11-03-2016 11:50 PM
138 ... 23456
tools
    My mistake: 1 shortcut if for backing up all your stuff ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. PLease go to that site and you'll see what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan
    I added the samsung cloud and S backup and restore shortcuts and it still will not let me backup photos and videos. In fact the backup and restore shortcut gives me an error message everytime i click on it
    08-30-2016 09:21 AM
    Thank you for this information first off. When I found the samsung cloud and made am app shortcut i did not see where photos and videos are an option to back up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Kim
    08-30-2016 11:05 AM
    Thank you for this information first off. When I found the samsung cloud and made am app shortcut i did not see where photos and videos are an option to back up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Kim
    My mistake: 1 shortcut is for backing up all your stuff to the Samsung Cloud ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and/or activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. Pease go to that site and you'll understand what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan
    kokiangel likes this.
    08-30-2016 11:27 AM
    I added the samsung cloud and S backup and restore shortcuts and it still will not let me backup photos and videos. In fact the backup and restore shortcut gives me an error message everytime i click on it
    You have to Switch ON automatic backup THEN you can do a MANUAL Backup anytime you want. And I repeat, go to this SAMSUNG website and you'll understand Samsung's cloud better than I can explain it.

Peace. Alan
    08-30-2016 11:34 AM
    You have to Switch ON automatic backup THEN you can do a MANUAL Backup anytime you want. And I repeat, go to this SAMSUNG website and you'll understand Samsung's cloud better than I can explain it.

Peace. Alan
    I understand but where can I backup videos and pictures? It is not an option in the backup screen
    08-30-2016 02:31 PM
    I understand but where can I backup videos and pictures? It is not an option in the backup screen
    Google has a free cloud service of 15 gigs. You have to sign up and get a gmail address but its free. There's lots of cloud services out there. But check out Google's.

Peace. Alan
    08-30-2016 02:52 PM
    Google has a free cloud service of 15 gigs. You have to sign up and get a gmail address but its free. There's lots of cloud services out there. But check out Google's.

Peace. Alan
    So you are saying that the samsung cloud can not backup photos and videos on verizon?
    08-30-2016 03:45 PM
    So you are saying that the samsung cloud can not backup photos and videos on verizon?
    That's been my finding as well. If you look at screenshots of Samsung Cloud on other carriers you will see you can backup Gallery which includes photos and videos.

On Verizon they're purposely blocking letting us use Samsung Cloud and we're only able to access it using a workaround that the average user wouldn't know how to use. I think it's possible that Verizon was able to turn off some functionality but couldn't completely disable it hence how we found it in the first place.

It's frustrating but doesn't look like we'll be able to get full functionality on Verizon. There are lots of other options out there for photo and video backup at least. I use Dropbox but Google offers a service and many others do too.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-30-2016 04:00 PM
    I'm saying if you want any more answers, I don't have them. I've googled around, gone to Samsung, found out what I could here and the bottom line is that even though Verizon blocks us from using Samsung there's a hack/app named "Quick Shortcut Maker" at the Google Play Store that allows you to create shortcuts to Samsung for Backups and Restores. I and others here have done it and that part works. That's all I got. I can't search or google no more to find out anything else. I want access to the Samsung Cloud as bad as you do, but for now, I gotta just give it a rest and walk away from it.

Sorry. Peace. Alan
    08-30-2016 04:10 PM
    That's been my finding as well. If you look at screenshots of Samsung Cloud on other carriers you will see you can backup Gallery which includes photos and videos.

On Verizon they're purposely blocking letting us use Samsung Cloud and we're only able to access it using a workaround that the average user wouldn't know how to use. I think it's possible that Verizon was able to turn off some functionality but couldn't completely disable it hence how we found it in the first place.

It's frustrating but doesn't look like we'll be able to get full functionality on Verizon. There are lots of other options out there for photo and video backup at least. I use Dropbox but Google offers a service and many others do too.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, vmmatty. I've been tryin' and tryin'........

Peace. Alan
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-30-2016 04:16 PM

Peace. Alan
    Google offers unlimited high quality pictures (up to 16mp)and videos. If you want to backup original quality then you are limited by your Google drive data bucket
    08-31-2016 02:34 PM
    Actually Samsung cloud is working already with photos, I have sharing options showing up for pictures in a form of Samsung cloud, one can upload and share the link etc...
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-31-2016 06:18 PM
    Actually Samsung cloud is working already with photos, I have sharing options showing up for pictures in a form of Samsung cloud, one can upload and share the link etc...
    And VERIZON is your carrier?
    08-31-2016 06:21 PM
    Whether you can or not (most likely not), use Google Photos. It's a fantastic app that offers unlimited free cloud backup for high quality storage up to 16 mb photos. The app has fantastic search, and organization abilities. It is Google's best app IMO.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-31-2016 06:34 PM
    Yes
    Go to some picture and press sharing shortcut and link sharing will appear with other options. But I don't think it was there before. I also went through some settings, may be after I first clicked the link sharing. ?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-31-2016 08:40 PM
    If you see the cloud share offer, clock on the question mark for more info.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-31-2016 08:54 PM
    If you see the cloud share offer, clock on the question mark for more info.
    I DID!!! Gosh, I owe you a Pizza or somethin'!!!

Peace. Alan
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-01-2016 08:12 AM
    Yes
    Go to some picture and press sharing shortcut and link sharing will appear with other options. But I don't think it was there before. I also went through some settings, may be after I first clicked the link sharing. ?
    i did that and i see what you mean but this does not look like samsung cloud this looks like something called link sharing
    09-02-2016 08:50 AM
    Does anyone know if Samsung cloud backs up the secure folder also?
    09-03-2016 08:26 PM
    That's some fine detective work, Watson.

Hopefully, it works!

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red
    It works.
    09-03-2016 08:30 PM
    Nope, but thanks. It still gets to 78% backup of the apps and just freezes. Then gives me the error. I'm giving up on this one.
    I got that too, but left it alone on the second try even though I got the message again and it finished fine. I did the auto setting too.
    09-03-2016 08:33 PM
    Does anyone know if Samsung cloud backs up the secure folder also?
    It's my understanding nothing will backup the secure folder.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    09-05-2016 05:28 PM
    It's my understanding nothing will backup the secure folder.
    Guess I'll send everything in the secure folder to Google Drive before exchanging phones...
    Thanks
    09-05-2016 05:32 PM
    I had the same problem. Then i read on XDA that if you have any apps disabled you to enable them, reboot your phone and then do the backup of apps. It worked perfectly for me. To bad we have to disable, enable and disable for this process to work.
    09-05-2016 08:30 PM
    [QUOTE=Monique King

I had the same problem. Then i read on XDA that if you have any apps disabled you to enable them, reboot your phone and then do the backup of apps. It worked perfectly for me. To bad we have to disable, enable and disable for this process to work.
    09-05-2016 08:34 PM
138 ... 23456