Edge Display while viewing movies/netflix

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
i was just wondering for those that have gotten this device, how does it look when watching a show or movie on it?

I checked out one in Best Buy just to see how it was, and I could see the glare of the light come down on the curve of the phone and that was kinda annoying. When I covered up the top of the phone in landscape mode, the glare went away and honestly, it almost looked flat.

Sometimes I also like to put my phone flat on a table and watch it that way, have any of you noticed a difference when you do it that way as opposed to a flat screen?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can see a slight curve when viewing from an angle (it is definitely not noticeable when looking directly into the screen) and for some reason, the black version has VERY noticeable glare on the curved glass, but is not as bright on the blue or silver version (haven't seen a gold one). With the brightness on an appropriate setting, however, the glare shouldn't be an issue.

But if glare is bothering you, you can get a matte screen protector (just be aware that that will limit your viewing angles and definitely mute the colors/brightness a bit).

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Oh wow, i didn't even realize that, I will check out best buy when I go home and see if there is a difference, but i think it might be the lighting too because best buy has a lot of lights.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
the curve doesn't bother you ? o r you don't see a glare?

The only glare is mainly from glass. I just position the phone where the lights above at work won't glare on the screen (had to do this with all phones really). Once that light isn't right over I just watch and am good :).