New to Android Lots of Questions

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I just got the galaxy note 7 after having an iPhone for several years. I am LOVING almost everything about the note 7, however, I have lots of questions and know I am not using it to its full potential. I hope I don't ask too many "dumb" questions and I hope to learn a lot here.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just got the galaxy note 7 after having an iPhone for several years. I am LOVING almost everything about the note 7, however, I have lots of questions and know I am not using it to its full potential. I hope I don't ask too many "dumb" questions and I hope to learn a lot here.

Welcome to the light side! Nice to see you dropped your proprietary piece of Apple....Well we won't go there.
No question is stupid, So Ask away we are all happy to help in any way we can

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the light side! Nice to see you dropped your proprietary piece of Apple....Well we won't go there.
No question is stupid, So Ask away we are all happy to help in any way we can

LOL Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning lots!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am in the same boat as the OP, my new note 7 is my first Android phone. Hope the OP does not mind if I throw out the first newbie question I had, is there a way to remove the Verizon splash screen when you turn the phone on?

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Congratulations on your great decision! And, please, go ahead with your questions, it is the best way to learn...

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I am in the same boat as the OP, my new note 7 is my first Android phone. Hope the OP does not mind if I throw out the first newbie question I had, is there a way to remove the Verizon splash screen when you turn the phone on?

No the carrier implanted that into the phone. All carriers have their own version of their logo coming on the screen when turning on the phone because these phones are branded to the carrier. The only way you won't see a carrier logo come on is if you were to get a factory unlocked version of the Note 7

Posted via the Android Central App

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
No the carrier implanted that into the phone. All carriers have their own version of their logo coming on the screen when turning on the phone because these phones are branded to the carrier. The only way you won't see a carrier logo come on is if you were to get a factory unlocked version of the Note 7

Oh well, coming from Apple I guess I just have to get used to it. How often do I re-start my phone anyway.

Another question how do I move the Google, Samsung and Verizon folders on the apps page. They show up first and I would rather have them on the last page.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

It can't be any worse than the T-mobile splash screen - bright white background with magenta text. It'll burn your retinas in a dark room.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Here is another question, so there is a Contacts app on my Note 7, I assume this is the "stock" contacts app, does that mean it is an android app or a Samsung app?
Also it has an entry for "My Profile" how do I change or delete that entry. I imported my contacts from my iPhone and I would like my entry from that to be my profile.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Here is another question, so there is a Contacts app on my Note 7, I assume this is the "stock" contacts app, does that mean it is an android app or a Samsung app?
Also it has an entry for "My Profile" how do I change or delete that entry. I imported my contacts from my iPhone and I would like my entry from that to be my profile.

The contacts app is stock Android. But it conforms to Samsung's Touchwiz.
You can't delete the MY PROFILE, best suggestion would be to just put your info in there and delete the one that came over form your iphone

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
In regards to the Provider logo on the splash screen at load up. Guess I am glad I am with Telus in Canada. There is absolutely no markings on the phone or a logo on startup that plasters their name anywhere. Love that about them

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh well, coming from Apple I guess I just have to get used to it. How often do I re-start my phone anyway.

Another question how do I move the Google, Samsung and Verizon folders on the apps page. They show up first and I would rather have them on the last page.

It can't be any worse than the T-mobile splash screen - bright white background with magenta text. It'll burn your retinas in a dark room.

Trust me, when I first moved from Apple to Samsung, it took a bit to get used to, but eventually, it stopped bothering me as much. I'm with AT&T so the splash screen is super bright white with the blue logo lol (at least on the S7E, it is. I just restarted my sister's Note 7 to see and the background is black this time instead of white and it actually plays the annoying AT&T sound, but on my S7E, it doesn't).

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
The contacts app is stock Android. But it conforms to Samsung's Touchwiz.
You can't delete the MY PROFILE, best suggestion would be to just put your info in there and delete the one that came over form your iphone

thanks, i was afraid that was the answer. wonder where "my profile" even gets its info from.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Like many other OSs, it used to be recommended to restart (reboot) periodically an android phone. I have not heard of that in a while, but just to be on the safe side, I reboot mine about once a week.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I found it annoying to have to keep clicking the “show images” button in the stock mail app. If you look under combined view (where it list you email account separately), click settings, click the email account and there is a show images slider that will make them always show in the emails.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I set up Samsung pay yesterday and went to use it today and it was gone (like i had never set up my card). The only thing i did was to remove my SIM for a while, would removing the sim have caused this? If not has anyone else seen this happen.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I found it annoying to have to keep clicking the “show images” button in the stock mail app. If you look under combined view (where it list you email account separately), click settings, click the email account and there is a show images slider that will make them always show in the emails.

Stock app sucks, use the GMAIL app, it supports any email account you throw at it

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670