Features you miss from your previous phone

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a Windows phone (Lumia 950XL), I have to say I miss the ability to have WiFi turn back after a specified period of time. When you turn off wifi, you can select "turn back on automatically in x hours" (or days, I believe). The night mode on my glance screen was nice, too. The biggest thing, though, was the app integration Cortana had: "Hey, Cortana: Pandora play playlist Dream Theater" or "Hey Cortana, OK Realarm wake me up in half an hour". The ability of developers to register specific commands for their app made for some great hands free use. I'm assuming that doesn't exist in Google Now since most of the list of commands I see aren't app specific. I'm also assuming that Android will get there someday.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I miss one fingered screenshots and being able to get to the notification bar from the bottom. I had the Lg v10

I miss those 2 big things the mosf

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone, I really miss iMessage. It was absolutely nightmarish to get out of, but I really miss getting messages on my computer as well as on my phone. Other than paying for Pushbullet, I haven't found a way around that obstacle yet. However, I do love all that I've gained with the Galaxy.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Removable battery. IR blaster. The S notes were better on my note edge also. The saved notes looked like books and you could change the "paper" type when you wrote. Definitely miss the edge itself. Much more useful.

sndtubes

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I miss the flat screen. Not liking the curved edges at all. I also miss the changeable battery and ir blaster from the Note 4. But I still have the Note 4.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I miss Moto's crime display. And I miss having good speakers. My last two phones were the M8 and the Moto X Pure, so the speakers on here are an enormous downgrade from what I've had for the last like 2 years.

avivzan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The things I believe missing to make this phone the best one of all is first 4K screen for better VR cause you probably notice how visible are the pixels even in QHD screen when you put it in the VR Headset, second 6GB fo RAM because we always need more of RAM specially with VR, and third is the IR blaster, because there still plenty of devices in our day to day that use IR and we still have them so why do we need to give up our comfort using the phone to control them.
p.s.
one more thing i would like to have even though it's not a feature available in any phone yet it's UFS Card support in the note 7 specially when samsung are the one that launched this card.
and of course stereo speakers are always good thing to have even though not so important to me specifically.

Last edited:

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
This may sound rather simple, but probably the feature I miss most, that went away quite a few versions of TW ago.... Was voice control for the Alarm.

Whhhhhhhy oh why would they ever need to get rid of such a simple, yet amazing feature. Being able to just say "stop" or "snooze" when your alarm goes off....is (well, was) amazingly freaking awesome.

Please Samsung, bring back the voice controled alarm.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone, I really miss iMessage. It was absolutely nightmarish to get out of, but I really miss getting messages on my computer as well as on my phone. Other than paying for Pushbullet, I haven't found a way around that obstacle yet. However, I do love all that I've gained with the Galaxy.

If you have a Windows PC running windows 10 you can install Cortana on your Note and your text messages will show up on your WIndows PC.

djarchow

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Windows phone (Lumia 950XL), I have to say I miss the ability to have WiFi turn back after a specified period of time. When you turn off wifi, you can select "turn back on automatically in x hours" (or days, I believe). The night mode on my glance screen was nice, too. The biggest thing, though, was the app integration Cortana had: "Hey, Cortana: Pandora play playlist Dream Theater" or "Hey Cortana, OK Realarm wake me up in half an hour". The ability of developers to register specific commands for their app made for some great hands free use. I'm assuming that doesn't exist in Google Now since most of the list of commands I see aren't app specific. I'm also assuming that Android will get there someday.

Also coming from Windows Phone, I miss the app integration with Cortana as well as the great bluetooth integration with my car without having to have Android Auto or Car Play. It was great having Cortana tell me via my cars bluetooth that I had a text and then reading it to me. Then allowing me to reply to the text via voice without touching my phone.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
i was from G4 too. Missed the double tap on and off screen the most I guess.

I had a G4 previously and absolutely hated that "feature". It wasn't until the second one overheated and caught fire in my pocket that I found an app that could disable it.

Then there were all the other warranty replacements for various other reasons. I'm sure Verizon spent more on overnight shipping for all those replacement G4s than what a different phone would of cost.

I hated that phone so much and was happy to turn it off for the last time when my Note 7 arrived.

The only good thing about that phone was the removable battery. I had two spares I'd carry in my pocket while on vacation. I could be out all day and not run out of power. I was more concerned about the phone bricking or burning on me than running out of juice.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Obvious ones. I R blaster. 2 radios. Going way back FM radio using earphones for amtenna (to listen to baseball and football for free)

T-Mobile and Sprint I believe leave them alone. AT&T may leave it alone (not sure) and VZW usually disables them.

Note 7 has fm radio. Install NextRadio to use with headphones

My Passport has this already available in the regular music player. It's greyed out if there are no headphones attached, but I missed it not being on my Note7. I didn't have to install a 3rd party app. I didn't have a chance to try to find it with the app (AT&T), but I will when I get my new one, I will look for it again.

Also, I will miss the swipe actions from BB10. Hub always being available no matter what apps I am in. Peek & Flow gestures were so convenient, and made productivity so much better. As well as instant actions and quick launchers for hot keys on the PKB. And integrated customizable LED alerts for app notifications. Alternatively, I do like the "edge notifications" but I do with they would expand the usage to more than just the "favorite contacts."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles