10-13-2016 06:05 AM
50 12
tools
    I had the note 4 previously and unless I'm missing something it seems like Samsung severely crippled the feature. It still highlights the word as being wrong but its extremely inconsistant with actually auto replacing it (in the same application). For example I can type "yoi" instead of you and it would underline it but not replace it. On the other hand at other times, sometimes in the same sentence, it does replace misspellings.

I have tried to mess with different settings and nothing makes it better. What gives?
    Tarah Sorber and verks like this.
    08-22-2016 02:45 PM
    Noone else has noticed this?
    08-23-2016 11:23 AM
    I saw someone saying they had the same issue as you but I don't remember which thread it was. At least you know you're not the only one with the problem.
    08-23-2016 11:36 AM
    I habe the same problem
    08-23-2016 11:41 AM
    ^obviously
    08-23-2016 11:42 AM
    I have the same issues its driving me insane! i have to constantly correct things and the phone will not correct it as my previous samsung phones have.
    08-23-2016 11:44 AM
    It's so frustrating! I've come to rely HEAVILY on autocorrect because I just text really fast and rarely look back to spell check. I hope someone has a fix.
    ^obviously
    OMG i type habe constantly LOL phone wont correct it! LOL
    It's so frustrating! I've come to rely HEAVILY on autocorrect because I just text really fast and rarely look back to spell check. I hope someone has a fix.
    same.. i text fast and it usually fixes everything... note 7---- NOPE...
    08-23-2016 11:45 AM
    Try SwiftKey. I was having to many problems with the samsung keyboard doing the same thing. And inserting words I wasn't even trying to put in a sentence.
    08-23-2016 11:45 AM
    Im the one that originally had the issues. Still there, autocorrect is just crap. Been using swiftkey and it worls great but I still like the way the Samsung one looks. I've been meaning to do a factory reset but i just don't have the time to set everything up from scratch again.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:47 AM
    I have the same issues, so annoying.....
    08-23-2016 11:53 AM
    I finally switched to SwiftKey because of this issue, which sucks because I really liked the Samsung keyboard on my note 5.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:55 AM
    I'm happy to see people coming out of the woodwork about it. I'm hoping they will have some kind of update. I can't imagine how this could be some kind of upgrade??? The way it worked before was perfect. If the word is unknown, it corrects it. If you want to use slang/madeup words, you just add it on the go during the first few weeks. Why would you purposely want to leave misspelled words sometimes but not other times.

I had SwiftKey a few years ago when Samsung stopped having autocorrect. It was OK but not as good as the Samsung one. I guess if there isn't a solution maybe I'll end up trying it out again.
    08-23-2016 12:01 PM
    I thought I was the only one ha ing this problem. Lol I was complaining aboht it to someo e and they said I ha e day tbumbs.
    Tarah Sorber and grnidb like this.
    08-23-2016 12:06 PM
    I thought I was the only one ha ing this problem. Lol I was complaining aboht it to someo e and they said I ha e day tbumbs.
    Need I say more??
    durandetto and grnidb like this.
    08-23-2016 12:07 PM
    I read in some article on this website that said they disabled the autocorrect or something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-23-2016 12:09 PM
    Message checks out.

Welcome to the club. Haha
    08-23-2016 12:10 PM
    Yep, I'm having the same issue. I thought I was just typing poorly. Ha. Back to SwiftKey
    08-23-2016 12:14 PM
    i sent Samsung a message on facebook about the auto correct issue...
    08-23-2016 01:28 PM
    I'm having the issue as well. And the article that bobxxz referenced...the default settings have these things turned off, but even with them on they aren't working as they should. I'm also getting very frustrated. Would have gone with Google keyboard but I noticed it simply doesn't load on a lot of websites and in other programs (the line above the keyboard with the word choices). I was using Swiftkey but maybe I'm missing something...is there a place to do shortcuts? For example if I want my email address inserted I have a shortcut set up that I just type my initials and it replaces them with my email address. Can't find the setting in Swiftkey if it's there.
    08-23-2016 01:44 PM
    i guess i could switch to verizon messages... i dont really care for it... not sure if the auto correct issues using vzw messages would still exist.
    i enjoy the stock messages app. sucks that auto correct isnt working properly.
    08-23-2016 02:00 PM
    i guess i could switch to verizon messages... i dont really care for it... not sure if the auto correct issues using vzw messages would still exist.
    i enjoy the stock messages app. sucks that auto correct isnt working properly.
    I use Chomp SMS for my messaging app. I noticed the stock app is extremely buggy and crashed on me many times (so sad for a $900 2016 flagship phone). Chomp SMS works great. However the auto correct has nothing to do with the app your using and only pertains to the keyboard your using, which is the Samsung Keyboard. If you used Verizon Messages it wouldn't change a thing (Unless they somehow use their own keyboard instead of the built in phone functionality).
    08-23-2016 02:10 PM
    I'm having the issue as well. And the article that bobxxz referenced...the default settings have these things turned off, but even with them on they aren't working as they should. I'm also getting very frustrated. Would have gone with Google keyboard but I noticed it simply doesn't load on a lot of websites and in other programs (the line above the keyboard with the word choices). I was using Swiftkey but maybe I'm missing something...is there a place to do shortcuts? For example if I want my email address inserted I have a shortcut set up that I just type my initials and it replaces them with my email address. Can't find the setting in Swiftkey if it's there.
    Interestingly there is still autocorrect even with the option default turned off. When you turn on the autocorrect option it changes the functionality of it just a little bit but it doesn't do a better job. It's more with it turned of 1 set of words get corrected while when it it gets turned on, a different set of words get corrected. Weird.
    08-23-2016 02:13 PM
    The most annoying part is when you backspace to erase a few letters it deletes the whole word sometimes more
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    08-23-2016 02:15 PM
50 12