Why You Won't Get Me to Give Up Touchwiz Launcher for Nova

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Glad you enjoy it. I always use Google Now Launcher. Changing my mind won't be easy ;).
I'd like to do this as well. I used it on in Note 5. But does it consume more battery than normal? This was my favorite launcher and the only one that I stayed with vs TW.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
There is another method (app) to get the parallex effect in Nova. Use 3d Image Live Wallpaper https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=opotech.image3Dlwp&token=ybwZuTxd

I love Nova for a couple of reasons. Unread notifications on most, if not all apps. TW you get a few unread notifications, how did Samsung forget an unread notification for Gmail? And the other is customization, you can truly change just about anything in Nova specifically unlimited scrolling through homescreens. Too much to name in favor of Nova.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There is another method (app) to get the parallex effect in Nova. Use 3d Image Live Wallpaper https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=opotech.image3Dlwp&token=JXejJwEX

I love Nova for a couple of reasons. Unread notifications on most, if not all apps. TW you get a few unread notifications, how did Samsung forget an unread notification for Gmail? And the other is customization, you can truly change just about anything in Nova specifically unlimited scrolling through homescreens. Too much to name in favor of Nova.

You can get an app to show you gmail notifications, just like you said you can get an app to give the parallax effect. I've tried to like nova, really I have. But every time I download several apps and can't remember the name of 1 of them, I get frustrated because nova automatically puts them in alphabetical order. I much prefer samsung's approach of putting them at the end until I decide to alphabetize them. I get to make that decision rather than nova launcher or samsung.

--RICH

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Reasons I use nova...gestures, slide up for settings, down for notification window, double tap to turn screen off, these are customizable to user. Change icon packs. Change folder ave app drawer background colors. Resize widgets. Change color of label's, resize label's. Continuous screen scroll/dock scroll, can have more then one set of dock. Can lock home screen so you can't accident move apps around in shirt pocket. Can set up remember position in app drawer. Can change animation for scrolling home pages, app drawer. Can change speed of scrolling them.

Nova is just too customizable not to use it. And the best part, no matter what phone I get, put nova on it and I know the launcher.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Reasons I use nova...gestures, slide up for settings, down for notification window, double tap to turn screen off, these are customizable to user. Change icon packs. Change folder ave app drawer background colors. Resize widgets. Change color of label's, resize label's. Continuous screen scroll/dock scroll, can have more then one set of dock. Can lock home screen so you can't accident move apps around in shirt pocket. Can set up remember position in app drawer. Can change animation for scrolling home pages, app drawer. Can change speed of scrolling them.

Nova is just too customizable not to use it. And the best part, no matter what phone I get, put nova on it and I know the launcher.

Reminded me, I also like touchwiz's approach of blurring out the wallpaper picture on the app drawer rather than giving Solid color.

--RICH

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Reminded me, I also like touchwiz's approach of blurring out the wallpaper picture on the app drawer rather than giving Solid color.

--RICH

Nova has that as well. I like that effect way better than the solid color. It looks odd in my opinion to have all my apps sitting in this weird whitish box.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used nova in awhile but on my stock nexus whenever I download a new app it puts the icon on the home screen. That way I always know what new apps I have and I sort them into the appropriate folder. I thought for sure Nova did this? That way you'd see your newly installed apps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used nova in awhile but on my stock nexus whenever I download a new app it puts the icon on the home screen. That way I always know what new apps I have and I sort them into the appropriate folder. I thought for sure Nova did this? That way you'd see your newly installed apps.

It's an option in Nova. I can't remember if it's turned on or not by default though.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Nova has that as well. I like that effect way better than the solid color. It looks odd in my opinion to have all my apps sitting in this weird whitish box.

Really? I see where you can make the drawer somewhat translucent in nova, but not blur the background. How do I get to that?

--RICH

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
That works for touchwiz and just about every launcher, but that gets annoying having to delete the icons

--RICH

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Really? I see where you can make the drawer somewhat translucent in nova, but not blur the background. How do I get to that?

--RICH
I'm trying to remember. I believe there's a slider that ranges from 0-100% opaqueness. I think that's what I used. I'd that doesn't work I'll pull out my Robin. I haven't installed Nova on my Note 7 yet. Let me know.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to remember. I believe there's a slider that ranges from 0-100% opaqueness. I think that's what I used. I'd that doesn't work I'll pull out my Robin. I haven't installed Nova on my Note 7 yet. Let me know.

Thanks but i'm honestly not interested. Just can't do the whole nova thing again.

--RICH

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Nova can put action memo on the home screen and the Senate widget works with nova.
I like Nova for the gestures mainly.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not that it's an option in nova, it's that it's an option in the play store settings. And an annoying option at that.

--RICH
I personally don't like it either. I keep it turned of. For some reason it turned itself back on on my Note. Couldn't remember where I turned it off at. Off to the Play Store I go.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It's not that it's an option in nova, it's that it's an option in the play store settings. And an annoying option at that.

--RICH
That option is in the Play Store and in Nova.

f6d6623dca6ae454bce2828e643570fa.jpg

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Somehow on my Galaxy S7 I managed to get my folders to where when I opened the folder I could scroll down to see all my apps in that folder. However on the Note I've noticed I have to scroll right. I FAR prefer scrolling down (has the effective feeling of "one screen" rather than multiple). But I can't figure out how to get it to do that on the Note. Having said that, I did install Nova on the S7 and don't even really remember doing anything with it...but I'm wondering if I might have changed the folder behavior via Nova. At any rate, Nova is no longer installed on the S7 and the folders still scroll "down" rather than sideways...so I'm hoping it's something I can set up in TW however I've yet to find it.

All-in-all I have no real complaints about TW. W-A-Y better than it was back in my Fascinate days.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Just one thing I need to use touchwiz: ability to scroll through homescreens continuously instead of only going backwards. All launchers should do that automatically imo. Why scroll through several screens to go back and forth? I like 5 screens with home right in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz