11-03-2016 11:50 PM
138 12345 ...
tools
    This video about Samsung Cloud, recently posted by Samsung Customer Service, is infuriating:

They go out of their way multiple times to say "If Samsung Cloud is available on your device" and "Certain carriers offer access..

How can we reach out to Samsung and push them to force Verizon to allow us to use their service? Can anyone at Android Central help here?

It makes absolutely no sense since the software is actually on the phone but we can't (easily) use it.
    08-26-2016 01:50 PM
    Weird, i got it through the 'QuickShortcutMaker' app yesterday. Made the shortcut to my homescreen. I didn't do anything with it. Today, it was nowhere to be found in my apps.
    08-26-2016 02:36 PM
    The cloud is used to backup data. The Verizon one doesn't backup very much. The Samsung one is much more complete
    Thank you! I appreciate the response. Have a great day!
    08-26-2016 02:54 PM
    Weird, i got it through the 'QuickShortcutMaker' app yesterday. Made the shortcut to my homescreen. I didn't do anything with it. Today, it was nowhere to be found in my apps.
    Double weird! I probably got it about the same time. Remember I thanked you? The app is still listed in my apps list and the 2 Samsung Cloud shortcuts I made are still active and working.

Peace. Alan
    08-26-2016 02:56 PM
    This video about Samsung Cloud, recently posted by Samsung Customer Service, is infuriating:

They go out of their way multiple times to say "If Samsung Cloud is available on your device" and "Certain carriers offer access..

How can we reach out to Samsung and push them to force Verizon to allow us to use their service? Can anyone at Android Central help here?

It makes absolutely no sense since the software is actually on the phone but we can't (easily) use it.
    I wish we can change it too, I am on VZW. But why is the video infuriating? It just reinforces what we already knew.
    08-26-2016 03:33 PM
    I wish we can change it too, I am on VZW. But why is the video infuriating? It just reinforces what we already knew.
    Mostly because Samsung made no mention of this being a carrier specific feature when they announced it. Only now are they going out of their way to say it. I'm not actually upset with the video or anything, I'm just frustrated at Samsung being willing to allow Verizon to make such a big change to their phone.
    08-26-2016 03:50 PM
    Mostly because Samsung made no mention of this being a carrier specific feature when they announced it. Only now are they going out of their way to say it. I'm not actually upset with the video or anything, I'm just frustrated at Samsung being willing to allow Verizon to make such a big change to their phone.
    Actually has been on their website from day one in very small print at the bottom of the page. ;(
    08-26-2016 04:13 PM

We would probably have to pay them more in dollars, advertising, etc... Than verizon lol. I'm pretty sure there's some monetary reason Samsung allows this or just various agreements they have with carriers. It seems that verizon tries to hide/disable anything that they provide a service for that would cost additional money. Since ATT doesn't provide a "cloud" backup/restore service (locker is more like for photos/vids and docs and it's 50gb free) they don't care to remove Samsung's option. I'd bet of they had one they probably try it too lol.
    08-26-2016 04:46 PM
    Double weird! I probably got it about the same time. Remember I thanked you? The app is still listed in my apps list and the 2 Samsung Cloud shortcuts I made are still active and working.

Peace. Alan
    well i have it for now. We'll see how long it lasts this time.
    08-26-2016 04:56 PM
    well i have it for now. We'll see how long it lasts this time.
    Did you turn OFF the backups to VZW yesterday? I can see where they might take an extra look if they notice that.

Peace. Alan
    08-26-2016 05:05 PM
    Did you turn OFF the backups to VZW yesterday? I can see where they might take an extra look if they notice that.

Peace. Alan
    I have now turned off all Verizon apps except login (website). What was happening is that whenever I moved the shortcut into my app drawer, it dissappeared. I guess I will just leave it on 2ND screen. Thanks.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:20 PM
    I have now turned off all Verizon apps except login (website). What was happening is that whenever I moved the shortcut into my app drawer, it dissappeared. I guess I will just leave it on 2ND screen. Thanks.
    Ahhh... then it might have happened to me too except that I chose to put my SCloud shortcuts on the 2nd screen when I first created them.
    Well good YOU figured it out while I hit on it by accident.

Peace. Alan
    08-27-2016 02:34 PM
    Thanks so much! I was able to create the shortcut for Samsung Cloud using QuickShortcutMaker. But it will not back up my apps. It just keeps saying that the backup failed. I checked and I only have 9GB of apps so it should work right?

Thanks.

Monique
    08-28-2016 01:34 PM
    Thanks so much! I was able to create the shortcut for Samsung Cloud using QuickShortcutMaker. But it will not back up my apps. It just keeps saying that the backup failed. I checked and I only have 9GB of apps so it should work right?

Thanks.

Monique
    Same thing happened when I tried.
    08-28-2016 02:15 PM

Thanks.

Monique
    Take a closer look at the list of Samsung shortcuts. I made "2" shortcuts. the one for the S-Cloud AND the one for S-Backup and Restore. They are 2 separate activities.

Peace. Alan
    08-28-2016 02:22 PM
    Take a closer look at the list of Samsung shortcuts. I made "2" shortcuts. the one for the S-Cloud AND the one for S-Backup and Restore. They are 2 separate activities.

Peace. Alan
    Also these shortcuts can't be in your APP Drawer (Home Screen) move them to the 2nd screen. We've seen an issue where it seems Verizon is detecting them if they're trying to activate from the App Drawer.

Peace Alan
    08-28-2016 02:30 PM
    Also these shortcuts can't be in your APP Drawer (Home Screen) move them to the 2nd screen. We've seen an issue where it seems Verizon is detecting them if they're trying to activate from the App Drawer.

Peace Alan
    I've tried everything and it just keeps giving me the error message, "Failed to back up data. A server error has occurred." If I turn off Apps, the rest of the data syncs just fine. Weird. I guess it's okay, since the PlayStore remembers the apps anyway.

Monique
    08-28-2016 04:35 PM
    I've tried everything and it just keeps giving me the error message, "Failed to back up data. A server error has occurred." If I turn off Apps, the rest of the data syncs just fine. Weird. I guess it's okay, since the PlayStore remembers the apps anyway.

Monique
    I get failures if I have Keyboard Data set to back up. If I don't select that then backups work for me. I use SwiftKey so I don't care about the Samsung keyboard data.

Maybe give that a try just for the heck of it?
    08-28-2016 04:41 PM

Monique
    Weird... me too. But I haven't tried an Auto Back-up yet. But in spite of that, when I go to S-Cloud and look at the backup it shows the apps were backed up.

Aaahhhhhhhhh...... I was triggering the Backup MANUALLY, I hadn't turned the AUTA BACKUP switch on. I turned the switch ON and THEN triggered a Backup MANUALLY and it TOTALLY succeeded.

Might that have been your case?

Peace. Alan
    08-28-2016 04:51 PM
    Weird... me too. But I haven't tried an Auto Back-up yet. But in spite of that, when I go to S-Cloud and look at the backup it shows the apps were backed up.

Aaahhhhhhhhh...... I was triggering the Backup MANUALLY, I hadn't turned the AUTA BACKUP switch on. I turned the switch ON and THEN triggered a Backup MANUALLY and it TOTALLY succeeded.

Might that have been your case?

Peace. Alan
    Nope, but thanks. It still gets to 78% backup of the apps and just freezes. Then gives me the error. I'm giving up on this one.
    08-28-2016 05:47 PM
    Nope, but thanks. It still gets to 78% backup of the apps and just freezes. Then gives me the error. I'm giving up on this one.
    Actually thanks so much that did it! I had to turn off Auto Backup and it worked manually!!!!

Monique
    08-28-2016 05:57 PM
    Actually thanks so much that did it! I had to turn off Auto Backup and it worked manually!!!!

Monique
    I can see that smile....

Peace. Alan

ps You're not one to give up when you want something either are you?
    08-28-2016 06:10 PM
    Since you made two shortcuts can you backup pictures and videos on your phone too?
    08-29-2016 02:32 PM

Peace. Alan
    since you made 2 shortcuts can you also backup pictures and videos off your phone?
    08-29-2016 02:33 PM
    since you made 2 shortcuts can you also backup pictures and videos off your phone?
    My mistake: 1 shortcut is for backing up all your stuff ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. PLease go to that site and you'll see what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan
    08-29-2016 04:12 PM
138 12345 ...