I think I found Samsung Cloud on the Verizon Note 7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Nice, is everything still working after you restart the phone?

It does work correctly and I tested both backups and restores and it works great.

It's not perfect, however. Samsung Cloud doesn't let you backup pictures and videos which is supported on other carriers. I haven't figured out how to get around that yet.

The only way to change behavior is to complain to Samsung enough that they force the issue or stop buying phones on Verizon. For many of us switching carriers is not that easy so we should all let Samsung know (through Twitter, Facebook, whatever) that we are not happy with this decision and ask them to fix it. It's total garbage.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance but all this is new to me. I just got the note 7 after having an iPhone 4s for several years. Basically I used the iPhone for calls, texting, pics, and played one or two games on it. I am LOVING the note 7 but feel so confused by a lot of it.

What exactly do you use "cloud' for and what is the difference in Verizon Cloud (which is on my phone) and Samsung Cloud?

Thank you for the help and again I apologize for my ignorance.

TIA!!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance but all this is new to me. I just got the note 7 after having an iPhone 4s for several years. Basically I used the iPhone for calls, texting, pics, and played one or two games on it. I am LOVING the note 7 but feel so confused by a lot of it.

What exactly do you use "cloud' for and what is the difference in Verizon Cloud (which is on my phone) and Samsung Cloud?

Thank you for the help and again I apologize for my ignorance.

TIA!!!
The cloud is used to backup data. The Verizon one doesn't backup very much. The Samsung one is much more complete

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This video about Samsung Cloud, recently posted by Samsung Customer Service, is infuriating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGsYSeAdc8

They go out of their way multiple times to say "If Samsung Cloud is available on your device" and "Certain carriers offer access..

How can we reach out to Samsung and push them to force Verizon to allow us to use their service? Can anyone at Android Central help here?

It makes absolutely no sense since the software is actually on the phone but we can't (easily) use it.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Weird, i got it through the 'QuickShortcutMaker' app yesterday. Made the shortcut to my homescreen. I didn't do anything with it. Today, it was nowhere to be found in my apps.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Weird, i got it through the 'QuickShortcutMaker' app yesterday. Made the shortcut to my homescreen. I didn't do anything with it. Today, it was nowhere to be found in my apps.
Double weird! I probably got it about the same time. Remember I thanked you? The app is still listed in my apps list and the 2 Samsung Cloud shortcuts I made are still active and working.

Peace. Alan

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
This video about Samsung Cloud, recently posted by Samsung Customer Service, is infuriating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGsYSeAdc8

They go out of their way multiple times to say "If Samsung Cloud is available on your device" and "Certain carriers offer access..

How can we reach out to Samsung and push them to force Verizon to allow us to use their service? Can anyone at Android Central help here?

It makes absolutely no sense since the software is actually on the phone but we can't (easily) use it.

I wish we can change it too, I am on VZW. But why is the video infuriating? It just reinforces what we already knew.

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I wish we can change it too, I am on VZW. But why is the video infuriating? It just reinforces what we already knew.

Mostly because Samsung made no mention of this being a carrier specific feature when they announced it. Only now are they going out of their way to say it. I'm not actually upset with the video or anything, I'm just frustrated at Samsung being willing to allow Verizon to make such a big change to their phone.

markwebb

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Mostly because Samsung made no mention of this being a carrier specific feature when they announced it. Only now are they going out of their way to say it. I'm not actually upset with the video or anything, I'm just frustrated at Samsung being willing to allow Verizon to make such a big change to their phone.
Actually has been on their website from day one in very small print at the bottom of the page. ;(

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

We would probably have to pay them more in dollars, advertising, etc... Than verizon lol. I'm pretty sure there's some monetary reason Samsung allows this or just various agreements they have with carriers. It seems that verizon tries to hide/disable anything that they provide a service for that would cost additional money. Since ATT doesn't provide a "cloud" backup/restore service (locker is more like for photos/vids and docs and it's 50gb free) they don't care to remove Samsung's option. I'd bet of they had one they probably try it too lol.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Double weird! I probably got it about the same time. Remember I thanked you? The app is still listed in my apps list and the 2 Samsung Cloud shortcuts I made are still active and working.

Peace. Alan

well i have it for now. We'll see how long it lasts this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt