On my LG G4 I used to use Google Keyboard, which was great and all, but I like the number row along to top that the Samsung keyboard offers. Anyways, for whatever reason, the Samsung keyboard refuses to auto-capatilize "i". In addition, it doesn't automatically put in an apostrophe when I type contractions like "dont". Anyone know how to fix this? I have auto check spelling, predictive text, and auto capitalize on in the settings.
    08-22-2016 09:58 AM
    On my LG G4 I used to use Google Keyboard, which was great and all, but I like the number row along to top that the Samsung keyboard offers. Anyways, for whatever reason, the Samsung keyboard refuses to auto-capatilize "i". In addition, it doesn't automatically put in an apostrophe when I type contractions like "dont". Anyone know how to fix this? I have auto check spelling, predictive text, and auto capitalize on in the settings.
    I noticed the apostrophe issue when typing, but it does seem to capitalize I for me. I also noticed using swipe it does insert apostrophes. Weird.
    08-22-2016 10:02 AM
    I'm back on Google Keyboard until I find a fix. It was too frustrating.
    msm0511 likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:09 AM
    I'm back on Google Keyboard until I find a fix. It was too frustrating.
    I'm trying to stick with Samsung's for now. I found Google Keyboard extremely frustrating for a few weeks until it finally learned my typing style. Aesthetically Google's looks nicer, but I like all the long press for special characters on Samsung's.
    08-22-2016 10:22 AM
    Mine is worse than yours. Has to be a software bug
    08-22-2016 10:24 AM
    I'm trying to stick with Samsung's for now. I found Google Keyboard extremely frustrating for a few weeks until it finally learned my typing style. Aesthetically Google's looks nicer, but I like all the long press for special characters on Samsung's.
    Google has long press for special characters. It's turned off by default (god knows why) but look in the settings, you'll find it.
    08-22-2016 10:48 AM
    Google has long press for special characters. It's turned off by default (god knows why) but look in the settings, you'll find it.
    Thanks! I've never really dug into the settings other than color.
    08-22-2016 10:49 AM
    Thanks! I've never really dug into the settings other than color.
    Yeah I know those settings by heart. Dug around for half an hour trying to find a way to add a dedicated number row (the only reason I want to use Samsung Keyboard). No dice.
    08-22-2016 11:02 AM