I think I found Samsung Cloud on the Verizon Note 7

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Did you turn OFF the backups to VZW yesterday? I can see where they might take an extra look if they notice that.

Peace. Alan
I have now turned off all Verizon apps except login (website). What was happening is that whenever I moved the shortcut into my app drawer, it dissappeared. I guess I will just leave it on 2ND screen. Thanks.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have now turned off all Verizon apps except login (website). What was happening is that whenever I moved the shortcut into my app drawer, it dissappeared. I guess I will just leave it on 2ND screen. Thanks.
Ahhh... then it might have happened to me too except that I chose to put my SCloud shortcuts on the 2nd screen when I first created them.
Well good YOU figured it out while I hit on it by accident.

Peace. Alan

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much! I was able to create the shortcut for Samsung Cloud using QuickShortcutMaker. But it will not back up my apps. It just keeps saying that the backup failed. I checked and I only have 9GB of apps so it should work right?

Thanks.

Monique

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much! I was able to create the shortcut for Samsung Cloud using QuickShortcutMaker. But it will not back up my apps. It just keeps saying that the backup failed. I checked and I only have 9GB of apps so it should work right?

Thanks.

Monique
Take a closer look at the list of Samsung shortcuts. I made "2" shortcuts. the one for the S-Cloud AND the one for S-Backup and Restore. They are 2 separate activities.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Take a closer look at the list of Samsung shortcuts. I made "2" shortcuts. the one for the S-Cloud AND the one for S-Backup and Restore. They are 2 separate activities.

Peace. Alan
Also these shortcuts can't be in your APP Drawer (Home Screen) move them to the 2nd screen. We've seen an issue where it seems Verizon is detecting them if they're trying to activate from the App Drawer.

Peace Alan

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Also these shortcuts can't be in your APP Drawer (Home Screen) move them to the 2nd screen. We've seen an issue where it seems Verizon is detecting them if they're trying to activate from the App Drawer.

Peace Alan

I've tried everything and it just keeps giving me the error message, "Failed to back up data. A server error has occurred." If I turn off Apps, the rest of the data syncs just fine. Weird. I guess it's okay, since the PlayStore remembers the apps anyway.

Monique

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I've tried everything and it just keeps giving me the error message, "Failed to back up data. A server error has occurred." If I turn off Apps, the rest of the data syncs just fine. Weird. I guess it's okay, since the PlayStore remembers the apps anyway.

Monique

I get failures if I have Keyboard Data set to back up. If I don't select that then backups work for me. I use SwiftKey so I don't care about the Samsung keyboard data.

Maybe give that a try just for the heck of it?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

Monique
Weird... me too. But I haven't tried an Auto Back-up yet. But in spite of that, when I go to S-Cloud and look at the backup it shows the apps were backed up.

Aaahhhhhhhhh...... I was triggering the Backup MANUALLY, I hadn't turned the AUTA BACKUP switch on. I turned the switch ON and THEN triggered a Backup MANUALLY and it TOTALLY succeeded.

Might that have been your case?

Peace. Alan

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Weird... me too. But I haven't tried an Auto Back-up yet. But in spite of that, when I go to S-Cloud and look at the backup it shows the apps were backed up.

Aaahhhhhhhhh...... I was triggering the Backup MANUALLY, I hadn't turned the AUTA BACKUP switch on. I turned the switch ON and THEN triggered a Backup MANUALLY and it TOTALLY succeeded.

Might that have been your case?

Peace. Alan

Nope, but thanks. It still gets to 78% backup of the apps and just freezes. Then gives me the error. I'm giving up on this one.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

Peace. Alan

since you made 2 shortcuts can you also backup pictures and videos off your phone?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
since you made 2 shortcuts can you also backup pictures and videos off your phone?
My mistake: 1 shortcut is for backing up all your stuff ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. PLease go to that site and you'll see what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My mistake: 1 shortcut if for backing up all your stuff ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. PLease go to that site and you'll see what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan

I added the samsung cloud and S backup and restore shortcuts and it still will not let me backup photos and videos. In fact the backup and restore shortcut gives me an error message everytime i click on it

Kim Bozeman

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this information first off. When I found the samsung cloud and made am app shortcut i did not see where photos and videos are an option to back up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Kim

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for this information first off. When I found the samsung cloud and made am app shortcut i did not see where photos and videos are an option to back up. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Kim

My mistake: 1 shortcut is for backing up all your stuff to the Samsung Cloud ONLY. 2nd shortcut was/is for looking at the Backup and/or activating a Restore

I went to the Samsung Cloud website and the site explains what I said. They ALSO say that soon we'll be able to access the site for viewing files, sharing, moving and such but not yet - soon. Pease go to that site and you'll understand what I've said much simpler than I said it.

Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I added the samsung cloud and S backup and restore shortcuts and it still will not let me backup photos and videos. In fact the backup and restore shortcut gives me an error message everytime i click on it
You have to Switch ON automatic backup THEN you can do a MANUAL Backup anytime you want. And I repeat, go to this SAMSUNG website and you'll understand Samsung's cloud better than I can explain it.

Peace. Alan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800