11-03-2016 11:50 PM
138 1234 ...
tools
    I think I have too many. I checked under storage and is says I have 16GB under "Applications". I bet that is the reason. Hmm. I wonder if there is a way to get more storage than 15gb
    That might be it. I have 5.24GB of apps. How the heck do you have so much in apps?

I have to imagine at some point Samsung is going to let us buy more storage. I'd be hesitant to do it though because we're accessing Samsung Cloud with a workaround that could break at some point. I do like the ease and simplicity for reinstalling things like homescreen setups, settings on the phone, etc. I'd be inclined to use it just for that.
    08-22-2016 03:51 PM
    That might be it. I have 5.24GB of apps. How the heck do you have so much in apps?

I have to imagine at some point Samsung is going to let us buy more storage. I'd be hesitant to do it though because we're accessing Samsung Cloud with a workaround that could break at some point. I do like the ease and simplicity for reinstalling things like homescreen setups, settings on the phone, etc. I'd be inclined to use it just for that.

Yeah, I can use Smart Switch to back everything up anyway. This would have been a nice addition though.

As for my 16GB of app? Well, I have lots of apps. The biggest storage hogs seem to be a few maps apps, and I did download some areas. I have a few playlists locally downloaded on GPM (maybe a GB or 2 there). Gonna try to clear some out and see it the backup works then.
    08-22-2016 04:40 PM
    I used QuickShortcutMaker to make the home screen shortcut. The added the shortcut as a Task in the Task Edge Panel. Doing this allowed me to delete the home screen shortcut.

Very nice!! Thanks to all!!!
    Great idea! I added it to my Samsung folder because I haven't been leveraging the task edge panel but may just have to turn that on for this alone.
    08-22-2016 08:51 PM
    Based on a screenshot from a Droid Life article, it looks like there still aren't some things we can back up with Samsung Cloud on Verizon. For example, I don't see an option to backup my Gallery on the Verizon version. Maybe it's crippled in some other way or they modified the Gallery application to prevent it from being backed up with Samsung Cloud.

Such garbage.

Here's the link: http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/22...o-good-reason/
    08-23-2016 08:33 AM
    i was just coming to ask if i could use samsung cloud to back up photos and videos. I don't see an option for it
    08-23-2016 09:00 AM
    And I'm another person getting an error message when I try to back up. I'm so annoyed with stuff that used to work stopping, and stuff that should work not being available. I know I should speak with my wallet, but come on Verizon and Samsung. Enough. (i.e. gripes w Samsung include the incorrectly working auto correct in their keyboard, the forced Samsung voice dictation in messaging and who knows where else, the gimped Samsung Notes...I'm even new to the Note series and find this cluster to be annoying and frustrating...2 apps to do what one app used to do?)

I digress...bottom line is that I thank the OP for this incredibly helpful information/tip...I just wish VZW and Samsung would stop this crap.

ETA: And now I've discovered that if I reboot my phone the stupid ringtone reverts to the VZW Airwaves tone. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I don't want to hear the freaking VZW Airwaves ringtone, I WANT the darn ringtone I set up in the settings menu.

WTH???
    08-23-2016 09:17 AM
    I have a basic Nova launcher (not pro). Can someone post step by step instructions of how to enable Samsung Cloud?
    08-23-2016 09:24 PM
    I have a basic Nova launcher (not pro). Can someone post step by step instructions of how to enable Samsung Cloud?
    Press and hold home screen.
    Select add widget.
    Select add activity.
    Scroll to Samsung Settings and Backup.
    Select Samsung Cloud.
    Shortcut will be on your home screen.
    Profit.
    TJA3500 and From A Buick 8 like this.
    08-23-2016 09:40 PM
    This worked perfectly with QuickShortcutMaker, and eased some of my frustration with Verizon. It's just greed on their part, as if we don't pay enough for service. Thanks for the suggestion. It was easier than installing Nova.
    keepnitreel and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-24-2016 11:58 PM
    Awesome post. Works great.
    08-25-2016 06:49 AM
    In the Note 7 alone?
    08-25-2016 07:07 AM
    Verizon takes away alot of features on their phones... i was very upset when i couldnt find samsung cloud. Glad i found this.
    08-25-2016 07:31 AM
    I don't understand why they would hide this. Only thing I can think of is to force people to use their own cloud service but that's still some BS if so.
    souffoue likes this.
    08-25-2016 07:38 AM
    So the icon only stays on the home screen in Nova? Once I go back to TW, the Samsung Cloud is gone?
    08-25-2016 08:12 AM
    I don't understand why they would hide this. Only thing I can think of is to force people to use their own cloud service but that's still some BS if so.
    verizon is known for their BS!!
    08-25-2016 08:12 AM
    So the icon only stays on the home screen in Nova? Once I go back to TW, the Samsung Cloud is gone?
    If you use the method in the op then you need to use Nova launcher to access the s cloud activity, since it was made using a Nova launcher widget.

You can also use quick shortcut maker, just search for "cloud"
    I think I found Samsung Cloud on the Verizon Note 7-uploadfromtaptalk1472131481040.jpg

You can install it from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....quickshortcut
    tntlassiter, beh and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-25-2016 08:24 AM
    Nice, is everything still working after you restart the phone?
    08-25-2016 08:31 AM
    Nice, is everything still working after you restart the phone?
    It does work correctly and I tested both backups and restores and it works great.

It's not perfect, however. Samsung Cloud doesn't let you backup pictures and videos which is supported on other carriers. I haven't figured out how to get around that yet.

The only way to change behavior is to complain to Samsung enough that they force the issue or stop buying phones on Verizon. For many of us switching carriers is not that easy so we should all let Samsung know (through Twitter, Facebook, whatever) that we are not happy with this decision and ask them to fix it. It's total garbage.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    08-25-2016 09:11 AM
    Thank you OP!!
    08-25-2016 10:08 AM
    if you figure out how to upload videos and pictures please let us know!!
    08-25-2016 11:19 AM
    Can you backup samsung secured folder?
    08-25-2016 04:02 PM
    thanks for this. I love this forum.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-25-2016 04:45 PM
    If you use the method in the op then you need to use Nova launcher to access the s cloud activity, since it was made using a Nova launcher widget.

You can also use quick shortcut maker, just search for "cloud"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1472131481040.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	859.6 KB 
ID:	237077

You can install it from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....quickshortcut
    I'm so happy I could eat 6 Double Cheesburgers from McDonalds. YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Peace. Alan
    08-25-2016 06:57 PM
    Please excuse my ignorance but all this is new to me. I just got the note 7 after having an iPhone 4s for several years. Basically I used the iPhone for calls, texting, pics, and played one or two games on it. I am LOVING the note 7 but feel so confused by a lot of it.

What exactly do you use "cloud' for and what is the difference in Verizon Cloud (which is on my phone) and Samsung Cloud?

Thank you for the help and again I apologize for my ignorance.

TIA!!!
    08-25-2016 07:42 PM
    Please excuse my ignorance but all this is new to me. I just got the note 7 after having an iPhone 4s for several years. Basically I used the iPhone for calls, texting, pics, and played one or two games on it. I am LOVING the note 7 but feel so confused by a lot of it.

What exactly do you use "cloud' for and what is the difference in Verizon Cloud (which is on my phone) and Samsung Cloud?

Thank you for the help and again I apologize for my ignorance.

TIA!!!
    The cloud is used to backup data. The Verizon one doesn't backup very much. The Samsung one is much more complete
    Shamshi-Adad and souffoue like this.
    08-25-2016 08:04 PM
138 1234 ...