Hey there,

Just wanted to share some experience I had over the weekend with my Note 7 in my wife's 2012 Highlander, it was kind of odd...but thought it was weird enough to share to help people from committing Hari Kari!

• When I setup blutooth for the car with her Note 5, it was a single step process - pair the device with the Car (listed with something odd from the book of Toyota like "CAR MULTIMEDIA 1"
    • Calls worked fine at that point, but I wasn't getting Blu tooth audio (which I had working well with my Note 5 including the use of my steering wheel controls to flip through tracks/playlists/etc)
    • Knew that wasn't going to be wildly different with a newer gen phone, so started digging around in the header (Car) setup options and low and behold, there's a separate "Car Media" setup - paired my phone with that a (same process, even same pin) - audio started working fine
    • In fact, I'd say that the output audio on the Note 7 is better (certainly louder, clearer and a little bassier) - could be placebo, but feels "better"
    • Oddly though, my steering wheel controls don't work - nothing but volume up/down - not the end of the world, but an annoyance
    • I got through the weekend fine and ended up driving my kids to school in her car this morning - Steering controls now work....what...the actual heck..

I'm not complaining, but there's some, let's call them "eccentricities" to this device that I'm not sure I understand. Before you go tearing your hair out over one of them...be patient...worked for me, though I have no idea how...

Also, and just to say it outloud...I experienced exactly NONE of that while setting up my new Note 7 in my car (which, to be fair is an Android Auto Pioneer NEX system - aftermarket for my early 2000's Mercedes E550AMG - which didn't have blutooth at all...)

08-22-2016 01:39 PM
    Same thing happened to me. With my iphone, I'd just pair with the "Bluetooth Audio" setting in the car and it would like both calls and audio. Learned the hard way that I needed to go to pair via "Phone Set Up" which linked calls then asked me "Do you also want to paid audio playback?" which I then said yes. An extra step but glad I figured it out. I was bummed at first that I wouldn't be able to get calls.
    08-22-2016 02:42 PM