08-25-2016 11:58 AM
91 1234
tools
    Reasons I use nova...gestures, slide up for settings, down for notification window, double tap to turn screen off, these are customizable to user. Change icon packs. Change folder ave app drawer background colors. Resize widgets. Change color of label's, resize label's. Continuous screen scroll/dock scroll, can have more then one set of dock. Can lock home screen so you can't accident move apps around in shirt pocket. Can set up remember position in app drawer. Can change animation for scrolling home pages, app drawer. Can change speed of scrolling them.

Nova is just too customizable not to use it. And the best part, no matter what phone I get, put nova on it and I know the launcher.
    Reminded me, I also like touchwiz's approach of blurring out the wallpaper picture on the app drawer rather than giving Solid color.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 07:51 AM
    Use what you like... I love that there are so many options
    libra89 likes this.
    08-23-2016 09:54 AM
    Reminded me, I also like touchwiz's approach of blurring out the wallpaper picture on the app drawer rather than giving Solid color.

--RICH
    Nova has that as well. I like that effect way better than the solid color. It looks odd in my opinion to have all my apps sitting in this weird whitish box.
    08-23-2016 10:04 AM
    I haven't used nova in awhile but on my stock nexus whenever I download a new app it puts the icon on the home screen. That way I always know what new apps I have and I sort them into the appropriate folder. I thought for sure Nova did this? That way you'd see your newly installed apps.
    08-23-2016 10:06 AM
    I haven't used nova in awhile but on my stock nexus whenever I download a new app it puts the icon on the home screen. That way I always know what new apps I have and I sort them into the appropriate folder. I thought for sure Nova did this? That way you'd see your newly installed apps.
    It's an option in Nova. I can't remember if it's turned on or not by default though.
    08-23-2016 10:27 AM
    Nova has that as well. I like that effect way better than the solid color. It looks odd in my opinion to have all my apps sitting in this weird whitish box.
    Really? I see where you can make the drawer somewhat translucent in nova, but not blur the background. How do I get to that?

--RICH
    08-23-2016 10:53 AM
    That works for touchwiz and just about every launcher, but that gets annoying having to delete the icons

--RICH
    PapaGary likes this.
    08-23-2016 10:54 AM
    It's an option in Nova. I can't remember if it's turned on or not by default though.
    It's not that it's an option in nova, it's that it's an option in the play store settings. And an annoying option at that.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 10:56 AM
    Really? I see where you can make the drawer somewhat translucent in nova, but not blur the background. How do I get to that?

--RICH
    I'm trying to remember. I believe there's a slider that ranges from 0-100% opaqueness. I think that's what I used. I'd that doesn't work I'll pull out my Robin. I haven't installed Nova on my Note 7 yet. Let me know.
    08-23-2016 10:57 AM
    I'm trying to remember. I believe there's a slider that ranges from 0-100% opaqueness. I think that's what I used. I'd that doesn't work I'll pull out my Robin. I haven't installed Nova on my Note 7 yet. Let me know.
    Thanks but i'm honestly not interested. Just can't do the whole nova thing again.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 10:59 AM
    Nova can put action memo on the home screen and the Senate widget works with nova.
    I like Nova for the gestures mainly.
    08-23-2016 11:02 AM
    It's not that it's an option in nova, it's that it's an option in the play store settings. And an annoying option at that.

--RICH
    I personally don't like it either. I keep it turned of. For some reason it turned itself back on on my Note. Couldn't remember where I turned it off at. Off to the Play Store I go.
    08-23-2016 11:03 AM

--RICH
    That option is in the Play Store and in Nova.

msm0511 and Golfdriver97 like this.
    08-23-2016 11:03 AM
    Somehow on my Galaxy S7 I managed to get my folders to where when I opened the folder I could scroll down to see all my apps in that folder. However on the Note I've noticed I have to scroll right. I FAR prefer scrolling down (has the effective feeling of "one screen" rather than multiple). But I can't figure out how to get it to do that on the Note. Having said that, I did install Nova on the S7 and don't even really remember doing anything with it...but I'm wondering if I might have changed the folder behavior via Nova. At any rate, Nova is no longer installed on the S7 and the folders still scroll "down" rather than sideways...so I'm hoping it's something I can set up in TW however I've yet to find it.

All-in-all I have no real complaints about TW. W-A-Y better than it was back in my Fascinate days.
    08-23-2016 11:05 AM
    Just one thing I need to use touchwiz: ability to scroll through homescreens continuously instead of only going backwards. All launchers should do that automatically imo. Why scroll through several screens to go back and forth? I like 5 screens with home right in the middle.
    08-23-2016 11:07 AM
    Somehow on my Galaxy S7 I managed to get my folders to where when I opened the folder I could scroll down to see all my apps in that folder. However on the Note I've noticed I have to scroll right. I FAR prefer scrolling down (has the effective feeling of "one screen" rather than multiple). But I can't figure out how to get it to do that on the Note. Having said that, I did install Nova on the S7 and don't even really remember doing anything with it...but I'm wondering if I might have changed the folder behavior via Nova. At any rate, Nova is no longer installed on the S7 and the folders still scroll "down" rather than sideways...so I'm hoping it's something I can set up in TW however I've yet to find it.

All-in-all I have no real complaints about TW. W-A-Y better than it was back in my Fascinate days.
    That's a nova thing. I prefer scrolling vertically as well. Especially in my app tray. I don't like scrolling horizontally using touchwiz.
    That option is in the Play Store and in Nova.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8e643570fa.jpg
    That option is always off for me (on any launcher). I hate it just adding it somewhere! :P.
    [snip] This is going to seem like blasphemy... daring to attack nova launcher, but there are several reasons why I prefer the touchwiz launcher to it. 1) I like that if I download several apps, until I remember their names, I know exactly where to find them: at the end of the app drawer. When I'm ready to alphabetize them, I can click the sort option...[/snip]

--RICH
    I thought I was the only one...I saw a post somewhere where someone complained that the alphabetical sort preference doesn't really work because apps appear at the end until you manually sort them, but I'm totally with you on this one. I like to download stuff and try it out over a few hours or even days, and often it doesn't "make the cut". This is such an easy way to find them quickly and do what I want until I decide if they will become permanent.
    MsMichele likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:13 AM
    I thought I was the only one...I saw a post somewhere where someone complained that the alphabetical sort preference doesn't really work because apps appear at the end until you manually sort them, but I'm totally with you on this one. I like to download stuff and try it out over a few hours or even days, and often it doesn't "make the cut". This is such an easy way to find them quickly and do what I want until I decide if they will become permanent.
    EXACTLY the point..... and setting it up so that duplicates of the icons automatically appear on the home screen is not a solution. That just creates more work.

--RICH
    08-23-2016 11:14 AM
    That option is always off for me (on any launcher). I hate it just adding it somewhere! :P.
    I keep it off in the Play Store and on in Nova. After installing a new app I decide if I remove it from the screen or keep it and then change the icon and move it to some folder.
    08-23-2016 11:15 AM
    Nova really is the best for me. The name touch wiz makes me cringe just hearing it. My note 7 flies like it's a nexus device. Wouldn't have gone back to android if nova wasn't an option.
    I think this comment perfectly sums up TouchWiz. Samsung took SO LONG to improve it, that now people won't even give it a legit shot. I don't blame them at all either. Samsung really screwed the pooch in taking so long to make it a better interface. That being said, I enjoy TouchWiz now and I think Samsung deserves loads of credit for what they've finally accomplished. I really don't see the need for Nova anymore. After 6 days with this, I've uninstalled Nova and will stick with TW until further notice.
    08-23-2016 11:53 AM
    I wouldnt mind using TW, but I just cant stand not having the All Drawer button in the middle!!
    jlczl and jj2339 like this.
    08-23-2016 11:57 AM
    I like Wiz this time, since functional and appears more integrated with the overall device now. Not seeing the speed issues or overt lag being touted (or presumed).
    08-23-2016 12:00 PM
    EXACTLY the point..... and setting it up so that duplicates of the icons automatically appear on the home screen is not a solution. That just creates more work.

--RICH
    Not really. This is how I prefer it. I leave them there to remind me to test out. If they make the cut they get put into folders. Otherwise I'm dragging them out of the app drawer which is more work.
    08-23-2016 12:03 PM
    I use both. In fact, I have both Nova and Line Launcher installed on my device. I switch Launchers when it suits me.

Android is full of choices.
    08-23-2016 12:26 PM
91 1234