Brightness Slider

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the position of the brightness slider. On the Note 4; on the Note 7 is buried in the second pull down menu. Any way to move it?

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
i dont like this either...it seems im constantly adjusting the brightness and having to pull menu down twice is just a pain

...edited to add this is just a minor stupid annoyance in an otherwise great phone

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
i dont like this either...it seems im constantly adjusting the brightness and having to pull menu down twice is just a pain

...edited to add this is just a minor stupid annoyance in an otherwise great phone

I use a widget I place on my doc called Brightness Level, you click on that, a pop up appears and you can adjust the lever and or just choose between 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% or Auto. Easy. I've been using it for years.

Screenshot_20160825-183053[618499].jpg

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I thought there was a slider on the status bar, but that must be an app I downloaded at some point a couple of years ago.
Basically, once setup, you just move your finger left or right across the status bar to change the brightness level. Faster than a toggle because you just slide and release. No pull down or widget.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought there was a slider on the status bar, but that must be an app I downloaded at some point a couple of years ago.
Basically, once setup, you just move your finger left or right across the status bar to change the brightness level. Faster than a toggle because you just slide and release. No pull down or widget.

Its still there. Use two fingers to draw down the settings menu which brings down the whole menu and the slider is on the bottom as usual.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I thought it was weird they did that with this device. On the S7e the slider is display with one swipe and you think with a slightly larger display they'd keep it there. I also liked on the edge you could scroll horizontal for some of the options. Now you have to swipe twice for those too. And I'm never going to get use to doing a 2 finger swipe lol.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I thought it was weird they did that with this device. On the S7e the slider is display with one swipe and you think with a slightly larger display they'd keep it there. I also liked on the edge you could scroll horizontal for some of the options. Now you have to swipe twice for those too. And I'm never going to get use to doing a 2 finger swipe lol.

No you don't have to swipe twice.
You swipe once with 2 fingers to get the whole settings drop down menu. You swipe once with one finger to get only the top portion of the settings drop down menu.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

That quick to reach brightness slider was always a perk of having a Samsung phone. Sad it's gone!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

That used to be a Samsung feature maybe a gen or two ago I think.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Its still there. Use two fingers to draw down the settings menu which brings down the whole menu and the slider is on the bottom as usual.
No. I know about that. I'm talking about sliding your finger across the top of the screen. That's it. No pull downs.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No you don't have to swipe twice.
You swipe once with 2 fingers to get the whole settings drop down menu. You swipe once with one finger to get only the top portion of the settings drop down menu.

Yes I know you can swipe once with 2 fingers. But as I mentioned that's not something I will be doing. Not a normal motion for me when I have the phone in one hand swiping. On the s7 you only had to swipe once with ONE finger. So from this point forward when I'm talking about swiping I'm talking about normal swiping, with one finger ;)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
No. I know about that. I'm talking about sliding your finger across the top of the screen. That's it. No pull downs.

Exactly. No one's trying to swipe with 2 fingers for this or the other options. Like I said I wonder why they made this change. On the other devices you can swipe through all the options with one handed operation.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I know you can swipe once with 2 fingers. But as I mentioned that's not something I will be doing. Not a normal motion for me when I have the phone in one hand swiping. On the s7 you only had to swipe once with ONE finger. So from this point forward when I'm talking about swiping I'm talking about normal swiping, with one finger ;)

I use my auto-brightness on my Note 5 and have only had to use the slider a couple of times. The auto-brightness should be even better on the Note 7.

Are you having to adjust your brightness a lot?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use my auto-brightness on my Note 5 and have only had to use the slider a couple of times. The auto-brightness should be even better on the Note 7.

Are you having to adjust your brightness a lot?

I use auto brightness and rarely touch the slider. But I did scroll through the options frequently since you can only see a few with the initial swipe. So changing those 2 options made it a little more inconvenient to use those. Of course not a deal break but wonder why they made those changes. Or even. Provide options where the use can toggle accordingly to their preferences. But again, not a deal breaker lol.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here, auto brightness works great, automatically adjusts based on lighting conditions and saves battery.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I use auto brightness and rarely touch the slider. But I did scroll through the options frequently since you can only see a few with the initial swipe. So changing those 2 options made it a little more inconvenient to use those. Of course not a deal break but wonder why they made those changes. Or even. Provide options where the use can toggle accordingly to their preferences. But again, not a deal breaker lol.

Well I knew the new options menu was going to be an issue.

My Note 7 hasn't come in yet, but when it does, I'm going to be in touch with a contact I have at Samsung Plus to go through some questions about things like this. There might be some options we aren't aware of to do this. If there aren't and they are things we want, then people can start contacting Samsung Plus to complain and things might change on an update.

Maybe I'll start a thread soon for questions people have and then I can ask all these questions and post the responses.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I knew the new options menu was going to be an issue.

My Note 7 hasn't come in yet, but when it does, I'm going to be in touch with a contact I have at Samsung Plus to go through some questions about things like this. There might be some options we aren't aware of to do this. If there aren't and they are things we want, then people can start contacting Samsung Plus to complain and things might change on an update.

Maybe I'll start a thread soon for questions people have and then I can ask all these questions and post the responses.
Will you ask about the lag, lol, just kidding!

I used the slider all the time too. In a dark room, I bring it all the way down, but in direct sunlight it needs to be adjusted up a little to see the phone. I guess I just need to make a Tasker command to handle it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Will you ask about the lag, lol, just kidding!

I used the slider all the time too. In a dark room, I bring it all the way down, but in direct sunlight it needs to be adjusted up a little to see the phone. I guess I just need to make a Tasker command to handle it.

No I will not ask about the lag lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol