09-02-2016 06:13 PM
131 ... 23456
tools
    I'm just in awe of the blue coral lol. I really need to go get a screen protector asap!!! Still rocking the protective film that came on the phone😂 anyone else?
    LOL I too am still on the stock protective film. It will work until something RIGHT comes along.
    08-26-2016 12:16 PM
    Ok, called Verizon to figure out why my order just said "Processing. Check back later" since I ordered a week ago. Figured they were out of stock or something...I dunno.

The (second) person I talked to was like "WTF it shows up that you ordered, but then it just died in the system or something." She spent about 15 minutes basically redoing my order manually, then said she'd get it overnighted for free, so apparently I'll have it tomorrow.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this", like I had a death in the family or something. I told her it was clearly a first world problem; I wasn't losing any sleep over it.

So...I'm almost in the club.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:18 PM
    If you activate Advanced Calling on Verizon then you can do voice and data simultaneously.
    Ah ok. Is this a paid feature & device specific or available for all phones?
    Thanks!
    08-26-2016 12:42 PM
    LOL I too am still on the stock protective film. It will work until something RIGHT comes along.
    I used it also, but I found that the S Pen nib didn't glide over it very easily. And since it doesn't go from edge to edge the S Pen nib catches on the edge of the plastic film on both sides when moving an icon for example.
    But it is still more protection than nothing.
    08-26-2016 01:25 PM
    Ah ok. Is this a paid feature & device specific or available for all phones?
    Thanks!
    It's a free feature that you can enable on your account online. Not available on all phones but the Note 7 does support it.
    p51 likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:34 PM
    According to Verizon, you can only use voice and data simultaneously if whoever you are on the call with is also using HD Calling.
    Shamshi-Adad and p51 like this.
    08-26-2016 01:41 PM
    I used it also, but I found that the S Pen nib didn't glide over it very easily. And since it doesn't go from edge to edge the S Pen nib catches on the edge of the plastic film on both sides when moving an icon for example.
    But it is still more protection than nothing.
    Really? I'm not having any issues with the S-Pen and the out of the box film. Only when I try to go outside the radius of the film, which is the curves so I shouldn't be there anyway lol.
    08-26-2016 01:55 PM
    According to Verizon, you can only use voice and data simultaneously if whoever you are on the call with is also using HD Calling.
    Damn!! Thanks for the info!
    08-26-2016 02:29 PM
    I'm just in awe of the blue coral lol. I really need to go get a screen protector asap!!! Still rocking the protective film that came on the phone😂 anyone else?
    I left mine on for a week and everyone raving about the screen had me peeking. Then I just said ah screw it! Lol
    08-26-2016 02:36 PM
    It's a free feature that you can enable on your account online. Not available on all phones but the Note 7 does support it.
    To activate HD Voice on your Android device:
    - Go to Settings
    - Tap Advanced Calling under WIRELESS NETWORKS
    - Tap Activate Advanced Calling and follow on-screen instruction
    08-26-2016 02:37 PM
    What keyboard besides Swift Key are y'all using? I'm fed up with the non auto correct on the Samsung keyboard and I don't want to play anymore. This is the first time I won't be using the stock keyboard.
    08-26-2016 10:23 PM
    What keyboard besides Swift Key are y'all using? I'm fed up with the non auto correct on the Samsung keyboard and I don't want to play anymore. This is the first time I won't be using the stock keyboard.
    SwiftKey is probably the best out there. Highly recommended.
    08-26-2016 10:37 PM
    You people are irritating me. I haven't decided to buy it yet, but you're making me want one.
    Its a great phone!

Posted using Note7
    08-26-2016 10:40 PM
    SwiftKey is probably the best out there. Highly recommended.
    I guess I should rephrase, having the number row above my keyboard like the stock keyboard is important to me...any of the 3rd party keyboards have the option to have the number row?
    08-26-2016 10:41 PM
    I keep going back to thumb

Posted using Note7
    08-26-2016 10:42 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, why did you switch to Verizon?
    Have you noticed any difference in signal strength? Can you use voice and data simultaneously?
    I'm on AT&T and contemplating a switch as well.
    Thank you
    I can get simultaneous voice and data. Also switched because it was slightly cheaper. Signal strength has been slightly better. Data speeds are faster.
    08-26-2016 10:49 PM
    I guess I should rephrase, having the number row above my keyboard like the stock keyboard is important to me...any of the 3rd party keyboards have the option to have the number row?
    That is an option with SwiftKey. I am using right now and it is much better than stock.
    08-26-2016 10:51 PM
    That is an option with SwiftKey. I am using right now and it is much better than stock.
    Great! I'll try it out! I'm very disappointed in the dang stock keyboard. I waited a week, tried to get it to learn but it won't even try. It was just fine on the S7 Edge, so I have no idea what to think.
    08-26-2016 10:55 PM
    D'oh. I can't stand the SwiftKey layout for punctuation. That's a lot of work for an exclamation point!
    08-26-2016 11:28 PM
    I'm biased coming from BlackBerry, but I love the BlackBerry keyboard. Swiping your words up from the keys is my favorite part, and the recognition is amazing.
    08-26-2016 11:47 PM
    I'm biased coming from BlackBerry, but I love the BlackBerry keyboard. Swiping your words up from the keys is my favorite part, and the recognition is amazing.
    LOL I just want one similar to the Samsung one. Punctuation on SwiftKey is killing me at the moment.
    08-27-2016 11:44 AM
    LOL I just want one similar to the Samsung one. Punctuation on SwiftKey is killing me at the moment.
    You should give it a try, you can always uninstall if you don't like it.
    08-27-2016 11:53 AM
    D'oh. I can't stand the SwiftKey layout for punctuation. That's a lot of work for an exclamation point!
    I just swipe up and left from the period/punctuation key?

!!!

Three in a row; not sure how it could be easier.
    08-27-2016 12:16 PM
    Yeah, I use SwiftKey beta. They even automatically put the number row key up when you're typing a password in case you don't want it up there all the time. Punctuation is easy, hold the period down, and swipe right for question mark ir swipe to the left for exclamation. The comma has its own button.
    08-27-2016 12:47 PM
    Damn!! Thanks for the info!
    Mine works whether the other person had HD calling enabled or not. I just called my home phone and while it was ringing I surfed the net in the browser. Loaded a new web page just fine. You're still using data to make your phone call so you should be all good to use simultaneous voice and data as long as you have the feature enabled
    08-27-2016 12:50 PM
131 ... 23456