEXUSes, they all run circles around samsung. Sometimes One even wonders if its just them that make android phones. Of course vulnerable and ignorant average fans fall for the Marketing ads and sammy soldiers (fanboys) buy them no matter what. Parthetic phone manufacturers.

There is reason to believe that the Note 7 will be the best selling phone of this year. It must suck for you to believe that everybody in the world is wrong and only you are right

--RICH

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It is faster than my Note 5. On sprint it holds actual signal better than my note 5. The battery is better than my Note 5. The camera is better than my n Note 5. I took underwater pictures with it yesterday. My note 5 drowned when it fell in a bucket for 5 seconds. The overall experience is far more fluid / smooth than my Note 5. It has removable storage. It makes phone calls that I can here clearly. It has the best screen there is to my eyes. I think it's frigging wonderful with one exception.....the damned curved edges that nobody will probably ever be able to make a perfect glass screen protector for. It is the only drawback that I can find because I detest film screen protectors. Samsung OEM's are on the way. We shall see how they work out.

I completely enjoy XDA....but those folks are not the average user. Not even high end users. They are in the possessed
hardware and software geek realm......which is just fine :) To each their own.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There is reason to believe that the Note 7 will be the best selling phone of this year. It must suck for you to believe that everybody in the world is wrong and only you are right

--RICH

I like my Note 7, but there's no way it'll be the best selling of the year. That'll either go to one of the S7's or on of the 6s's.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

--RICH

There is? I mean it's pretty awesome, but it's not even going to be the best selling flagship, right? Not even the best Android flagship. Let alone the best selling phone?

The best single selling phone will likely be something that costs near the value of $100 and is available predominately in China and India.
The best selling phone in the west is probably going to be ... a low to midrange Samsung would be my guess, but who knows. Probably something that's roughly moto G priced with Samsung's name on it. That or it's going to be the iPhone from 2 years ago, whichever that is.
The best selling high end phone will be the iPhone 6s or 6s+ followed by the iPhone whatever this year is followed by the S7, then S7 Edge, then probably ... the iPhone 6, then 6+, then S6, then S6 Edge, then maybe Note 5, iPhone SE is up there ... then Note 5 will have more 2016 sales than the Note 7 ... so if the Note 7 were in the top 10 flagships this year, I'd be rather shocked. Most ... awesomest phone released in August? Probably. Sales? Nah.

TLDR: List of phones, western available flagships that I think will probably outsell the Note 7 for 2016 sales:
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5

So my guesstimate is that the Note 7 will be in the top 15 at best, probably 20 best selling flagships of this year.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm just providing links to other stories to add to the original since it seems on topic than to create unnecessary posts. We should be hearing more long term reviews and learn more about the Note 7.

The Note 7 is still my top phone choice for next purchase... but I'm willing to hear/read all the critiques positive and negatives.

Love the design.... the best out there and feels great. Love the screen, the s-pen and its features, the camera and other software features like secure folder and water resistance....

Spec wise I know it's basically the same as the S7/edge so didn't expect it to run significantly faster and maybe expected same or less since tad smaller battery over edge and bigger display usually means more power used.

So better design, S-pen and some other software features... but worth the $900 price tag over the edge? An s-pen worth $500 over a ZTE 7 with same 820 processor and other specs compareable or better (audio chip and speakers)?

i was pretty excited before launch I had decided I'd pay $900 price. Now... personally I wouldn't. But I'll pay $600 for it. But I have time to wait and see more reviews on it and even see what the Nexus' have to offer and even the iPhone 7.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Rather than people complain about the N7 and lag (that I am not seeing, anywhere near XDA assertions), just buy another device. Simple and dwell free.

I thought XDA people were tech smart, yet seem to forget the code translation layer, cache manager and memory address issues systemic to Android. Just get another device folks and be happy.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Almost seems a self righteous article and almost agenda driven. Almost.
Honestly, I thought the article was satire at first.

Best response to the alleged "performance issues" is I simply don't care.

No mention of camera. No mention of multi window. No mention of Samsung Pay. No mention of water resistance.

As if I'm going to give all that up to open gmail 0.1 seconds faster. What a laughable review, those folks over at XDA are a truly a caricature of themselves.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love the Note 7. In the last year I have had Sony, LG 4, Nexus 6 and 6P, and the Axon 7. I can find positive and negative things about all of these phone, including the Note 7. When it comes down to it for me, alot of the features in GN7 are great. When I get a phone without these features, I have to go to the Play Store just to find apps that will give me the features I want. So no matter what a tech says about a phone, if the phone works for you, get it and don't worry about it. There will always be better out there but only you knows what is best for you.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Samsung devices have their own merits. UI performance isn't everything. For instance, I don't have an S-Pen with my Nexus 6P and I don't have a fantastic native camera app with manual controls.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The only reason why I don't like Samsung is because it gives apple fan boys reason to hate android. Samsung is apparently the most prominent face of android. Which it shouldn't be in any way. Thats the reason why when people face issues they do not bash Samsung, they call android laggy and inconsistent.

Stock android isn't what Samsung is. It doesn't have these problems. Its fluid and coherent and works consistently. But people buy what's sold the most. They buy Samsung. And they end up hating android.

The only reason.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The only reason why I don't like Samsung is because it gives apple fan boys reason to hate android. Samsung is apparently the most prominent face of android. Which it shouldn't be in any way. Thats the reason why when people face issues they do not bash Samsung, they call android laggy and inconsistent.

Stock android isn't what Samsung is. It doesn't have these problems. Its fluid and coherent and works consistently. But people buy what's sold the most. They buy Samsung. And they end up hating android.

The only reason.
I wouldn't say that is necessarily the case. I know many people who have Samsung devices that they really like, and they don't hate Android or Samsung.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There is? I mean it's pretty awesome, but it's not even going to be the best selling flagship, right? Not even the best Android flagship. Let alone the best selling phone?

The best single selling phone will likely be something that costs near the value of $100 and is available predominately in China and India.
The best selling phone in the west is probably going to be ... a low to midrange Samsung would be my guess, but who knows. Probably something that's roughly moto G priced with Samsung's name on it. That or it's going to be the iPhone from 2 years ago, whichever that is.
The best selling high end phone will be the iPhone 6s or 6s+ followed by the iPhone whatever this year is followed by the S7, then S7 Edge, then probably ... the iPhone 6, then 6+, then S6, then S6 Edge, then maybe Note 5, iPhone SE is up there ... then Note 5 will have more 2016 sales than the Note 7 ... so if the Note 7 were in the top 10 flagships this year, I'd be rather shocked. Most ... awesomest phone released in August? Probably. Sales? Nah.

TLDR: List of phones, western available flagships that I think will probably outsell the Note 7 for 2016 sales:
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s+, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge, Note 5

So my guesstimate is that the Note 7 will be in the top 15 at best, probably 20 best selling flagships of this year.

Articles I read said that the s7 had been the year's best selling smart phone. Evidence now shows that it's even harder to keep the note 7 in stock than it was the s7.

--RICH

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Why do people that have such a deep hate for Samsung products hang out in a Samsung product forum?

I could be wrong, but it my understanding that the N7 forum is not just a Love-in for the N7. You can choose to love or hate here as long as you can respect others right to do the same.

The N7 is still a very new model that all of us are getting to know. Many of us here, including myself, haven't yet made a decision to buy a N7. We are gathering information. So we are as much interested in hearing why you decided to buy this phone and are loving it, as well as the other side who have already decided why it isn't the phone for them. BTW, I haven't read that anyone on the other side say they hated this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe apple sold about 40 million iPhones in the last QUARTER. Reading an article, it said Samsung was on track to sell 25 Million S7/S7 Edges by the END OF YEAR. Huge difference between quarter and year. When you read an article and they mention best selling phone, they could be talking best selling Android phone.

They are having problems keeping the Note 7 in stock because they underestimated demand but imagine we're only talking in single digit millions which is nothing to sneeze at.

Articles I read said that the s7 had been the year's best selling smart phone. Evidence now shows that it's even harder to keep the note 7 in stock than it was the s7.

--RICH

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I could be wrong, but it my understanding that the N7 forum is not just a Love-in for the N7. You can choose to love or hate here as long as you can respect others right to do the same.

The N7 is still a very new model that all of us are getting to know. Many of us here, including myself, haven't yet made a decision to buy a N7. We are gathering information. So we are as much interested in hearing why you decided to buy this phone and are loving it, as well as the other side who have already decided why it isn't the phone for them. BTW, I haven't read that anyone on the other side say they hated this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
I do not hate the Note 7. Why should I?
I just don't like some things about it. I wanted to point out what the potential problems are.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I believe apple sold about 40 million iPhones in the last QUARTER. Reading an article, it said Samsung was on track to sell 25 Million S7/S7 Edges by the END OF YEAR. Huge difference between quarter and year. When you read an article and they mention best selling phone, they could be talking best selling Android phone.

They are having problems keeping the Note 7 in stock because they underestimated demand but imagine we're only talking in single digit millions which is nothing to sneeze at.

You have to remember though. That's total iPhones, not one particular model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad