I think I found Samsung Cloud on the Verizon Note 7

kokiangel

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a FYI, if you are using the new ADW 2.0 you can follow the same steps with the same success. No need to add another launcher or app to your phone.
And thank you for the wonderful workaround! I would have been stuck with Verizon's measly option were it not for you wonderful, brilliant folks.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
once I use link sharing to upload photos to samsung cloud how do i view them or restore them back to the phone?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. Then i read on XDA that if you have any apps disabled you to enable them, reboot your phone and then do the backup of apps. It worked perfectly for me. To bad we have to disable, enable and disable for this process to work.

This worked for me. I couldn't get a complete backup on Samsung Cloud until I enabled the half dozen or so apps I had disabled. Just did a backup twice in a row without any problems. Thanks for the tip! This will be very handy now that we have to exchange our phones soon.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I really hate how carriers do this, if its there then why do they have to hide it, just leave it as an option for consumers to use the carrier's or Samsungs

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I really hate how carriers do this, if its there then why do they have to hide it, just leave it as an option for consumers to use the carrier's or Samsungs

Verizon did it cause they want you to use their service that gives you 1/3 the free storage that Samsung does of course you can buy more space for a nice price

pmr5019

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing that the scheduled backup feature isn't working? I set mine up back when the OP first posted and today I checked that is the last time it back anything up. And I've only used 5.28mb of my 15gb allotment. My appts toggle says backup failed. Something isn't working right with mine.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I saved everything including my apps, so it says. But how is it that everything only takes 22.42mb of 15 gb? I have some apps that are larger than 22mb alone.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing that the scheduled backup feature isn't working? I set mine up back when the OP first posted and today I checked that is the last time it back anything up. And I've only used 5.28mb of my 15gb allotment. My appts toggle says backup failed. Something isn't working right with mine.

Same problem here. I've basically given up and assume that the scheduled backup requires a service that the Verizon model either doesn't have or is not set to run. I do periodic backups manually and will do one more before I replace this Note 7 for another through the recall.

The only way to stop this kind of thing from happening is to complain to Verizon and Samsung. Doubt it'll do much good but we should make our feelings known.

quedawg09

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the post. I used QuickShortcutMaker and it worked fine. I was wondering if anyone could locate and do the same for the Device Maintenance tools that were removed by Big Red. I would be interested in these tools add I really dislike going through My Verizon. Thanks again.... hope to read an update on this soon.

magicspeller

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for finding this! I've been looking for a good way to do a complete backup before turning in my phone for the recall. I can't do a PC backup because I can't connect to either of my PCs. My Note 4 would never connect and neither will the Note7. I've spent the last three evenings chatting with Samsung Support, all to no avail. It looks like Samsung Cloud might be a good alternative.

BTW, I not only have Gallery backup missing, but Contacts, as well. And am I the only one having problems backing up documents? I checked everything and did a manual backup, and it shows a last-backup time for everything but documents. If I go to the first screen, it displays the error message saying the backup failed.

I also tried unchecking everything BUT Documents and doing a manual backup. It shows 0% complete and that never changes.

I'm only using 14 MB of my 15 GB. Does anybody have any ideas about why this might be happening?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I saved everything including my apps, so it says. But how is it that everything only takes 22.42mb of 15 gb? I have some apps that are larger than 22mb alone.
I can't speak for anything but the APPS - the APPS aren't saved, only the app settings. If the backup is used for a restore the apps will still have to be dl again, but on the install the app will adopt the settings you had and any in app purchases/permissions that you had.

Peace. Alan

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I used QuickShortcutMaker to make the home screen shortcut. The added the shortcut as a Task in the Task Edge Panel. Doing this allowed me to delete the home screen shortcut.

Very nice!! Thanks to all!!!

Great tip - thank you! I am new to Android and this is all so foreign to me. Love this forum - I am learning so much!

ETA: When I go to my Tasks Edge Panel and try to add the shortcut - it isn't an option?? My only options are: Calendar, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Internet, Messages, My Files, Phone and Samsung Notes

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze